User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-15-2012, 10:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeInNV View Post
We get Rhiannon, Gold Dust Woman, and Landslide whenever Stevie steps on stage. Why not see her solo and also get Moonlight, Annabel Lee, and For What It's Worth instead of seeing Fleetwood Mac and getting only the staples? And couldn't you make a similar argument for Lindsey?
Two words: John McVie.
Old 03-15-2012, 10:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by windbecame View Post
as in unedited Sara...it's a song that stevie wrote was at least hoping for a laugh from ya
admit it, now you are just trying to stir up more sh*t. (i always skip sara. have no idea what the words are in either version... windddddddbecame or not)

Last edited by elle; 03-15-2012 at 10:42 PM..
Old 03-15-2012, 10:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Judging from all the bickering we all either are under-sexed or just ready for a fight
Old 03-15-2012, 10:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikephxaz View Post
Judging from all the bickering we all either are under-sexed or just ready for a fight
not enough sleep.
Old 03-15-2012, 11:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
not enough sleep.
Speak for yourself!!!!! I'm under~sexed!!
Old 03-15-2012, 11:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs down Please

Quote:
She holds the power and she no longer needs to babysit Lindsey and his ego.
This is the kind of tripe that I laugh at. "Babysitting" Lindsey and his ego? So Lindsey can't go out independently- as he has done MANY TIMES over and over and over again- without Stevie watching over him? I guess he has to call her for advice on his next album or for her input on his next songs? Honestly, can you actually justify some of the things you all say to slam Lindsey? It's obvious some of you- not all of course- have something against him for whatever reason and that is your prerogative. But you really ought to consider the things you say. The above is absolutely false. Babysitting Lindsey and his ego. Lindsey OWNS the stage when he is on it and he is mesmerizing. Not to slight Stevie because she has star power for sure, but you have no right to diminish what Lindsey has and sum his amazing talent to "ego" and nothing more.

Have you any clue the amount of greatness this man has done WITHOUT any input whatsoever from Stevie? Probably not, because it's all Stevie stars in your eyes. Anyone else, especially Lindsey, is just a side man. And that's too bad.

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL
Old 03-15-2012, 11:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
This is the kind of tripe that I laugh at. "Babysitting" Lindsey and his ego? So Lindsey can't go out independently- as he has done MANY TIMES over and over and over again- without Stevie watching over him? I guess he has to call her for advice on his next album or for her input on his next songs? Honestly, can you actually justify some of the things you all say to slam Lindsey? It's obvious some of you- not all of course- have something against him for whatever reason and that is your prerogative. But you really ought to consider the things you say. The above is absolutely false. Babysitting Lindsey and his ego. Lindsey OWNS the stage when he is on it and he is mesmerizing. Not to slight Stevie because she has star power for sure, but you have no right to diminish what Lindsey has and sum his amazing talent to "ego" and nothing more.

Have you any clue the amount of greatness this man has done WITHOUT any input whatsoever from Stevie? Probably not, because it's all Stevie stars in your eyes. Anyone else, especially Lindsey, is just a side man. And that's too bad.
Not enuff sleep or Under-sexed? Jk. Lindsey is a true talent and has given shape to most of Stevie's great songs but if you don't think that man has ego issues then you have drank the Kool Aid
Old 03-16-2012, 12:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Not enuff sleep or Under-sexed? Jk. Lindsey is a true talent and has given shape to most of Stevie's great songs but if you don't think that man has ego issues then you have drank the Kool Aid
Your first sentence was hilariously incorrect, thank you. I just plainly do not agree with this "babysitting Lindsey's ego" stuff and I will speak up for it. I know very well he has an ego. Stevie does as well. Anyone who is in show business for a long enough time and had to endure highs and lows has one. But people use this far too much with Lindsey. You are not being balanced whatsoever. It's like you're basically saying: Stevie did him a favor by making the album and supporting it and performing live. She made sacrifices for him, the ego-maniac who totally depends on HER to stroke his ego. And that is false. Lindsey forges ahead with or without Stevie time and time again. And he does a bloody AMAZING job at that.

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL
Old 03-16-2012, 12:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
It's not like Fleetwood Mac is keeping her from an income. However, the opposite is possibly true. Mick's not taking Fleetwood Mac on the road because she doesn't want to? Hell with her...make an album & go on the road with just the guys.
Steve -- you've been a fan longer than many of us. Don't you think that if Mick really wanted to tour as Fleetwood Mac, he'd find a way? I'd even wager that if he proposed a "just the guys" tour at this moment in time, Stevie'd give them her blessing! It's Mick who insists that Fleetwood Mac is now "Stevie & Lindsey Or Bust." If you're gonna be ticked at anyone, be ticked at him.

