Old 04-10-2018, 07:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Question thoughts on firing?

i have a range of thoughts, some are -
  • shocked and sad for how betrayed he must feel
  • happy he's not tied down for the next 2 years with the stale oldies act
  • excited he can instead finally fully focus on his creative endevours
  • can't wait for the solo album(s) he promised will be out this year and next
  • can't wait for the solo tour (hopefully this fall!) - we didn't have one since 2012!
  • frustrated that although fans and general public are supporting him so hard right now, by the time he finally announces the Best Of album and tour this great momentum will be gone
  • know better than to hope he will actually have a successful social media campaign to let people *know* he's touring

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-10-2018, 07:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

I am angry
I am sad
I am bitter
Lindsey wanted so much more for Fleetwood Mac but they just want to play oldies
I wanted one more album
I wanted one more tour
Shame on all of them
Old 04-10-2018, 08:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm angry.
I'm dismayed.
I'm piss off at the disrespect the band has showed him.
I'm sick and tired of Stevie Nicks highjacking this band
The irony that they want to play the hits that he crafted. Without him they will be a lounge act.
I hope this tour fails spectacularly and they come crawling back and he tells them to suck it.
I'm pumped for so much new music, new tours and vitality.
I hope he has no Fleetwood Mac music in his tour, only solo material.

Turn It On Linds.
Old 04-10-2018, 09:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Shocked/angry
Not surprised
Happy to now at least get some more new music.
I get it.... He's not just about the "hits tour"
I figured he would be in the "last chapter of the MAC".... But I guess not.
Disconnect....between Buckingham/Nicks on the future of the MAC as it relates to releasing new music.
I will get over it....I love all the versions of this band.
Old 04-10-2018, 09:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm all over the place
My heart is broken cause I wanted a final album and a final tour even if it was the same songs we've heard a gazillion times.
I'm enraged AF for him being fired--just typing the word 'fired' pisses me off. Ready to take out my earrings and fight!
My brain says this is the most FM way of doing FM--of course they're doing all this krazy **** after Chris came back and Stevie's tour was successful and BuckVie was stupendous. What other outcome would be as FM as this??
Old 04-10-2018, 10:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by justcrazylove View Post
I'm angry.
I'm dismayed.
I'm piss off at the disrespect the band has showed him.
I'm sick and tired of Stevie Nicks highjacking this band
The irony that they want to play the hits that he crafted. Without him they will be a lounge act.
I hope this tour fails spectacularly and they come crawling back and he tells them to suck it.
I'm pumped for so much new music, new tours and vitality.
I hope he has no Fleetwood Mac music in his tour, only solo material.

Turn It On Linds.
i love you!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-10-2018, 10:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola View Post
My brain says this is the most FM way of doing FM--of course they're doing all this krazy **** after Chris came back and Stevie's tour was successful and BuckVie was stupendous. What other outcome would be as FM as this??
i think all of this played a role in the implosion.

Lindsey saved their a**es so many times in the life / near death / bankruptcy situations, if what they tell us can be believed. that's some heavy personal stuff, besides what he did on the musical side. yet none of that apparently means anything, just drop him at the end. because he's difficult? please! he was way more difficult over the course of the last 50 years. why was he not fired, if they couldn't stand it, 40 years ago during the Tusk tour when some bad stuff was happening? nah that was apparently nothing, now somehow he became too difficult. after a lifetime together. before the last tour. pleeeeaaase.

Old 04-10-2018, 10:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'll feel a little better when Lindsey puts out his tour dates. I'm dragging my feet on plans for my parents 50th wedding anniversary in the fall. Yesterday I read for hours online about Lindsey. Somewhere (not here) I read a comment about his tour starting in September. Wish I could confirm that but i guess I'll just wait and see. I don't even know where i'd find that comment again.
Old 04-10-2018, 11:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My thoughts...

The only shock at all is that Christine didn't
have his back. Even if they all had a vote,
she could have told them that she was out.

Ole what's her name would have had a hard
time carrying the band without Christine.
Old 04-11-2018, 02:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

From what I notice on a neighbouring thread, Lindsey has a solo album all ready to go. I get the impression he was more keen on doing that than an FM tour and as so often happens with these older bands (Journey/Styx/Yes) when one member wants more time and the rest want to go ahead with the tour the odd man out gets dumped.

By that logic though, they should have ditched Stevie and made BuckVie an FM album.
Old 04-11-2018, 05:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Although getting fired is terrible, I think Lindsey will be happier putting out a solo album and doing a solo tour than doing another oldies tour with the Big Machine without any new music.

My main disappointment is that Christine didn't go with him. I believe she honestly enjoyed the BuckVie album and tour, but (apparently) she is choosing the Big Machine tour rather than hitching her wagon to his star. Best case scenario is he plans for this to be a true solo effort, and he will recruit her for more BuckVie in the future.

