The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-04-2003, 10:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm bringing this over from another thread incase people needing help missed it there.

Quote:
Originally posted by Gypsy-Rhiannon
Yeah but as the emails are going to him and not on the board people will never know about negative ones.
Not exactly, Pip. An online group formed the very day of the first ticket sale, before alot of the board was purged, with dozens of people saving most everything that was there before the delete party began. Now that she's asking for help and we know he is contesting the charge backs, there are dozens of people who can help get her the proof she needs. It'll just take a bit more time in her case.

Anyone else needing documentation for credit card reversals being disputed by the fan club, please post an email addy in the thread called FAN CLUB UPDATE. I'm sure the folks with the paper trail will help if they see your message. Not many people have mentioned needing help so far. Most have had no problem with their credit co., or they decided to give up. If you want to fight it, please post. Other fans will give you all the help you need. Many don't visit this site daily, but we can keep this thread bumped to the top if a lot of people are in need of help. Just ask.
Old 06-04-2003, 10:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by glitter_fades
OK-LANDSLIDE is the last person he should have messed with on a challange. She's the one who bought seats right up front just a few days before the show. The tickets are labled FAN CLUB right on them.

GIRL, I HOPE YOU SAVED THE TICKETS ALONG WITH A DATED RECEIPT SHOWING WHEN YOU PURCHASED THEM WAS LONG AFTER THE FAN CLUB PRE-SALE in which you were originally ripped off.

You have it nailed, probably better than most, to show that there was behind the scenes manipulation of FAN CLUB SEATS. If the employees at the venue will back you up, in writing, then this will open a can of worms that he never should have opened. Bad move he's made here.
Tammy....please copy/scan your tickets before you use them showing that they are fan club tickets, and send me copies of them along with your ebay confirmation where you bought them. Also, the email from the venue confirming that there were never any seats like promised. Please do that asap

Last edited by seeknpeace; 06-04-2003 at 10:54 AM..
Old 06-04-2003, 11:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart

I just want to lend a note of encouragement to you OK-LANDSLIDE! I wish you the best in resolving this nightmare, Im stunned (but not surprised) JT would stoop so low. Low is his middle name though.

Im alone now, with my thoughts...
Old 06-04-2003, 11:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by gypsysara
I just want to lend a note of encouragement to you OK-LANDSLIDE! I wish you the best in resolving this nightmare, Im stunned (but not surprised) JT would stoop so low. Low is his middle name though.
I can't believe that he keeps digging himself evern deeper into the ****! What a plonker!

We are all behind you OK-Landslide

Pip
Old 06-04-2003, 11:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Gypsy-Rhiannon
What a plonker!

I dont know what a Plonker is - but it sure sounds like it would fit JT!

Old 06-04-2003, 11:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by gypsysara

I dont know what a Plonker is - but it sure sounds like it would fit JT!

Hehehe..... Plonker is along the same lines was pillock, wazzock, pratt etc..... LOL!

If you ever get the UK show Only Fools and Horses over there you will hear the word Plonker used quite often!

Pip
Old 06-04-2003, 11:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default a person in the friends circle has been notified

about this whole sorry mess

Last edited by highpriestess53; 06-04-2003 at 12:11 PM..
Old 06-04-2003, 01:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: a person in the friends circle has been notified

?? In the "Friends circle" of whom? of the bands? That would be good news... elaborate if you can.

Pip, I love your english humor. ALL of the Uk-Fireflies, I love reading your lingo! (Im LMAO, I have NO idea what the other words were too, but again, they all seem to apply to JT)

Old 06-04-2003, 01:53 PM
Ledgie

Thumbs down Fan Club Fiasco

I finally got on line I hope kathy and others have been getting my emails. I have now called fan club and left 7-8 messages today. I am not going to stop until somebody talks to me. I want them to let me hear the lies out of their mouths. OK-LANDSLIDE

Old 06-04-2003, 02:13 PM
Junior Ledgie

Default Re: a person in the friends circle has been notified

Quote:
Originally posted by highpriestess53
a person in the friends circle has been notified about this whole sorry mess
I sure do *HOPE* that you mean that someone in either Stevie's or Lindsey's circle of friends has been alerted.

