Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-13-2018, 12:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Well said, both of you.

I would possibly disagree however, that the choice of The Chain was thoughtless.

I think it was done with full awareness.

I think it was meant as a F. U. to a certain someone. Whether from the band to him or just from Stevie (and Mick?) I dunno. And before the troll sh*tshow starts, no, I can't PROVE it. I just feel it, and given the above mentioned deeply flawed characters involved, it seems very plausible to me. If you don't agree, well, it's a free country.
I agree. They(especially $he) knew exactly what they were doing. F.U. indeed. #douches
Old 09-13-2018, 01:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I can bet you that it was LB's idea to piece all those songs together. Tambourine Ho just loves sticking in the knife. I should have listened to you Homer. She's the WORST. Why don't do Frozen Love? I can write Stevie's self important speech:

"This song was played for Mick when he was checking out studios to record a new album. A certain someone who was asked to join the band refused unless they asked me. I always hated that story because it made him seem more important and more talented then me. Guess who had the last laugh? I got him fired!!!! I think all of your collective consciousness was thrown out into the world and got that nasty bad man canned! And I thank all of you from the bottom of my fairy heart. Also just to let you know, I will be re recording EVERY Fleetwood Mac song that that bad man produced so it can be heard in the two note range it was written! I'll be playing all the instruments!!! Anyway let's get this party startedddddd!!!!!"

Last edited by secondhandchain; 09-13-2018 at 01:53 PM..
Old 09-13-2018, 02:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
I can bet you that it was LB's idea to piece all those songs together. Tambourine Ho just loves sticking in the knife. I should have listened to you Homer. She's the WORST. Why don't do Frozen Love? I can write Stevie's self important speech:

"This song was played for Mick when he was checking out studios to record a new album. A certain someone who was asked to join the band refused unless they asked me. I always hated that story because it made him seem more important and more talented then me. Guess who had the last laugh? I got him fired!!!! I think all of your collective consciousness was thrown out into the world and got that nasty bad man canned! And I thank all of you from the bottom of my fairy heart. Also just to let you know, I will be re recording EVERY Fleetwood Mac song that that bad man produced so it can be heard in the two note range it was written! I'll be playing all the instruments!!! Anyway let's get this party startedddddd!!!!!"
Is it acceptable to be calling people hoes now?

There is an "e" a the end of that word, by the way...

Is this how people get through life? They don't like the way things turn out, so they sneer and whine and call people ugly names?
Old 09-13-2018, 02:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
You poets think you can make your own language!!
Gurrrrrl, I have made up more words than I can count.

But let's face it--people (others, not you and me and a few others) should face facts: the new lineup is being criticized by sensible people because, quite frankly, they aren't acting like a new lineup at all. They are doing as little as necessary to "carry on" and make money and bamboozle masses of people into seeing their next tour.

If Mick is going to tout the new lineup as relevant and if some stubborn and/or delusional fans are going to defend the new lineup, then the actual band as it exists right now needs to DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT--ie: new music, a new approach to well-worn material. The new blood need to make their mark, and the veterans need to step up their game. Stretch, expand, grow. All of that comes with "new lineup"/ "new" band.

That ain't happening here.

The emperor's new clothes reveal just how lame and bloated the emperor actually is.

Or something like that.
Old 09-13-2018, 02:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
But let's face it--people (others, not you and me and a few others) should face facts: the new lineup is being criticized by sensible people because, quite frankly, they aren't acting like a new lineup at all. They are doing as little as necessary to "carry on" and make money and bamboozle masses of people into seeing their next tour.
Fair enough, and I don't completely disagree.

Although, I do think that "sensible people" should be able to voice their criticism without calling people bitches or hoes or attacking their physicality.

Maybe that makes me weak-minded in the eyes of some but I think what's truly weak-minded is a person being a whiny baby because they don't like what's happening in a band of musicians that they've never met, and having to call people ugly name$ becau$e of it.

