User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-06-2003, 02:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by WindingRoad
Just to let you know, I have no problem with how that thread progressed. I wanted to express something that had been on my mind for several days. I did. I said it politely and had no expectations concerning the response I would get.

I did not continue the thread because there was so little response to it. To me, this means that most people don't feel as I do. Ok, I can live with that. I don't need to be right. I don't need to convince anybody that they should agree with me. If people agree, great. If they don't, that's ok too.

BUT AT NO TIME did I feel "bulleyed" or what was the other thing? "intimidated into silence or submission" or something like that. I simply moved on.

I've been a Ledgie since 2000. Had to change my ID because of server incompatability, but still stayed with this board. If I had ever felt that people were bulleyed here, I wouldn't have re-registered.

In the last few years, I've seen lots of people come and go. It happens on every message board I belong to. People who stir up trouble eventually leave. Usually as soon as you ignore them.

I can wait them out.

susieq
Thank you for sharing that Susieq. I have been a ledgie for a long time, but, this issue has gotten me more involved. I have never really been invovled with the boards, only to read them, but, I have a lot of friends on here and have made more and I would never in a million years want to make anyone feel bullied, even though I know I am hard nosed sometimes. Most of the time, I really try to focus on who I am angry with, and we all know who that is...haha.

I appreciated you bringing that view and opinion to our attention. It is not fair for one thing to take so much space, especially in this wonderful, exciting tour time. But, I also don't want it forgotten and put aside, so it is hard to maintain a balance. I am really glad that you did not feel intimidated or bullied. I enjoy reading your posts and I know that you are a nice person. Thank you so much for sharing that..
Old 06-06-2003, 02:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Im glad your more involved too Peace!

Im alone now, with my thoughts...
Old 06-06-2003, 02:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by David
As usual, I agree with Tommer.

You've got no business deleting entire threads on a silly whim.
I also agree with Tommer and I am disappointed the thread was deleted.
-Sonia
"So I close my eyes softly... till I become that part of the wind that we all long for sometimes. And to those that I love like a ghost through a fog, like a charmed hour and a haunted song, and the angel... of my dreams"

"All alone we suffer. Oh, to steal your heart away."
Old 06-06-2003, 03:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by gypsysara
Im glad your more involved too Peace!
TY Stephanie...I have always been around, but, not vocal. It is so wonderful to "meet" so many great mac fans here..
Old 06-08-2003, 08:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by seeknpeace
Thank you for sharing that Susieq. I have been a ledgie for a long time, but, this issue has gotten me more involved. I have never really been invovled with the boards, only to read them, but, I have a lot of friends on here and have made more and I would never in a million years want to make anyone feel bullied, even though I know I am hard nosed sometimes. Most of the time, I really try to focus on who I am angry with, and we all know who that is...haha.

I appreciated you bringing that view and opinion to our attention. It is not fair for one thing to take so much space, especially in this wonderful, exciting tour time. But, I also don't want it forgotten and put aside, so it is hard to maintain a balance. I am really glad that you did not feel intimidated or bullied. I enjoy reading your posts and I know that you are a nice person. Thank you so much for sharing that..
Yes, susieq, thanks for letting us know your concerns. I hadn't thought about the bandwidth, as I said in your thread. Im glad you didn't feel intimidated and silenced in any way, since nothing of the kind was intended. No matter how hardline some of us seem about the issues surrounding the fan club, most fans concerned about the fan club are not unreasonable nor closed minded. We might sound like a broken record from time to time (a little annoying) but this forum is a place we've found welcome in keeping the important issues up for discussion. I hope people sick of hearing about it notice we're keeping the new threads down this weekend. Now and then the topic gets a rest...lol!...until the next BIG LIE about the fan club comes to light and needs to be discussed. I promise I'll try to keep my rants down to the bare minimum if nothing new comes along to warrant discussion.

I, too, was mostly a lurker here, but I've been registered since 2001. It was only after the fan club fiasco and getting unjustly banned from Mick's board that I decided to become more vocal. I began posting on the topic to help others deal with it more than for myself. As I've said before, I got my satisfaction from the fan club. They granted me a refund. I'm only keeping the topic going so others see it is not a lost cause seeking redress if you believe you are owed more than a mailbox full of useless emails and some lousy internet pictues in return for your $60 membership fee.

Last edited by glitter_fades; 06-08-2003 at 08:31 PM..