I managed to stay out of the whole Fan Club mess by learning from other people's misfortunes, but I feel like I'm watching a train wreck in slow motion.

This could be *really* bad for the band, in terms of personal liability. Once criminal and/or civil charges get filed, there will be tons of lawyers to pay.

Another thing that the band members should be aware of: if the civil charges are substantiated, then there could be punitive damages in the millions of dollars. (Remember -- that's how Nicole Brown's family finally managed to get OJ, after the criminal court had already acquitted him.)

While Jonathan Todd would be the one who *should* pay them, the band's pockets could be emptied too -- after all, JT could conceivably claim that he was merely their employee and that they condoned what he was doing. The burden of proof would be on the band to prove that they had no idea......

If you really are in the bands' circle, BEG them to do the right thing here -- not just for their own families, but for their long-time fans who've been burned and saddened and repelled by this fiasco.

stephmoore
Old 06-04-2003, 02:29 PM
Ledgie

Heart LAWSUIT !! NOT ME

I LOVE STEVIE NICKS, MY DAUGHTERS NAMED AFTER HER. I JUST WANT THIS TODD GUY OUT OF THE PICTURE. HE IS HURTING THE BANDS REP. IF HE WOULDN'T OF DENIED ME MY MONEY BACK I PROBABLY WOULD HAVE KEPT QUITE DROPPED THE WHOLE DAMN THING. HE JUST DOESN'T NO WHEN TO SHUT THE HELL UP WITH HIS LIES. OK-LANDSLIDE I DIDN'T WANT TO BELIEVE OKC NEVER HAD ANY FAN CLUB SEATS WORTH A DAMN SET ASIDE. SEEN IT WITH MY OWN EYES, AND WAS TOLD BEST SEATS FOR OKC WERE RELEASED IN THE LAST WEEK.

Old 06-04-2003, 02:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think everyone would like to leave lawsuits out of the equasion. We're just fans who want to be treated fairly, equally and honestly.

Hang in there OK-Landslide! Post here if you need to vent!

Old 06-04-2003, 03:00 PM

Default Re: Re: a person in the friends circle has been notified

Quote:
Originally posted by stephmoore
Another thing that the band members should be aware of: if the civil charges are substantiated, then there could be punitive damages in the millions of dollars. (Remember -- that's how Nicole Brown's family finally managed to get OJ, after the criminal court had already acquitted him.)

You weren't serious with that comparison, were you?
Old 06-04-2003, 04:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Re: Re: a person in the friends circle has been notified

Quote:
Originally posted by CarneVaca

Not sure, but, I took her to mean that when you are sued, the actual damages are not where you typically get your big payout...it is the punitive side so that it will help to prevent others from doing it and the person who did it will think twice before he does it again. That is how I took it, cause there is no comparison between the two crimes.
Old 06-04-2003, 04:30 PM
Junior Ledgie

Default Re: Re: Re: a person in the friends circle has been notified

Quote:
Originally posted by CarneVaca

Well, I suppose it depends on what you mean by "serious."

Do I think that what is going on with the fan club is as serious as a man murdering his wife and an innocent bystander in cold blood? Of course not!

My point was that sometimes, when the criminal justice system fails, the only recourse is to use the civil justice system. That is what Nicole Simpson's family had to do after the criminal courts failed them. The civil system lawsuit was the only way for Nicole's family to achieve some small measure of "justice" for the loss and pain they incurred.... not that any amount of money will *ever* be an adequate substitute for someone you love.

Do I advocate folks sic'ing lawyers on the members of Fleetwood Mac, a band that I've been a hardcore fan of since 1982? Of course not!

I just can't understand how they can be blind to this situation with the fan club. And my fear is that the longer it goes on, unchecked and out of control, the more *likely* it will be to end up in court. And if it does end up in court, that will quite possibly be the end of Fleetwood Mac, period. I don't want to see that happen.

And now I'm going to hop down off my soapbox and go back to work!

stephmoore