The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-30-2011, 04:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

yay, i'm meeting my friend in Birmingham tomorrow. I love her! she is such a crazy moo, we like to pretend we are Joan Crawford and Bette Davis (we are obviously normal) and she totally gets my Debbie Harry obsession. Everytime she sees something Blondie/Debbie Harry she texts me. We were in town the other week and we spent soo long in a vintage style record store so tomorrow will be so much fun. (:
Old 08-30-2011, 04:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wild-heart View Post
yay, i'm meeting my friend in Birmingham tomorrow. I love her! she is such a crazy moo, we like to pretend we are Joan Crawford and Bette Davis (we are obviously normal) and she totally gets my Debbie Harry obsession. Everytime she sees something Blondie/Debbie Harry she texts me. We were in town the other week and we spent soo long in a vintage style record store so tomorrow will be so much fun. (:
Do you use Christina's Blondie forum? It's a bit psycho and there are some PROPER nutjobs but it's home.

Oh Yeah Christine McVie | Tumblr
Old 08-30-2011, 04:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterCookie View Post
Do you use Christina's Blondie forum? It's a bit psycho and there are some PROPER nutjobs but it's home.
Nooo i've never used it. LOL got to love forum nutjobs. I'm still pissed off at the fact i've missed the last two Blondie tours because my friends decided to be selfish. -_- Loves me some Debbie Harry!!!
Old 08-30-2011, 04:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Nooo i've never used it. LOL got to love forum nutjobs. I'm still pissed off at the fact i've missed the last two Blondie tours because my friends decided to be selfish. -_- Loves me some Debbie Harry!!!
Oh ouch. They were both great. Did you go to the Jazz Passengers show in Newcastle this March just gone?

When I say nutjobs, they actually need sectioning It's literally blondieforum.com. Best place to go for new info etc and I met my best friends because of that site

Old 08-30-2011, 04:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Oh ouch. They were both great. Did you go to the Jazz Passengers show in Newcastle this March just gone?

When I say nutjobs, they actually need sectioning It's literally blondieforum.com. Best place to go for new info etc and I met my best friends because of that site
Noo i didn't I literally never have anyone to go with anymore. All my friends are fans of ****ty boy bands and the one who likes Debbie Harry, we've only recently become good friends. -_- Ahh i'll check it out (: LOL yup there are deffo some of those online!!!!! The record store I was in the other day had loads of Blondie vinyls for a pound I was in heaven!!!
Old 08-30-2011, 04:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Ahh just go alone! Everyone's friendly enough. I go, sometimes alone and meet people when I get there, sometimes with my friend Amy and we meet people there. None of the people I know from school etc like Debs but to hell with them

Old 08-30-2011, 04:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Springs View Post
Cho Chang was a character in Harry Potter, who was in Ravenclaw House at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft And Wizardry.
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ok. i don't know that movie.
Old 08-30-2011, 04:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Ahh just go alone! Everyone's friendly enough. I go, sometimes alone and meet people when I get there, sometimes with my friend Amy and we meet people there. None of the people I know from school etc like Debs but to hell with them
Aaha i totes would go on my own now! I think i might have to IF Stevie Tours the UK cause i talk about her and my friends are like WHO? Aahaha! I saw Cyndi Lauper in June and none of my friends or family would come (pft) so i forced my little brother to come with me.. he's 11 and had no idea who she was :L:L:L so funny. Aaha yeah i always end up talking to people at gigs anyway so i guess being on my own wouldn't make any difference. I still kick myself that i didn't see Blondie in liverpool this year. gahh
Old 08-30-2011, 04:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I wanted to do more than one show this year but my stinky holiday fell right over the tour. I went to the show at Kew Gardens and it was perfect. I got to watch soundcheck, Debs blew me a kiss and the show ended with fireworks into the night ♥

Old 08-30-2011, 04:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I wanted to do more than one show this year but my stinky holiday fell right over the tour. I went to the show at Kew Gardens and it was perfect. I got to watch soundcheck, Debs blew me a kiss and the show ended with fireworks into the night ♥
aww sounds like you had a brill night Good ole Debs, i don't care what anyone says she is still hot!!! I swear she contributed to me getting into uni. I took my workbooks that i had done and it was full of Debbie Harry for my research and inspiration and my tutor spent the whole interview telling me how much he loved her.. didn't even look at the actual work then bam i got in! aha!
Old 08-30-2011, 04:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
aww sounds like you had a brill night Good ole Debs, i don't care what anyone says she is still hot!!! I swear she contributed to me getting into uni. I took my workbooks that i had done and it was full of Debbie Harry for my research and inspiration and my tutor spent the whole interview telling me how much he loved her.. didn't even look at the actual work then bam i got in! aha!
!!!!!

I wrote about her in my interview, too! And I got an unconditional offer hahaa. I owe that woman so much. She is stilll damn hot. I would in a heartbeat.

Old 08-30-2011, 04:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
!!!!!

I wrote about her in my interview, too! And I got an unconditional offer hahaa. I owe that woman so much. She is stilll damn hot. I would in a heartbeat.
AHAH no way. High 5!!! I had the lyrics "dreaming is free" tattooed on my as a tribute to her from the song dreaming. LOL same, she is totally my girl crush. I love how my friends know me for loving her. My friend was doing a pub quiz last week and one of the questions was what blondie song is some lyrics from LOL she BBMd me straight away.
Old 08-30-2011, 04:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm undecided between a Harry Potter Tat or a Blondie tat. I'd be the Eat To The Beat "Blondie" logo. I'll probably just get both, though.

Old 08-30-2011, 04:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm undecided between a Harry Potter Tat or a Blondie tat. I'd be the Eat To The Beat "Blondie" logo. I'll probably just get both, though.
Ahh as long as they mean something to you i don't think you'd regret either. Both are a good idea. I have Courtney Love lyrics, Blondie Lyrics, Hope in Hindi and some cherry blossoms. three of those are on my left forearm. I want something else added do it aha. I think my next one will be Stevie related on my ribs BUT I also want.. Yesterday's gone, Yesterday's gone as a FM/Christine tribute. I like writing tattoos i swear i am going to look like a random book if i carry on!!!
Old 08-30-2011, 07:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Why do I feel like it's just a pipe dream and it'll never happen for me? *Sighs*