User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-07-2017, 07:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
Great to see them on this but.... Oh my god why didn't they ask me to do the interview or let a " real fan" ask a question at the close of the interview.
Exactly! Lindsey's expression when that first kid ask them: "what's your favorite part of touring?" is priceless! He couldn't process it and answer at the same time. He left it on Christine's capable hands.

I love their banter. They're so comfortable with each other.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 06-07-2017, 07:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Exactly! Lindsey's expression when that first kid ask them: "what's your favorite part of touring?" is priceless! He couldn't process it and answer at the same time. He left it on Christine's capable hands.
Musical genius be may be, but speaking socially he's an idiot. Which is why he always relies on his recycled words and speeches. Organic, cycles, etc...
Old 06-07-2017, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
Great to see them on this but.... Oh my god why didn't they ask me to do the interview or let a " real fan" ask a question at the close of the interview.
Please tell us everything that we already know from the making of video.

I wish you did do the interview.
Old 06-07-2017, 09:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

i loved watching this - Christine is such a breath of fresh air, so great in answering, so alert and responsive, throwing in little off the cuff add-ons! i loved when she told the girl to better put her shovel down when the girl said they were both well preserved.

these shows will be great if audiences get to have some back and forth with both of them as a part of the flow of the show!!

Lindsey i almost couldn't listen to with his always same stories and wording that we've heard one too many times. the only interesting responses from him were to audience questions, especially that they'll be doing 8 out of 10 new songs live and some FM deeper tracks (i hope he doesn't mean the same deep tracks that they've been doing over and over at Mac shows since he specifically implied they will be different from what people normally play at FM live shows).

Lindsey's response to Love is here to stay question was cringeworthy with his recycling completely imappropriate answer for the posed question.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 06-07-2017, 10:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

8 out of 10 album songs
Old 06-07-2017, 11:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
thanks! the separate video pieces and pics also here, just scroll down from upcoming shows to adde pics and videos - https://build.aol.com/#nav-up-next

https://build.aol.com/video/59388070b90afb2783e6ad4f/

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 06-08-2017, 12:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

How fun to see them doing a live talk show! The audience questions were a bit insipid, but the interviewer knew what she was doing.

Per usual, Lindsey talks and talks and talks. He intellectualizes basic processes: sometimes it's illuminating, other times irritating and unnecessary. Christine is more succinct yet more direct; for being a self-proclaimed introvert, she exudes more warmth. Overall, their different styles make for a great blend.
Old 06-12-2017, 08:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

He just steps in stuff doesn't he sometimes? His comments about cowrites... and how sometimes he didn't get/take cowriter credit on Chris or Stevie's songs because of "politics" was like....."wow".....

I love that we started to see sarcastic Christine re-emerge at times...

I also found his comments interesting about how doing this album vs previous Mac albums was minus all the drama etc...he clearly meant Stevie through all that.
Old 06-12-2017, 08:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
He just steps in stuff doesn't he sometimes? His comments about cowrites... and how sometimes he didn't get/take cowriter credit on Chris or Stevie's songs because of "politics" was like....."wow".....

I love that we started to see sarcastic Christine re-emerge at times...
i was actually happy to hear him say that because i long suspected that to be the case.

Old 06-12-2017, 09:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i was actually happy to hear him say that because i long suspected that to be the case.
well, it's likely true on Stevie's stuff... something seemed kinda rude about it with Chris sitting right there...

And as much as I like this new album, if you listen to Christine's work on In The Meantime vs the BuckVie album, her work on BuckVie sounds totally like him. You don't hear the musical voice she has all over In The Meantime. I'm conflicted about his production style, while catchy, seems to be turning other people's work into variations of his own style rather than embellishing their own unique voice.
Old 06-12-2017, 10:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
well, it's likely true on Stevie's stuff... something seemed kinda rude about it with Chris sitting right there...

And as much as I like this new album, if you listen to Christine's work on In The Meantime vs the BuckVie album, her work on BuckVie sounds totally like him. You don't hear the musical voice she has all over In The Meantime. I'm conflicted about his production style, while catchy, seems to be turning other people's work into variations of his own style rather than embellishing their own unique voice.
I agree completely. I was just thinking today, "what if 5 of her best songs off ITM were on here?" Because he does make her songs sound like his!