Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-11-2018, 09:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Agreed.

Having the chance to meet and chat with him two nights ago, he really believes she is not writing or creating at all anymore and that's why she won't do an album because she's got nothing to contribute (new songs).
He said the songs on extended play were a total attempt to "woo" Stevie back into the studio, "and she just went NO!" He imitated how crankily she said NO! He feels she doesn't want to put her non-existent or not very good new songs up against his (or Chris's now). He's tread carefully for how many years now to get her to record with them all again?? Wrote songs about her, to her, in her key, agreed to her demands for outside producers, etc......nope. Nothing from her but cash grab oldies tours.

Yes—and so many of us have recognized this for years. As someone in this thread recognized earlier, most of his comments merely reflect what we’ve surmised ourselves. In that sense—and in other senses—his sudden candor is refreshing and welcome. What’s more, he’s no longer holding back by reciting long-winded, canned speeches that only obliquely hint at his true feelings. I applaud him. And I don’t hold it against him if he returns to the band. He could only help matters at this point.
Old 12-11-2018, 10:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I have a HUGE problem with him saying that $tevie being needy for a certain kind of attention and that she gets jealous of other people's vitality.

We would never say anything like that here at TL. Because this is an awful place and should be destroyed!!
I agree with your first paragraph, because I think one could argue of Lindsey being guilty of also wanting attention.

Anyway, the point I wanted to make was that as far as I know, we still don't know exactly what he did to make Stevie so furious. When Azoff called him and said, in his words, "You've done it now!", WHAT was it? The interviewer asked Lindsey if he knew what it was, and Lindsey claimed he didn't know. This alludes then, that Stevie went off the handle, for no reason whatsoever, and the rest of the band went along with that illogical thinking. I have a hard time believing that. He did SOMETHING. I hope to hear Stevie's side at some point.

I have not read every article, so if I'm missing something, please let me know.

Jamie
Old 12-11-2018, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmaletic View Post
I agree with your first paragraph, because I think one could argue of Lindsey being guilty of also wanting attention.

Anyway, the point I wanted to make was that as far as I know, we still don't know exactly what he did to make Stevie so furious. When Azoff called him and said, in his words, "You've done it now!", WHAT was it? The interviewer asked Lindsey if he knew what it was, and Lindsey claimed he didn't know. This alludes then, that Stevie went off the handle, for no reason whatsoever, and the rest of the band went along with that illogical thinking. I have a hard time believing that. He did SOMETHING. I hope to hear Stevie's side at some point.

Jamie
Jamie... I swear on my life, I was just telling Elle about 30 min ago, that you have been gone for a bit. I summoned you!! lol

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 12-11-2018 at 11:11 AM..
Old 12-11-2018, 11:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:

Jamie
Jamie, Stevie was plotting it with Mick and Azoff etc. from some time in 2017 but they had to wait until MusiCares was finished to pull it off. That's the prevailing theory that makes most sense from the totality of all the information at hand, particularly since 2017 onward.

There was no "big wrong thing at MusiCares" that Lindsey did, as much as the occasional diehard Stevie defender may wish to fantasize there was. He smirked? Christine and Mick were waltzing!

And AncientQueen, Lindsey himself makes it clear in at least the Stereogum article that it was Stevie, not the rest of the band, who wanted him gone. I feel sorry for any diehard Stevie supporter who feels obligated by their loyalty to Stevie into inconceivably twisting all the existing information to make it appear otherwise.
Old 12-11-2018, 11:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE=jkmaletic;1245595]I agree with your first paragraph, because I think one could argue of Lindsey being guilty of also wanting attention.

Jamie

His comments regarding not knowing what he’s done open up the opportunity to hear from Stevie and/or Mick as to why his smirk was the straw that broke the camels back, and Mick and Christine waltzing in mock of her was okay. I would agree, it makes sense there is more to it. But why lie about it in April. In other words, let’s hear it Stevie. If nothing is forthcoming, we can surmise the Rumours 5 lineup was taken down singlehandedly, by one woman’s temper tantrum. And that is extremely sad
Old 12-11-2018, 11:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
I feel sorry for any diehard Stevie supporter who feels obligated by their loyalty to Stevie into inconceivably twisting all the existing information to make it appear otherwise.
yep
Old 12-11-2018, 12:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Apples and oranges! As much as I love Bob, they couldn't get arrested during those years. As much as you CAN'T own it, Steve, this ain't PG's FM. And it's NOT Mike Campbell's FM.

IT IS LINDSEY MOTHER F*CKING BUCKINGHAM'S FM.
No. It’s Mick Fleetwood and John McVie’s Fleetwood Mac. And, it’s apparently become Stevie’s Fleetwood Mac.

Be honest, you don’t really care about their legacy, you’re just mad that Stevie won. You would have had absolutely zero problem if Stevie had been fired. So, it’s not really about this “legacy” of Fleetwood Mac.

