The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-23-2010, 09:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Qυеѕtіοח bу ♥EthanAsherBusk♥05/01/10♥: I’m going tο see Fleetwood Mac іח concert…?

Mу dad ɡοt tickets fοr υѕ аחԁ wе аrе sooooo excited (іf уου haven’t noticed I аm named аftеr Stevie Nicks haha) аחԁ I аm trying tο find out іf tһеrе аrе аחу backstage passes available, wе аrе seeing tһеm March 25th аt tһе Bell Center іח Montreal аחԁ I wουƖԁ Ɩονе tο bе аbƖе tο suprise һіm
Anyone know anything аbουt іt? I tried searching online bυt аƖƖ I found wеrе places selling tickets bυt tһеу never ѕаіԁ anything аbουt backstage passes.

Aחѕwеr bу Paul’s Next Wife

Arе уου сеrtаіח уου аrе seeing ALL οf Fleetwood Mac? I wеחt tο see tһеm many years ago, wһеח tһеу wеrе touring wіtһ Pat Benatar аחԁ REO Speedwagon, I tһіחk. (It wаѕ аƖƖ mу husband’s іԁеа–I don’t really Ɩіkе аחу οf tһеѕе people!) Well, guess wһаt? Tһеrе wаѕ חο Lindsey Buckingham, חο Christine McVie, חο John McVie, аחԁ חο Stevie Nicks! It wаѕ јυѕt Mick Fleetwood out wіtһ a bunch οf young חο-names! Yου′d better check аחԁ see іf іt’s really tһе real band οr іf Mick’s pulling another fаѕt one!

http://cheapconcertticketsnow.com/30...ac-in-concert/
Old 07-23-2010, 09:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Popdose Listmania: Top 50 Guitarists (20-11) | Popdose
By Popdose Staff
He joined his first band as a senior in high school, which is where he met Stevie Nicks, who became his girlfriend and bandmate. After hearing a track from Buckingham Nicks, the ill-fated album Buckingham and Nicks released as a duo, ...
Popdose - http://popdose.com/
Old 07-24-2010, 07:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

An Overdose Of Fingal Cocoa: Chicken Shack featuring Stan Webb
By AOOFC
Many people maintain that Christine Perfect's departure in August 1969 to join her husband John McVie in Fleetwood Mac, weakened Chicken Shack's dynamics. They still had a good reputation as a live band, based around Stan Webb's ...
An Overdose Of Fingal Cocoa - http://overdoseoffingalcocoa.blogspot.com/
Old 07-24-2010, 07:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default by Matt Wild July 23, 2010

Indulgers lineup fattened out by Fleetwood Mac guitarist

The impressive news for Denver Celtic-rock act The Indulgers is that a longtime member of Fleetwood Mac has joined its ranks. The slightly less impressive news is that member isn’t Lindsey Buckingham, Mick Fleetwood, or Stevie Nicks, but longtime support-staff guitarist Neale Heywood. With Fleetwood Mac on ongoing hiatus, Heywood’s been parlaying his long association with the band into a full-time spot in its lineup until Fleetwood Mac gets back on its feet.

After watching from the sidelines as the band swapped out its rhythm section, Heywood was lured into the band after seeing the new muscle under the hood. “'These guys are as good as you get,' [Heywood] said, so he asked if he could join the band,” Indulgers singer-guitarist Damien McCarron said.

The switch to playing Irish bars (Heywood makes his debut with the band tonight at Conor O’Neill’s in Boulder) isn’t quite as jarring as the arena-to-pub downsize might seem: Heywood’s already been playing as half of a covers duo around town. “Nobody knows he’s a member of Fleetwood Mac,” McCarron laughs. “They just think they play really, really good Tom Petty covers.”

http://www.avclub.com/denver/article...mac-gui,43444/
Old 07-26-2010, 07:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Butter Cookie's new favorite band

Mountain Man are neither men nor mountains. Instead, they’re three women who sing beguiling indie-folk songs, often a capella. Their debut LP, Made The Harbor, has wowed critics and landed them an invite to perform at Wilco’s Solid Sound Festival. We talked to Mountain Man member Alexandra Sauser-Monnig, the one who’s into Fleetwood Mac and Ke$ha.

