Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-13-2018, 06:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Well said, both of you.

I would possibly disagree however, that the choice of The Chain was thoughtless.

I think it was done with full awareness.

I think it was meant as a F. U. to a certain someone. Whether from the band to him or just from Stevie (and Mick?) I dunno.
Absolutely!

and everyone who thinks that is not the case, must not really be a fan of either FM, SN or LB or does not know how to pick up on social clues. because hardcore fans of this band are well aware of their dynamic and this is plain as day.

and yes, what you said about trolls! don't @ us. we all know it's true, and if you argue this point you are just trolling.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-13-2018, 06:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
face facts: the new lineup is being criticized by sensible people because, quite frankly, they aren't acting like a new lineup at all. They are doing as little as necessary to "carry on" and make money and bamboozle masses of people into seeing their next tour.

If Mick is going to tout the new lineup as relevant and if some stubborn and/or delusional fans are going to defend the new lineup, then the actual band as it exists right now needs to DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT--ie: new music, a new approach to well-worn material. The new blood need to make their mark, and the veterans need to step up their game. Stretch, expand, grow. All of that comes with "new lineup"/ "new" band.

That ain't happening here.

The emperor's new clothes reveal just how lame and bloated the emperor actually is.

Or something like that.
exactly. Ellen show performance exposed this. and no amount of yelling "double standard!!" will change that.

if you still don't acknowledge this, after the blandest possible performance of those two Rumours 5 classic songs that were so obviously specifically chosen because they have Lindsey stamp all over them, then either you are blind or you don't want to see it.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-13-2018, 06:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
shooting the **** about a band does not have to include calling it’s members bitches or hoes or any other slur.
it doesn't and shouldn't, i agree.

same as it shouldn't involve calling people you are talking to whiny babies and weak-minded.

Old 09-13-2018, 06:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
Why the F are you making this political??????????? I could say the SAME thing about the last election. You are obsessed. Go over to Fox news and comment if you are in that much of need to discuss it. UGH!

You're too easy.
Old 09-13-2018, 07:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
it doesn't and shouldn't, i agree.

same as it shouldn't involve calling people you are talking to whiny babies and weak-minded.
Weak minded is a phrase that was introduced by a moderator recently in another thread. Maybe review a few more recent posts before trying to point out hypocrisy on my part.

Weak minded was also meant as a not-so-subtle jab at me. All I’ve done is suggest that perhaps what’s actually the weak minded position is to call people bitches and hoes or to think that doing so is funny.

And I haven’t called any one person a whiny baby. But if someone admits that they “cried like a baby,” and then whines about the goings on in Fleetwood Mac, I don’t know - you can draw your own conclusions from that, I guess.

Last edited by Nathan; 09-13-2018 at 07:22 PM..
Old 09-13-2018, 07:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison View Post
I agree with you, Nathan. So tired of the crude name calling and certain people taking over the ledge forums, and bullying other people. This has become such a negative place to hang out now. Not enjoyable. But I'm sure I will be called things and criticised for what I just wrote. This use to be the place to hang for me when life got hard, now it's just depressing. Life just got harder for me, as in one hour I will find out if my grown son has cancer, my mom was just diagnosed with lung cancer in July and has few months to live. I thought coming here would be a stress reliever, but it is causing stress. I know I'm not the only one who feels like this, but if they speak up they will be attacked.
So I will leave the Ledge for those who want to rule it, and hope one day it will become a friendly place again.
Peace out!
Wow, sorry to hear about your trouble.

It is definitely a little negative here over the past few months but I too hope that can change. The Ledge has always been known for a certain level of acerbicness but it does seem to have now devolved into something else.

I hope things go okay with your son.
Old 09-13-2018, 07:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
You're too easy.
Kind of seems like you’re trolling people.
Old 09-13-2018, 07:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Kind of seems like you’re trolling people.
You don't think that person was more than a little
over the top with their response to what I wrote?

He/she and one other always cry a little too loud.
Old 09-13-2018, 11:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You're too easy.
We are inundated with it ALL day. Do you not agree? Don't you want to just not hear about it for two G damn seconds? I know I do. For the love of God I am begging you, not to get into politics on this board.
Old 09-13-2018, 11:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You don't think that person was more than a little
over the top with their response to what I wrote?

He/she and one other always cry a little too loud.
Nope I'm not over the top. Like I said I hear about politics these days WAY too much. I need a break sometimes as we all do.
Old 09-14-2018, 08:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Didn’t you just say in another thread that you had “cried like a baby” because of your disdain for the new Fleetwood Mac?

I think by your own admission then, you are in fact a whiny baby.

And based on that, I do have a clue about how you feel and what Fleetwood Mac means to you.

I was also not talking to you or about you in the post above. “Weak-minded” was a reference to something in another thread. So if you identified with something in my post, that’s on you.

Lastly, shooting the **** about a band does not have to include calling it’s members bitches or hoes or any other slur.
Did you not know that "cried like a baby" is a saying? Yes, I cried, not ashamed to admit that.

No, I did not admit to being a whiny baby. You are "thinking" incorrectly.

And I have never called anyone a "ho" or a "bitch."
Old 09-14-2018, 10:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethemac1 View Post
You are "thinking" incorrectly.
Old 09-14-2018, 12:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Well said, both of you.

I would possibly disagree however, that the choice of The Chain was thoughtless.

I think it was done with full awareness.

I think it was meant as a F. U. to a certain someone. Whether from the band to him or just from Stevie (and Mick?) I dunno. And before the troll sh*tshow starts, no, I can't PROVE it. I just feel it, and given the above mentioned deeply flawed characters involved, it seems very plausible to me. If you don't agree, well, it's a free country.
See, this is the type of drama that seems completely unnecessary to interject into the conversation. I can guarantee you that they weren’t thinking of Lindsey when they picked The Chain.

Just from a practical perspective, The Chain is one of their better known songs, it features the voices together, has brief male lead vocals, and has a blazing guitar solo. Perfect way to show the new male lead vocalist and the new lead guitarist within the context of the band.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 09-14-2018, 12:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
See, this is the type of drama that seems completely unnecessary to interject into the conversation. I can guarantee you that they weren’t thinking of Lindsey when they picked The Chain.

Just from a practical perspective, The Chain is one of their better known songs, it features the voices together, has brief male lead vocals, and has a blazing guitar solo. Perfect way to show the new male lead vocalist and the new lead guitarist within the context of the band.
I agree with everything you said. For a band with 3 vocalists the Chain is the perfect song to showcase the new lineup. Not to mention, it's a killer song, a crowd pleaser, and was featured recently in a huge movie. The idea that they performed it as some sort of vendetta against Lindsey is typical of some people's mindset against Fleetwood Mac. It's not like they performed Big Love or Never Going Back Again.
Old 09-14-2018, 12:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison View Post
I agree with you, Nathan. So tired of the crude name calling and certain people taking over the ledge forums, and bullying other people. This has become such a negative place to hang out now. Not enjoyable. But I'm sure I will be called things and criticised for what I just wrote. This use to be the place to hang for me when life got hard, now it's just depressing. Life just got harder for me, as in one hour I will find out if my grown son has cancer, my mom was just diagnosed with lung cancer in July and has few months to live. I thought coming here would be a stress reliever, but it is causing stress. I know I'm not the only one who feels like this, but if they speak up they will be attacked.
So I will leave the Ledge for those who want to rule it, and hope one day it will become a friendly place again.
Peace out!
Alison, I hope you know that there are people here praying for you and your family.