The fact that he was willing to go on without her when it wasn’t clear to him that Azoff meant he was out tells me that “the legacy” wasn’t especially sacred to him, either.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-11-2018, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
No. It’s Mick Fleetwood and John McVie’s Fleetwood Mac. And, it’s apparently become Stevie’s Fleetwood Mac.

Be honest, you don’t really care about their legacy, you’re just mad that Stevie won. You would have had absolutely zero problem if Stevie had been fired. So, it’s not really about this “legacy” of Fleetwood Mac.

The fact that he was willing to go on without her when it wasn’t clear to him that Azoff meant he was out tells me that “the legacy” wasn’t especially sacred to him, either.
I agree with you, Steve. I would like the Mac in your signature. I think the legacy isn't tarnished w/ a departure of Stevie or Lindsey. I think they way this went down tarnishes it.

I wanted a last album with the 5. Really badly... Yes, I loved BuckVie... but I alway thought Stevie would come around and they'd record after the BuckVie tour. Boy, was I wrong!!!

Fleetwood Mac to me would be McVie's/Fleetwood with Lindsey.. or Stevie. I would love for them to strip down. But, we both know that won't happen. I think I would have less problem with just Mike replacing LB .. (had LB left on his own) And having the 2 ladies carry the rest. Put them to work.

And I blame LB as much as anyone for using processors and NOT STRIPPING DOWN, and using extra tracks/samples. I guess it is what it is.
Old 12-11-2018, 12:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Jamie
I initially thought this might be the case but several months have passed, Lindsey has openly criticized the band's decision without a hint of irony or guilt, and no one has challenged him. This more than suggests to me that he didn't do anything tangible or concrete. She was just tired of working with him because she couldn't get over past arguments and problems. Moreover, Lindsey has been lobbying for new music for the past five or six years. The more he does this--and the more it's apparent that Christine herself is willing to do this--the more she has ratcheted up the anger and the bitterness.

To many of us, it's become clear that one of the major issues here is precisely what he has just identified: she is jealous of his creativity and continued vitality. I seriously doubt she has written anything new in a long, long time. Does she have a song left? If she doesn't that in itself is not a problem. Joni Mitchell experienced the same thing. However, Stevie won't come clean about it or admit it. Instead, she is hell bent on painting him as a jealous villain. And she didn't say one supportive thing about the Lindsey Buckingham/Christine McVie album.
Old 12-11-2018, 12:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Or, just like when Christine willingly left, he was keen to keep going with all those who wished to, which indeed would have been a much more appropriate, ubpeat end to the band, not this ugly, petty, childish firing business- that is what has tarnished the legacy, and its just silly to pretend its not true.
Old 12-11-2018, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
I initially thought this might be the case but several months have passed, Lindsey has openly criticized the band's decision without a hint of irony or guilt, and no one has challenged him. This more than suggests to me that he didn't do anything tangible or concrete. She was just tired of working with him because she couldn't get over past arguments and problems. Moreover, Lindsey has been lobbying for new music for the past five or six years. The more he does this--and the more it's apparent that Christine herself is willing to do this--the more she has ratcheted up the anger and the bitterness.

To many of us, it's become clear that one of the major issues here is precisely what he has just identified: she is jealous of his creativity and continued vitality. I seriously doubt she has written anything new in a long, long time. Does she have a song left? If she doesn't that in itself is not a problem. Joni Mitchell experienced the same thing. However, Stevie won't come clean about it or admit it. Instead, she is hell bent on painting him as a jealous villain. And she didn't say one supportive thing about the Lindsey Buckingham/Christine McVie album.
In fact, she said she didn't understand the premise. And, Christine even joked about Stevie's reaction to it.

And we all know at the end of the day, that album and tour bugged the crap out of her.
Old 12-11-2018, 12:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I agree with you, Steve. I would like the Mac in your signature. I think the legacy isn't tarnished w/ a departure of Stevie or Lindsey. I think they way this went down tarnishes it.
For me, the only viable configuration of Mac I want to hear is Buckvie 2. Stevie won't write or perform new songs with them, so why bother keeping her on? Replacements at this stage of the game--no matter what their pedigree--are laughable, or weep-worthy--your choice.

Actually, there is one thing I'd recommend. If BuckVie 2 can't happen, then Mick, Christine, John, and the rest of Mick's Maui blues outfit could record something...
Old 12-11-2018, 12:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
In fact, she said she didn't understand the premise.
I remember that. What a ridiculous comment! I remember being appalled by it.
Old 12-11-2018, 12:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I disagree. I think it reveals that he sees himself as an indispensable part of the band's legacy, whereas they could continue on without her and still make viably great music.

I entirely agree with him.
Old 12-11-2018, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
For me, the only viable configuration of Mac I want to hear is Buckvie 2. Stevie won't write or perform new songs with them, so why bother keeping her on? Replacements at this stage of the game--no matter what their pedigree--are laughable, or weep-worthy--your choice.

Actually, there is one thing I'd recommend. If BuckVie 2 can't happen, then Mick, Christine, John, and the rest of Mick's Maui blues outfit could record something...
I wouldn't mind seeing her play keyboards and piano for more than a few seconds.