How did the group form, and how’d you settle on the name?

We got together in college in Vermont. We were just throwing out names and came up with Mountain Man.

Mountain Man’s sound has been described as ghostly or ethereal. How intentional is that?

I wouldn’t call it intentional. I read an interview with Hemingway a little while ago in which he described his “style” and the “style” of other writers as their own awkward and singular way of writing. His “style” was the best way he could write what he wrote. I think that applies here too. If our music is perceived as ghostly or ethereal, that is an interpretation. Our sound is the expression of our abilities and imaginations working in cahoots, and I don’t think we could do anything other than that.

The term “Appalachian Folk” comes up a lot with reference to Mountain Man, what was your exposure to Appalachian Folk before the band?

“Appalachian folk” is a misnomer, in my opinion. None of us are from Appalachia, and I think I am the only one of us who listens to any kind of country music. Amelia listens to a lot of electronic music like Animal Collective and Crystal Castles, and Molly listens Joni Mitchell and Neil Young and lots of contemporary music. We pump up the Fleetwood Mac and Foreigner and Ke$ha in the car. I only started listening to a lot of country music in the last four years.

http://www.americansongwriter.com/20...-mountain-man/
Old 07-26-2010, 03:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default there is no post-Rumours McNuggetts

‘I’m zilch as a singer’
Priyanka Dasgupta, Jul 27, 2010

How was Fossils’ Nashville show at the Banga Sammelan...

This was Fossils’ first-ever performance at a Banga Sammelan. We performed the concluding act on July 17. The response was so overwhelming that the organisers had to professionally request us to perform again on the following day. Rick Vito, former member of Fleetwood Mac, came to interview us. Having heard our F3, the guitarist told us that we should release the album internationally. He wanted us to sing in English. The idea is thrilling. Perhaps, someday we will. He gifted something to each one of us. For me, it was a condenser mic that can be used to try out different kinds of sound.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/l...ow/6215179.cms
Old 07-27-2010, 08:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Fleetwood Mac is one of those bands that when people criticize it makes me want to rip their faces off. Rumours is one of the best albums ever recorded. And my rant of Fleetwood Mac ends here, but You Make Loving Fun...sigh...makes me happy. It is also one I frequently (more than twice a week) dance around my apartment in my underwear to.

http://piratina-plankster.blogspot.c...ondays_26.html
Old 07-27-2010, 04:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Tuesday, July 27, 2010
GOLD....1979
"......cuz people out there turn the music into gold...."

This song brings back memories. It's not a great song, just a piece of fluff from the 70's.

And it totally cracks me up.

Some background: The song is by some dude named John Stewart. No, not from the Daily Show. This guy was from the Kingston Trio, and all I know about them is they're probably a band my parents listened to.

Anyhoo, Lindsay Buckingham and Stevie Nicks appeared on the track. Lindsay's guitar work is obviously apparent – and probably a large part of why I like this song - and Stevie Nicks lends her voice. It's not credited as a duet, but it might as well be – you can't miss her vocals.

However, every time I hear this song I get the vague feeling Miss Stevie is singing a completely different song than Stewart.

It's like she's singing along to something in her head, and it doesn't quite match up. Quite possible – it was during her drug addled years.

Still, it works.

I went YouTube-ing hoping to find a live version of them performing this song, but instead found Mr. Stewart's 1979 appearance on Solid Gold.

AWESOMENESS. SQUARED.

http://thebathroomdrawer.blogspot.co.../gold1979.html
Old 07-27-2010, 11:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lux: The title is taken from a Stevie Nicks cover. You’re a big Fleetwood Mac fan too! This is good opportunity to geek out cause my indie friends don’t ‘get’ my obsession and just see Fleetwood as a cheesy bunch of hippies who did a whole bunch of coke. When did you discover them?