It's hard for me to believe that money is the primary motivation for anyone other than Mick. I find it hard to believe that each of the three songwriters aren't getting handsome royalty checks every week. But maybe Stevie is greedier than I imagine. Heck, maybe they all are.
Old 04-11-2018, 06:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
Although getting fired is terrible, I think Lindsey will be happier putting out a solo album and doing a solo tour than doing another oldies tour with the Big Machine without any new music.

My main disappointment is that Christine didn't go with him. I believe she honestly enjoyed the BuckVie album and tour, but (apparently) she is choosing the Big Machine tour rather than hitching her wagon to his star. Best case scenario is he plans for this to be a true solo effort, and he will recruit her for more BuckVie in the future.

It's hard for me to believe that money is the primary motivation for anyone other than Mick. I find it hard to believe that each of the three songwriters aren't getting handsome royalty checks every week. But maybe Stevie is greedier than I imagine. Heck, maybe they all are.
i don't think it's about money for Stevie. if it was, she would have simply left the mac after her last solo tour, where she doesn't have to split the income 5-ways. yes, Mac makes more money than her solo tour, but probably about 3 x as much , not 5x. so either she was trying to get out of the Mac tour blameless (speculations are that Mac tour has been booked since January), or she just really wanted to show Lindsey not just how she would leave so fast that palm leaves would hit him in the head or whatever it was few years ago - but that she now can even push him out. for her it would be a win-win - either they cancel the tour altogether if they don't wanna turn on LB, or they fire him if they do.

i think LB wanted FM tour because he wanted to finance comfortably his next solo tour. he was counting on Mac tour for that. he didn't want out, but after his album got converted and pushed back, he probably did want to try to push the start of the Mac tour from august to a bit later. but, the story goes, he relented. but then he wanted them to wait for his dates to be cemented before they announce the Mac tour, and supposedly that was the last straw.

Mick wanted the Mac tour and to get as much money as possible. plus we've seen Mick and Stevie together around the world an awful lot in the last few months. maybe there was a resentment that BuckVie was so well received and that LB and CM looked like they had so much fun.

then supposedly the vote came. it was Mick and Stevie vs Lindsey. i have to assume LB couldn't believe that they would even pull something like that on him. so Mick and Stevie want him out. they say they can't work with that arrogant jerk anymore. John goes with Mick, by default, because the 2 of them had a pact forever that they stick together - or something like that. so that's 3:1 and it's basically over. Christine is in the middle, and sad about the whole situation. i have no idea whether she voted or not. but she stayed with the band. Mick's social media looked like he's been really trying to butter her up lately. plus Mick is her real friend i think. he always kept in touch. i hope she tours the shortest time possible and then bolts.

Old 04-11-2018, 06:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i don't think it's about money for Stevie. if it was, she would have simply left the mac after her last solo tour, where she doesn't have to split the income 5-ways. yes, Mac makes more money than her solo tour, but probably about 3 x as much , not 5x. so either she was trying to get out of the Mac tour blameless (speculations are that Mac tour has been booked since January), or she just really wanted to show Lindsey not just how she would leave so fast that palm leaves would hit him in the head or whatever it was few years ago - but that she now can even push him out. for her it would be a win-win - either they cancel the tour altogether if they don't wanna turn on LB, or they fire him if they do.

i think LB wanted FM tour because he wanted to finance comfortably his next solo tour. he was counting on Mac tour for that. he didn't want out, but after his album got converted and pushed back, he probably did want to try to push the start of the Mac tour from august to a bit later. but, the story goes, he relented. but then he wanted them to wait for his dates to be cemented before they announce the Mac tour, and supposedly that was the last straw.

Mick wanted the Mac tour and to get as much money as possible. plus we've seen Mick and Stevie together around the world an awful lot in the last few months. maybe there was a resentment that BuckVie was so well received and that LB and CM looked like they had so much fun.

then supposedly the vote came. it was Mick and Stevie vs Lindsey. i have to assume LB couldn't believe that they would even pull something like that on him. so Mick and Stevie want him out. they say they can't work with that arrogant jerk anymore. John goes with Mick, by default, because the 2 of them had a pact forever that they stick together - or something like that. so that's 3:1 and it's basically over. Christine is in the middle, and sad about the whole situation. i have no idea whether she voted or not. but she stayed with the band. Mick's social media looked like he's been really trying to butter her up lately. plus Mick is her real friend i think. he always kept in touch. i hope she tours the shortest time possible and then bolts.
Not sure what you mean about his album being converted. None of LB’s albums have been converted to Mac albums this side of 2003.
Old 04-11-2018, 06:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default The Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post

A psychologist once explained to me that there are basically three motivations/reasons for most things in life: money, sex or power. It was money for Mick. It was power for Stevie.
Old 04-11-2018, 09:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murrow View Post
Not sure what you mean about his album being converted. None of LB’s albums have been converted to Mac albums this side of 2003.
he was planning to release an album of all new music right about now. record company decided he should release Best Of album instead, and hold off on the album of new music and release it later. or something like that. that's what i meant.