The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-28-2002, 08:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I really doubt that you will see the cover songs that Lindsey did over the last 7 years on the album. I may be wrong but, I would imagine that the band feels that after such a long hiatus from releasing original material to release an album with multiple tunes penned by other artists and previously released is not the direction they want to go in. I do expect a number of the songs we have heard will be on the album. Some might not be different at all, some may be drastically different, and some may not sound all that different but have been reworked. (Think Steal your Heart Away circa 1997 to the version we heard in 2002). Remember many of the GOS songs had Mick and John on them when they were recording the material for the solo project. I doubt all these songs got redone just because it was now a Fleetwood Mac project. The GOS songs are much more complete than demos, as they are so often referred to here. Many sound like mixed tracks, that have not been mastered. Mastering is the final step of the creative process and the lack of mastering is what accounts for many of the volume irregularities you hear on the tracks. The fingerpicking acoustic stuff is covered without cover tunes, listen to Red Rover, Say Goodbye, Murrow, and Miranda. With all that said I fully expect there are Lindsey tunes we have never heard on the album.
Old 10-28-2002, 09:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I agree with everything you said John Run. But it would be good to hope for some sort of Stevie vocal input on Lindsey's songs so as not to have the striking division of talent Tusk was (perhaps unjustly) decried for. In that case we, as ppl who have gotten familiar with the GOS suite, might hope for at least some of those songs to resurface but augmented into something a cut above.
Old 10-28-2002, 04:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I've really been hoping stevie gets a chance to put her vocals on lindsey's songs, especially some of the GOS tracks that will make it on the album. If they don't i fear the album could be very divided ...like tusk in that sense.

Alex
Old 10-28-2002, 06:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Dream On

Quote:
Originally posted by Jessica Leigh
don't think lindsey would go for the "lets turn lindsey's solo album into the new fm album" again... i think he really really wants to do his solo album too...
I wish, but I've reconciled myself to the fact that this is never gonna happen. If he was going to do it, he would have done it already. He had golden opportunities in 1997, 1998 or even as late as this past year, but no dice. It's been TEN YEARS since OOTC, only one of which was spent with FM (so much for the "he gave up his solo career for FM"). Look at Stevie, she dedicated more time to FM and still whipped out the solo albums right and left. Apparently many of those GOS demos were from 1995, which means he'd had enough material for 7 years minimum..still, nada, for all this time, despite a ridiculous amount of "it's comings". I for one have stopped getting my hopes up.

Like I said, it just ain't gonna happen.

But, hey, I hope I'm wrong. Just don't hold your breath.

Old 10-29-2002, 03:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Dream On

Quote:
Originally posted by sodascouts

I wish, but I've reconciled myself to the fact that this is never gonna happen. If he was going to do it, he would have done it already. He had golden opportunities in 1997, 1998 or even as late as this past year, but no dice. It's been TEN YEARS since OOTC, only one of which was spent with FM (so much for the "he gave up his solo career for FM"). Look at Stevie, she dedicated more time to FM and still whipped out the solo albums right and left. Apparently many of those GOS demos were from 1995, which means he'd had enough material for 7 years minimum..still, nada, for all this time, despite a ridiculous amount of "it's comings". I for one have stopped getting my hopes up.

Like I said, it just ain't gonna happen.

But, hey, I hope I'm wrong. Just don't hold your breath.
but also in those years as you said... stevie was doing HER solo stuff...so they didn't have time to do fm stuff... so what if it takes lindsey longer than her to put out a solo album... all i am saying is that i AM holding my breath.. and even though im begining to turn blue.. i'm still holding my breath... i have more faith in lindsey than i think most of us are allowing the record companies to give him. (crossing my fingers)
Old 10-29-2002, 05:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Well...

I maintain my theory that Lindsey is not the kind of person who needs to put out a solo album for some sort of personal, career or financial satisfaction - let me hasten to add, in the context of these days anyway. And furthermore, I know I won't need to look beyond the new album for the very best Lindsey is gonna give us. I don't see a holds barred approach in production that should make a solo album at all wanting. I'm still thinking of the album as a largely half Stevie/half Lindsey double album btw.