Emily: When I was around 16 was the historic reunion of the Rumours-era line-up of F. Mac and The Dance and the tour and the Vh1 Behind the Music, all of which were hugely influential. Also I grew up in Silver Spring Maryland which is not, as far as I know, named for the song Silver Springs or vice versa, but it always made me feel like I had some kind of fated connection to the band.

Emily: Tusk or Rumours?

Emily: Tusk, DUH.

Lux: I’d have to go for Tusk. I know the album was Lindsey’s baby and the rest of the band were left hanging around the studio bored while he experimented with new sounds. But for me Stevie’s and Christine’s songs really make that record for me, I don’t think Lindsey’s efforts come close to say Sara, Brown Eyes or Storms.

Emily: Have you seen the documentary? Oh my god. Look at the parts of it that are available on YouTube if not.

They all come across and so crazy and addled and insane, and then they get onstage and completely kill it every time. They're so professional. There's a great studio scene where Mick is just standing there in this quasi-autistic way, sloshing his drink around in time to the beat, looking deeply contemplative. There's also a scene where Stevie practices ballet. I find myself incapable of describing the depth of positive feeling this evokes in me with words. I mean, your friends are right about F Mac but that's PART OF WHY THEY ARE SO AMAZING.

http://luxthanzero.blogspot.com/2010...ership-in.html
Old 07-28-2010, 08:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Davis Silis, Director
Journal of Excellence
Viewed 107 times

July 27, 2010 Oh my f'ing god Fleetwood Mac!

Dear Internet,

Oh my god, did you know that Fleetwood Mac has been around for like, so long? I sort of feel like they should win a prize or something. Seriously guys, we should maybe, you know, get together and do something nice for them.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking -- like a party or something.

Remember, in elementary school when they would wheel in the TV and VCR and you'd watch 'Arachnaphobia' or some other inappropriate-for-young-kids type of movie? Except instead of that it would be like we'd wheel in Madonna or something. Not really sure what metaphor I'm going for there.

But I feel like we haven't been giving them proper appreciation, you know, for sticking around so f'ing long. Way past when you'd expect a band to give up.

I'm not saying they've overstayed their welcome, not by any means! It's actually the opposite of that.

You know, when you're at a party and are sort of buzzed and some guy is telling you all this crazy **** about how he used to be a drug runner between Chicago and Detroit because he was super-bored and you're like 'no f'ing way man!' and you're definitely into the whole thing. And buzzed. And he keeps going. Even though your mind is already pretty blown by how supersweet his story is.

But then it just keeps going and you're there thinking, 'holy **** man I hope this never ends it's so f'ing good!' and then it doesn't end.

Sincerely,
Davis

http://read.davissilis.com/oh-my-fing-god-fleetwood-mac
Old 07-28-2010, 11:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Chance for creativity
Manawatu Standard
In front is her painting of the cover from Fleetwood Mac's Tango in the Night album.
http://www.stuff.co.nz/manawatu-stan...for-creativity
Old 07-28-2010, 11:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This week in 1978, JFK Stadium in Philadelphia was the site of one of those fabulous all-day all-star shows that studded '70s summers: Fleetwood Mac, the Steve Miller Band, former Mac member Bob Welch, and the Sanford-Townsend Band. It wasn't a particularly great day of music, however: Rolling Stone's review of the show dismissed Welch and Sanford-Townsend in a single sentence and slammed Stevie Nicks, although it praised the rest of Fleetwood Mac, and Steve Miller was apparently pretty good.

http://www.wnew.com/2010/07/this-wee...nd-stevie.html
Old 07-28-2010, 11:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Old -vs- New: Fleetwood Mac and Si*Sé – The Chain
July 28, 2010 | Written by ytravillian

Against my better judgment I have been listening to Si*Sé’s cover of Fleetwood Mac’s “The Chain” on repeat for most of the year. The reason I say ‘against my better judgment’ is because I know damn well Fleetwood’s version is a rock classic and there aren’t too many chicks who are cooler than the awesome Stevie Nicks. But man… singer/DJ Carol C (of Si*Sé) has a voice that is so pure and evokes such a timeless sensuality – that I just can’t help but to fall in love with it every time I hear it.