Personally, I think Stevie should do whatever the hell she wants to. She's more than earned the right, and she shouldn't be held responsible for her band-mates' livelihood. They're all adults with skills of their own -- they should be able to survive without her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
It'd probably be a whole lot more fun without the PBFH pouting & throwing tantrums.
Wait, are we still talking about Stevie here or Lindsey?
Old 03-16-2012, 12:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Your first sentence was hilariously incorrect, thank you. I just plainly do not agree with this "babysitting Lindsey's ego" stuff and I will speak up for it. I know very well he has an ego. Stevie does as well. Anyone who is in show business for a long enough time and had to endure highs and lows has one. But people use this far too much with Lindsey. You are not being balanced whatsoever. It's like you're basically saying: Stevie did him a favor by making the album and supporting it and performing live. She made sacrifices for him, the ego-maniac who totally depends on HER to stroke his ego. And that is false. Lindsey forges ahead with or without Stevie time and time again. And he does a bloody AMAZING job at that.
I respect Lindsey but I love my Stevie. Without over stating it I just feel that Stevie needed Lindsey like Lindsey needed Stevie for different reasons but that was a double edged sword. As Lindsey has stated many many times that sometimes he resented helping Stevie with her music. Well, as a producer that is his job. I think some of her music was adversely effected by his producing. And lastly (and this is solely my opinion)-i feel that there is an arrogance to his experimental techniques on many of the fleetwood Mac albums. I think it started with Tusk and it peaked with albums like Tango in the night (family man)...the music sacrificed due to his indulgence. Imo Say You Will is a great album but once again Lindsey was a mad man in the studio.
Again this is solely my opinion..But Fleetwood Mac is better than Family Man and Diane and Come and Welcome to room Sara and etc

Btw I'm glad you're getting a lot of sex and sleep!!
Old 03-16-2012, 03:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew View Post
Personally, I think Stevie should do whatever the hell she wants to. She's more than earned the right, and she shouldn't be held responsible for her band-mates' livelihood. They're all adults with skills of their own -- they should be able to survive without her.
Agree 100%.

And if I hear the sexist garbage that those three men need money more than Stevie does because they have families to support, I think I'll vomit. Every one of those people in Rumours FM is very wealthy by any normal standard, and unless their offspring eat gold for breakfast and pearls for lunch, they do not want for anything.
Old 03-16-2012, 07:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Come on let's be honest here, Fleetwood Mac has stagnated since 1995. I have no problem with Stevie moving on, like 13 members before her. What I don't understand is why FM don't bring in some new blood or do a tour with the three of them plus perhaps a few special guests. Sure so Stevie brings the crowds, but perhaps it is time for them to change musical style, be creative and look beyond Stevie.

Mick, John and Lindsey won't fill big venues but there would still be a nice bit of cash to be made in smaller venues and they (or perhaps just Mick) might learn to get back to making music for the sake of making music.
Old 03-16-2012, 07:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

If they insist on continually touring the same old music with the same old formula then maybe they should call it a day. They shouldn't have to rely on Stevie to tour. After all, the band existed before her and they were still successful. New blood, new music, new audience. They need to change or they'll forever be known as "that band that used to be cool" or "that band your dad likes".
Old 03-16-2012, 09:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I just plainly do not agree with this "babysitting Lindsey's ego" stuff and I will speak up for it.
I think this is a little overblown too, however, I do think that there are politics within the band and especially among Stevie and Lindsey. I DO think that Stevie does try to be the peacemaker in the relationship more often than not, and I think that nods like playing on SA might be a bit of that. I do not think, however, that it is ALL that. I honestly do think that she asked Lindsey to play on that song because she truly thought that he would add the magic that it needed, a mood, atmospheric guitar parts and their brilliant harmony which I've always loved and think is their strongest asset as a duo. Another wrinkle to this though, is that I think when Stevie gets stumped or insecure about her music she oftentimes runs to Lindsey to help her out. He's a bit of a security blanket for Stevie; always has been. So, I kind of think her collaboration with Lindsey on SA is more about Stevie's worries about perfecting a song she feels very passionately about rather than stroking Lindsey's ego.
Old 03-16-2012, 09:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffdweller View Post
I think this is a little overblown too, however, I do think that there are politics within the band and especially among Stevie and Lindsey. I DO think that Stevie does try to be the peacemaker in the relationship more often than not, and I think that nods like playing on SA might be a bit of that. I do not think, however, that it is ALL that. I honestly do think that she asked Lindsey to play on that song because she truly thought that he would add the magic that it needed, a mood, atmospheric guitar parts and their brilliant harmony which I've always loved and think is their strongest asset as a duo. Another wrinkle to this though, is that I think when Stevie gets stumped or insecure about her music she oftentimes runs to Lindsey to help her out. He's a bit of a security blanket for Stevie; always has been. So, I kind of think her collaboration with Lindsey on SA is more about Stevie's worries about perfecting a song she feels very passionately about rather than stroking Lindsey's ego.

Spot on!!!