User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-04-2003, 05:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation

This is JMHO OK and I know it won't be popular but just chucking it in.

I love the MUSIC that the members of FM put out, I have no personal feelings about them as I don't know them.

Now, this will get a laugh but SERIOUSLY, just say Stevie (or Lindsey, Mick or any of 'em) killed someone (and meant to etc.). Would "you" (collective) want to see her/them walk off scot free just because you/we are her/their fans (I mean besides them murdering JT) ?

If they are so innocent then they shouldn't have trouble "proving that" even though the idea is "innocent until PROVEN GUILTY" (I know, it doesn't always work that way but...)

If they do know/are guilty then they should be accountable for their actions and shouldn't be above the law. It would be a sad end to the band I agree, but it would not be just if it was to continue if (they) were guilty, IMO.

The ironic thing here is BECAUSE they are high profile "stars" they'd probably just get fined or some community service TOPS but this is all assuming "we" have the kind of money they have for wall to wall lawyers (as said above by someone) which we probably don't (I could be wrong though) and as not many (it would seem) want to press charges/go the civil way (whatever, I fully admit, I'm not up on all the legal stuff) about all of this anyways, whichever way you slice it, they're hardly headed up to L.A. County Jail.

Anyways, just some thoughts about how "I" don't think any one should be above the law even though as I say, I know it doesn't always come out that way unfortunately. Carry on though, just my 2 cents.

John

Last edited by wetcamelfood; 06-04-2003 at 06:05 PM..
Old 06-04-2003, 06:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

(speaking from the "collective me") - I agree, I wouldnt want anyone to get away with murder. Even if Stevie, or other celebs I like were to do that... no one, IMO, is above the law.

I would think any lawsuits that would arise out of this would be aimed towards JT and not FM, even though I suppose via legalities, its the same since they contracted / hired JT.

I just hope it doesnt come to that, ever.

Im alone now, with my thoughts...
Old 06-04-2003, 06:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, John, I totally agree with you. I hope that we reach some kind of understanding or agreement and that it doesn't go that far, but, you gotta know that it has been looked into. Just the last thing I personally want to do.

I think that they are responsible for whoever their hire or give their name to as well. They are not children and if they are so out of tune with what is going on in their business life, this may be the wakeup call that they need. JMO too..
Old 06-04-2003, 06:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by gypsysara
(speaking from the "collective me") - I agree, I wouldnt want anyone to get away with murder. Even if Stevie, or other celebs I like were to do that... no one, IMO, is above the law.

I would think any lawsuits that would arise out of this would be aimed towards JT and not FM, even though I suppose via legalities, its the same since they contracted / hired JT.

I just hope it doesnt come to that, ever.
Me too Stephanie...it makes me really sad and that is another reason that I am fighting so hard, so that is not all that is left for us to do. The thing is that if they know, they are wrong to the ultimate to hope that we will just go away, cause I think that is not going to happen, I know it won't for me. And there are 380 other ppl who have already put their names on the petition, granted not all are members of the club, but a large majority are judging from their comments. So there are a lot of upset ppl. And, FM is responsible for what JT does in their names...
Old 06-05-2003, 08:29 AM

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: a person in the friends circle has been notified

Quote:
Originally posted by seeknpeace
Not sure, but, I took her to mean that when you are sued, the actual damages are not where you typically get your big payout...it is the punitive side so that it will help to prevent others from doing it and the person who did it will think twice before he does it again. That is how I took it, cause there is no comparison between the two crimes.
OJ was not convicted of a crime. Nor was Jonathan Todd... at least so far in relation to the fan club.
Old 06-05-2003, 08:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: a person in the friends circle has been notified

Quote:
Originally posted by CarneVaca
OJ was not convicted of a crime. Nor was Jonathan Todd... at least so far in relation to the fan club.
The operative word here would be YET. OKay...???
Old 06-05-2003, 08:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: a person in the friends circle has been notified

Quote:
Oh, and as for these types of lawsuits the sued parties do not have to be convicted of a crime. For the records, I used the term crime as IMO there have been crimes committed by BOTH individuals.
Old 06-05-2003, 09:26 AM

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: a person in the friends circle has been notified

Quote:
Originally posted by seeknpeace
Oh, and as for these types of lawsuits the sued parties do not have to be convicted of a crime. For the records, I used the term crime as IMO there have been crimes committed by BOTH individuals.
Then the crimes are alleged.
Old 06-05-2003, 09:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: a person in the friends circle has been notified

Quote:
SO? I said imo... Are you the defense attorney for both parties?
Old 06-05-2003, 11:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: a person in the friends circle has been notified

Quote:
If the glove dont fit, you must acquit.

Im alone now, with my thoughts...