Originally recorded in 1977, “The Chain” comes off Fleetwood Mac’s best selling album, Rumors. Although it’s classified as rock its smooth folk-like tempo, banjo’s and bass progressions gives it a much more laid back vibe then some of the other tracks off of Rumors. Written (for the most part) by the entire band (that’s Nicks, vocalist Lindsey Buckingham, Christine & John McVie and of course Mick Fleetwood) “The Chain” was an instant classic due to it’s powerful yet simplistic lyrics and although never released as a single it is one of the groups most popular songs and is considered a Fleetwood anthem.

Fast forward to 2009/10 and “The Chain” recieved a new life off of Si*Sé’s 5 track EP entitled Gold. And what a stellar job the group did with the song. Says producer Cliff Cristofaro on the making of “The Chain” “For our cover, we didn’t just want to replicate the original. We wanted to add a gritty modern feel, incorporating electro, dub and even rock all into one”. And indeed they did. Si*Se put such a postive modern twist to the song that even old-school Fleetwood fans have not been able to deny its likability. All the vocal arrangements were for the most part left intact but there is something extremely unique that they were able to pull out of it making it a super-standout on Gold.

However for every Fleetwood fan praising Si*Se’s cover there are even more who are completely dissing it. One of those dissers in particular (and he knows who he is) recently hit me with the question; if I had to pick a version, which one would it be? **** I didn’t know then and I still don’t know now. Shame on me perhaps. But I doubt I will ever be able to choose only one which is why for the rest of my life (and I’m not being dramatic), I will continue to slap them both. Job well done to both parties!

http://www.thecouchsessions.com/2010...ise-the-chain/
Old 07-31-2010, 01:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Ghostwriter for Michael Jackson says he was working on Fleetwood Mac and interviewing Mick when he got the call from Michael. Here's an excerpt from an interview with the writer, Stephen Davis.

http://bestofmichaeljackson.jclondon...yal-to-him-mj/

In 1987, Stephen Davis — the noted rock and roll biographer, and author of arguably the most notorious non-fiction rock tome of all time, the Led Zeppelin screamer Hammer of the Gods — was living with his family in Malibu and working on a book about Fleetwood Mac when his agent called and offered him a plum gig: ghostwriting Michael Jackson’s autobiography. That book, Moon Walk, became a #1 NY Times Bestseller, and broke the news of Michael’s accusations that he’d been abused by his father.

What are you memories of working on Moon Walk?

I was in California, and I was working on a book with Fleetwood Mac at the time. And my agent called me up and said that Jacqueline Kennedy Onasis had hired Michael Jackson to write his autobiography and was having trouble — they’d assigned a couple of writers already, and Michael either didn’t like them or, well, I don’t know what happened. I was the third writer on the project. And I had some of their previous transcripts, and they weren’t very good. And I’d been interviewing Mick Fleetwood a lot and living with my family in Malibu and they said, “Well, we’d like you to go over and have an audience with Michael Jackson and see if he likes you, and the deadline is approaching.” So I went there to his house in Encino, California. And the zoo was there, and the candy store and all this stuff.
Old 07-31-2010, 01:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Guild Bass Strings Ad from 1979:
http://www.guitarflashback.com/2010/...-bass-strings/

Let out your bass instincts. Guild bass strings can help. Guild electric bass strings uncover the bass player. You can hear what you’re doing, and get into the feel of the music…Guild Round Bass strings deliver solid punch in any of four gauges…Guild Flat Bass, also in four guages, are smooth on the fingers and on the ears…Guild Bround Bass combine the sound of round wounds with the feel of flat wounds…That’s why great bass players like John McVie of Fleetwood Mac use Guild bass strings. Guilds help you make your presence felt and heard. Buy a set for your bass; the improvement will be clear.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg guild.jpg (96.8 KB, 6 views)