The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-06-2003, 12:37 PM
Ledgie

Default I think the band found out or the heat is on!

This is the latest fan club e-mail. My take on the LB video is that the band has been brought up to speed on the bogusness of the fan club, but I will let you all analyze it yourselves...

Inside this Newsletter:

* Video Greeting from Lindsey
* Win 2 Tix to the Mac Contest - Entry Reminder!
* Tour Report May 29-June 2

Riddle: Q: What do Fleetwood Mac and Boise, ID have in common?
A: We'll send you the answer tomorrow!

LINDSEY! A video greeting from Lindsey is coming!!!! Lindsey took a
few
moments to say HI to the Fan Club Members! The footage is being
brought to
us by courier and we'll post it for you within days!

Reminder - Don't forget to enter for 2 Free Tickets to a Fleetwood Mac
concert! See entry details at the club site at the INSIDER NEWS
section.
The link right to news is:
http://www.fleetwoodmac.com/members/insider_news.htm
Deadline for entry is This coming Sunday!

Tour Report for Fan Club Members

May 29th
It was a day off in Atlanta. The band enjoyed a peaceful day at the
hotel,
taking in the hotel amenities of pool, sundeck, and gym.

May 30th
A day for checking out the sights, the Band took in the town. Mick's
daughter Amy from Los Angeles was visiting, and so Mick, Carl, and
Jamie
took Amy to Little Five Points. They did some shopping and Mick bought
some books. According to the website www.LFP.com, Little Five Points
is "a
business community, a neighborhood, and inarguably the coolest spot on
the
map between Greenwich Village and the French Quarter." Mick then took
his
daughter to Lennox Square Mall where they walked around and perused the
stores. Mick and Amy had a quiet "Father/Daughter" dinner at the
Hotel.

May 31st
It was a quiet morning in the hotel, before the band boarded their
private
727 headed for Nashville. The band was greeted by many family and
friends
in Nashville, including former Fleetwood Mac Guitarist, Bob Welch. The
band spent some time with Bob, reminiscing about old days, and talked
about
what is going on in Nashville. The sold out Gaylord Entertainment
Center
witnessed the liveliest show so far on this tour. The band was on
fire!
There were lots of music people in attendance, and their enthusiasm,
support and the whole vibe inspired the band to dig even deeper
artistically. They just dazzled the crowd. Bob Welch and Walter Eagan
greeted the band after the show. Radio contest winners also
congratulated
the band on a fabulous show. The band returned to the airport, and
flew
back to Atlanta.

June 1st
Another show day. The band enjoyed a quiet morning in the hotel prior
to
traveling to the airport for their flight to Greenville, SC. The sold
out
BiLo Center hosted an incredibly rowdy, young crowd. It was a great
show.
While demonstrating his passion for the guitar, Lindsey stepped down
onto
the monitors during "Go Your Own Way", and at times the fans were
strumming
his strings with him. Stevie did her signature twirls, and to the
crowd's
delight she really let go on "Stand Back". Some of the crew commented
that
they felt John McVie played the best bass of his life at this show. As
the
eldest statesman of the band, John has great vigor and energy for the
tour.

Radio station personalities and contest winners had an opportunity to
meet
the band after the show. Back to Atlanta on the private 727. (By the
way,
if you haven't seen the Club photos of the plane's interior, visit the
club
photo section inside the Fan Club, and click on the upper right pearl!)

June 2nd
A day off. The band took some well needed down time. Lindsey rested
and
read in his room, Stevie laid low, and Mick cruised the town with his
daughter. Mick and Amy visited Virginia Highlands, billed as
"Atlanta's
most popular neighborhood for shopping dinning and nightlight." Mick
was
seen purchasing antiques and in a local music store, where he was
buying
CD's, Mick signed autographs for fans. For more information on the
Virginia Highlands, go to www.virginiahighland.com. The day's sunshine
still allowed some time by the pool.

That evening the Band percussionist, Taku Hirano and his wife, TV host
personality Arthel Neville hosted a party at their home. Lindsey,
John,
Mick, band management and personnel enjoyed an engaging, entertaining
evening.

