Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-01-2016, 10:06 AM
Ledgie

Default Lindsey's Mirage Songs

Hello, hello. This is actually my first ever post in The Ledge, so you are witnessing great history right now.

Any who, I was curious as to what you guys thoughts were on Lindsey's Mirage songs. I've read on many reviews that these songs are considered some of his weakest, so I'm curious on what you think. Do you think they're weak, and what is your favorite and least favorite of the bunch?
Old 10-01-2016, 10:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleetwood Jack View Post
Hello, hello. This is actually my first ever post in The Ledge, so you are witnessing great history right now.

Any who, I was curious as to what you guys thoughts were on Lindsey's Mirage songs. I've read on many reviews that these songs are considered some of his weakest, so I'm curious on what you think. Do you think they're weak, and what is your favorite and least favorite of the bunch?
yay, we have a new board member and your first post is in Lindsey forum!!
welcome!

about your question - are you asking about his original Mirage songs, or these alternate versions that just came out?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 10-01-2016, 10:50 AM
Ledgie

Thank you, thank you!

I meant the original songs on the album. But, if you feel like commenting on the demos and alternate versions that would be cool.
Old 10-01-2016, 01:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Fleetwood Jack is a great name!

I love Eyes of the World and Book of Love, like Can't Go Back, tolerate Empire State, and hate Oh Diane. That song always makes me think Lindsey is trying to sound like Christine!

As for being his weakest songs, yeah, they might be, compared to Tusk, Rumours, and the white album. I might say the same thing about Christine, when compared to Tango and Behind the Mask. But even a weak Lindsey or Christine song is music to my ears.

How about you, Jack?
Old 10-01-2016, 01:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think they are just alright. He was kind of forced to play the kind of more mainstream stuff for his album to my understanding. They were trying to emulate Rumors and he's more into trying new things it seems like. Also, welcome to the Ledge and glad to have you in the Lindsey section haha.
Old 10-01-2016, 04:36 PM
Ledgie

Thank you for the compliment on my name. I thought it sounded pretty good myself.

As for my thoughts, weeelllll.

Can't Go Back and Eyes Of The World-To me these are the best of the bunch. I think the lyrics and instrumentation are quite good.

Book Of Love-I don't know about this one. I think it's sort of funny how hammy Lindsey's voice sounds on this one. But, it's probably my least favorite off of Mirage.

Empire State-I used to find this one O.K., O.K. I say! But I love the demo of it, mainly because it sounds like how it would have been if it were on Law and Order.

Oh Diane-O.K., hear me out. I love this song. Don't shoot! I just love how cheesy and cornball it sounds, especially with the simplistic lyrics and the "woah-oh Diane"s. I just think it's a fun song, that doesn't over stay it's welcome. It makes for a good song for drunk karaoke though I'll tell you that.

I probably just lost my Ledge membership with admitting my love of Oh Diane.