Not you, but others.
Old 09-13-2018, 02:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post

Although, I do think that "sensible people" should be able to voice their criticism without calling people bitches or hoes or attacking their physicality.

Maybe that makes me weak-minded in the eyes of some but I think what's truly weak-minded is a person being a whiny baby because they don't like what's happening in a band of musicians that they've never met, and having to call people ugly name$ becau$e of it.

Not you, but others.
Nathan, you can't really comment on what I feel like, what I don't like, and what the band means to me. You have no clue.

So to call me whiny because I am frustrated with what they have done, is unfair. Where else do FM fans get to sit around and shoot the s**t about their feelings of their band? And to certainly vent frustration about what we are feeling.

It sounds to me like you are on all these threads with your whiny questions about WHY WHY WHY?
Old 09-13-2018, 03:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethemac1 View Post
Nathan, you can't really comment on what I feel like, what I don't like, and what the band means to me. You have no clue.

So to call me whiny because I am frustrated with what they have done, is unfair. Where else do FM fans get to sit around and shoot the s**t about their feelings of their band? And to certainly vent frustration about what we are feeling.

It sounds to me like you are on all these threads with your whiny questions about WHY WHY WHY?
Didn’t you just say in another thread that you had “cried like a baby” because of your disdain for the new Fleetwood Mac?

I think by your own admission then, you are in fact a whiny baby.

And based on that, I do have a clue about how you feel and what Fleetwood Mac means to you.

I was also not talking to you or about you in the post above. “Weak-minded” was a reference to something in another thread. So if you identified with something in my post, that’s on you.

Lastly, shooting the **** about a band does not have to include calling it’s members bitches or hoes or any other slur.
Old 09-13-2018, 03:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I agree with you, Nathan. So tired of the crude name calling and certain people taking over the ledge forums, and bullying other people. This has become such a negative place to hang out now. Not enjoyable. But I'm sure I will be called things and criticised for what I just wrote. This use to be the place to hang for me when life got hard, now it's just depressing. Life just got harder for me, as in one hour I will find out if my grown son has cancer, my mom was just diagnosed with lung cancer in July and has few months to live. I thought coming here would be a stress reliever, but it is causing stress. I know I'm not the only one who feels like this, but if they speak up they will be attacked.
So I will leave the Ledge for those who want to rule it, and hope one day it will become a friendly place again.
Peace out!
Old 09-13-2018, 04:03 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:

Although, I do think that "sensible people" should be able to voice their criticism without calling people bitches or hoes or attacking their physicality
Totally agree
Old 09-13-2018, 04:05 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:

I would possibly disagree however, that the choice of The Chain was thoughtless.

I think it was done with full awarended.
I agree. By thoughtless, I meant not showing consideration of their fans.
Old 09-13-2018, 04:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Nathan the "ho" was on purpose. It's kind of like not spelling a curse word correctly. I'm sorry you don't like it but the tambourine witch (is that better?) deserves everything she gets right now.
Old 09-13-2018, 04:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Not you, but others.
Yeah, I stay out of that stuff. I am Just an opinionated fan who’s frustrated with the band.
Old 09-13-2018, 04:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well said, both of you.

I think it was done with full awareness.

I think it was meant as a F. U. to a certain someone. Whether from the band to him or just from Stevie (and Mick?) I dunno. And before the troll sh*tshow starts, no, I can't PROVE it. I just feel it, and given the above mentioned deeply flawed characters involved, it seems very plausible to me. If you don't agree, well, it's a free country.
I DO AGREE....I think it was a calculated move too, they had many other songs to choose particularly Christine's....and chose not to. Not a coincidence
Old 09-13-2018, 04:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Is this how people get through life? They don't like the way things turn out, so they sneer and whine and call people ugly names?
Sounds like you're talking about Democrats.
Old 09-13-2018, 06:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
Sounds like you're talking about Democrats.
Why the F are you making this political??????????? I could say the SAME thing about the last election. You are obsessed. Go over to Fox news and comment if you are in that much of need to discuss it. UGH!