NEW TOUR MERCH BEING ADDED SOON:
The tour merch company is working on new merchandise. Look for
additions
in the Member-Only store during the coming weeks. We'll announce new
items
in a mail to everyone as soon as they go up. Visit the store directly
by
going to: www.FleetwoodMac.com/clubmerch.htm

More Soon . . .
Old 06-06-2003, 12:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

So your take is they are releasing the video to make it seem more official? (what it's supposed to be)

Im not sure the message indicates they know what's going on w/the fan club fiasco & the bannings / censorship, but thats just my $0.02...

Im alone now, with my thoughts...
Old 06-06-2003, 12:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by gypsysara
Im not sure the message indicates they know what's going on w/the fan club fiasco & the bannings / censorship, but thats just my $0.02...

I agree. My first impression is that they are doing everything that they can scrambling around trying to find things to put on the site to make it more official. Sorry but a video of Lindsey does not cut it..we have tons of more intimate things from him just from the concerts and heck even the people magazing article with his daughter.... OH!!!! and I did ask them about the Membership cards...and my reply was so funny. JT said that it was stated in the beginning through a poll that people would rather pay a lower cost to join if there was not paper involved as it would be costly to mail these out to people in the US and overseas. I had a great big laugh over this one..... Does anyone remember a poll?

Tamara

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." --Eleanor Roosevelt

"Maybe now he could prove to her... That he could be good for her... And they should be together.." --SN
Old 06-06-2003, 01:09 PM
Senior Ledgie

Smile

VH1 just had a show on at 12pm today about some guy who gets onto the red carpet and into parties and how he accomplishes this. I think this is a re-run.

Anyway, at the end of the show, there is a disclaimer at the bottom of the tv screen that says:

This man is a professional. Do not try this yourself. If you wish to have contact with your favorite celebrities, get it through memorabilia or JOIN A FAN CLUB.

Sounds so simple doesn't it?

susieq
Old 06-06-2003, 01:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default The odds are

the "courier" will be kidnapped by aliens on his way to the fanclub headquarters and we will never see the alleged video.

I don't believe a word that man says.
Old 06-06-2003, 02:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by tamaraluvsFM
JT said that it was stated in the beginning through a poll that people would rather pay a lower cost to join if there was not paper involved as it would be costly to mail these out to people in the US and overseas. I had a great big laugh over this one..... Does anyone remember a poll?
Tamara
You're being unfair. It's quite possible that he polled his wife, accountant, and dog about the issue.

- Jake
Old 06-06-2003, 03:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yeah, I agree with everyone about this not being a band in the know, but, rather, a fan club manager getting in the know. He has screwed the fans and he knows it and since he has sanitized the website, he is now building what should have been there in February. He is covering his ass, in other words. He just cannot change history, and frankly, I think you guys can pat yourselves on the back for this seemingly positive change. Without your voices, nothing would have changed. Like I said before, a few will raise cain, and all will benefit.
Old 06-06-2003, 05:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Lightbulb I AM LMAO!!

I entered the "tell us what we are doing WRONG" contest and told them they needed more LINDSEY, STEVIE and JOHN videos...looks like they MAY have actually read my email contest entry.

I told them I was disappointed that they didn't offer a tee shirt (FREE!!), or an autographed photo, keychain, SOMETHING TANGIBLE for 60 bucks....I basically complained.

Think I'll win the tickets?

Old 06-06-2003, 10:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: I AM LMAO!!

Quote:
Originally posted by wondergirl9847

Think I'll win the tickets?

That's pretty much why I probably won't even bother. You know they're going to just through out the people who say the fan club sucks, and it's a shame we can't prove that. But, why else would they want to know what they're doing wrong? People here have told them time and time again what they're doing wrong and they still don't seem to care. By the way, does it SPECIFY where these free seats are located in the arena? I'd hate to enter, win, and travel to some far away place (as the northeast will pretty much be done by then) just to have last row seats.
Old 06-06-2003, 11:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by darklinensuit
You're being unfair. It's quite possible that he polled his wife, accountant, and dog about the issue.
LOL! Your too funny Jake!

Oh and in regards winning this ticket. I seriously doubt also that this ticket will be in a section where the person actually feels like they won something. I can only imagine as we knew how we felt when we got the BEST 20% of the venue seats..hahaahahaha...
so If I am wrong and whoever wins gets right up front, then I will kiss the ground JT walks on.....hey is it hot down below?

Tamara

"Maybe now he could prove to her... That he could be good for her... And they should be together.." --SN
Old 06-07-2003, 12:09 AM
Ledgie

This is nothing more than a cover his ass scheme. He wants to be able to have something from the thousands of happy fans to show all credit card companies that are denying payments. As he stated to mine he has emails from thousands of happy fan club members. Another one of his lies, so hum.....how long did it take him to brain storm this idea up. Offer free tickets to members in exchange for them emailing us something good about the fan club. In other words email him a pack of lies for a chance to win tickets. I'd rather pay $200.00 a seat to see Fleetwood Mac than lie for him. OK-LANDSLIDE

Old 06-07-2003, 06:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by tamaraluvsFM
I agree. My first impression is that they are doing everything that they can scrambling around trying to find things to put on the site to make it more official. Sorry but a video of Lindsey does not cut it..we have tons of more intimate things from him just from the concerts and heck even the people magazing article with his daughter.... OH!!!! and I did ask them about the Membership cards...and my reply was so funny. JT said that it was stated in the beginning through a poll that people would rather pay a lower cost to join if there was not paper involved as it would be costly to mail these out to people in the US and overseas. I had a great big laugh over this one..... Does anyone remember a poll?

Tamara
Actually, they did ask us to post on a thread over on that board regarding this when that board first got up and running. The majority of people did say they wouldn't want a membership card if the dues stayed lower.
Old 06-07-2003, 06:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Thumbs down Um, yeah...

I had a membership card in a fan club once...it was New Kids on the Block and I was 13 years old!!

GEEZ...who cares about a stupid card with a number of it (OMG, I'm number 6!!!!!!! Ah, crap, I'm number 81.) saying you belong to the club, I think they could have sprung for a free shirt (even if it was WHITE!!) or a keychain that could be mass produced for like a hundred bucks or something.

I mean..COME ON...JT should have done research on OTHER fan clubs if he wanted to see what kind of things to do...
Old 06-08-2003, 07:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Um, yeah...

Quote:
Originally posted by wondergirl9847
GEEZ...who cares about a stupid card with a number of it (OMG, I'm number 6!!!!!!! Ah, crap, I'm number 81.) saying you belong to the club, I think they could have sprung for a free shirt (even if it was WHITE!!) or a keychain that could be mass produced for like a hundred bucks or something.
The membership card question was brought up to him in regards to a legal issue regarding another thread, as to how they implied that everyone was receiving these.
I frankly would be very happy with a great new photo or yes a keychain even. Its just the fact that we are getting Second Hand News for $60.

Tamara

Old 06-08-2003, 08:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The issue of membership cards is being discussed for a valid reason. It isn't about the few fans on the messge board saying they didn't want a card, so he didn't give them out. The reason membership cards are an issue now, is because Jonathan Todd claims that members got cards. This is not true, so why is he saying there's a card?

He said so in information provided to one member's credit card company. He disputes the reversal of club charges by this fan, who is disputing charges because she couldn't buy seats after her password was stolen before the sale, and her limit to purchase tickets was exceeded by the thief. The passwords were compromised by Todd's unsecure use of our usernames as passwords. He ignored complaints from people like me who told him this method would lead to theft of member passwords at ticketmaster.com and tickets.com.

Now he's disputing someones request for a refund and he's providing the excuses that we got other benefits like membership cards in return for our fees. This is a lie. Anyone who's gotten a membership card should post it here so we can all see what one looks like. I'm sure the only one that exists is the one Todd made to send the credit card companies. Too bad we never got one. Even sending them out after the fact doesn't change the issues of fraud, misrepresentation, and non delivery of goods or services which many fans experienced, and are using as the basis for getting refunds from their credit cards.