User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-30-2022, 06:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
It’s kind of funny to think about the first song you run to play. There were two songs that immediately swamped my brain and memory: When the Train Comes Back and Never Make Me Cry.

Chris, with her lack of fuss, may have preferred her fans play Sugar Daddy or Think About Me or something with a little rock and roll in it. Ballads and rock, soul and blues . . . . Forty years ago, Jim Ladd called Christine and John McVie the “signature of Fleetwood Mac.” I’m sure there will be tributes and kind words from musicians and celebrities all over the world, because she was the kind of quiet talent whom you don’t fully appreciate — until she’s gone. Peaceful journey, idol of mine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsaSQxeVK9I
There it is. Was waiting for your eloquence today.

I went for Why first, then Never Make Me Cry.

This is a sad day indeed.
Old 11-30-2022, 06:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post

she was just nominated for a grammy, and Everywhere has been used so well in that commercial and made it to the top of streams.
I don't know why, but Everywhere sounds so good in that commercial. I mean, it makes me feel warm and sentimental when the other FM songs I've heard in ads just made me roll my eyes.

I literally think of this woman every day. Her voice, her phrasing, is in my blood. And because her accent is foreign to me, I find charm in such small things. So, I say words I wouldn't normally use like "circus wheel" because they remind me of her. I say "circus wheel" instead of Ferris wheel, because it makes me smile. She makes me smile. I did not think she would be the first to pass and this is out of nowhere.

I was always hoping in the back of my mind that I would see her again, if not live, then on a DVD, a one-off taped performance that was yet to happen. I thought she'd say something sarcastic or self-deprecating, that there'd be more somehow. A little more.

I used the lyrics from Temporary One on my father's funeral program. I feel them now.
Old 11-30-2022, 06:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My son just texted me from the Yukon “Did you hear about FM?” I called him and he told me about Christine and I started to cry.
I am so sad right now. I can’t believe she’s gone, I never in a million years considered her passing first, let alone passing at all. I just assumed they’d all be here forever.
I’m just so damn sad. And so thankful I got to see her with the band so many times.
So sad………wow. So shocked too.
Old 11-30-2022, 06:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The first song I thought of and sang today was OMH. I believe it's the first time I'd ever heard her. If it wasn't, I have no previous memories. Even when I heard it, I did not know who the singer was for a couple of years after that. I just knew I loved the song.
Old 11-30-2022, 06:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Although Chris was the eldest and it was showing, it sounds like this must have been something relatively sudden. It's a sad moment for us but I'm thankful she went swiftly.

You've got a sweet heart
Never will you be replaced
And it's so hard
The memory can't be erased

A sad time for John.
Old 11-30-2022, 06:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I recently heard a clip of Christine on her latest project. She sounded ”elderly”to me. I just knew then that she may never sing for people again. This week for some reason I have been thinking of her and the band and thinking it has been a good run and I should appreciate what they have done and don’t be bitter about what could have been. Christine McVie more or less brought me into this wonderful wild musical journey. Rest in Peace our wonderful and beautiful Songbird.

Last edited by J.Miller; 11-30-2022 at 07:01 PM.. Reason: Error
Old 11-30-2022, 07:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm here to say goodbye to a muse, to a sweet voice, to a brilliant composer, musician, singer, songwriter. Now definitely there's no chance to see Fleetwood Mac again. You can say that without Lindsey there's still FM. You can say that without Stevie Nicks there's still FM. But without Christine, it's different. Simply different. Her sound, her voice, her ballads in the middle or at the end of an album, her harmonies...Nothing will be the same without her!!
Don't think she was Songbird or Why only, because she left a VERY BIG legacy for all of us.
She was Show Me A Smile, Never Make Me Cry, Brown Eyes, Save Me, Wish You Were Here, Homeward Bound, Morning Rain, Dissatisfied, Sooner Or Later, Hollywood...and more. She was many many MORE.

Remember Me...

And a little of one of her Best songs, All Over Again,
It's time to move out, don't you know?

She wrote that with one meaning. Now that song and that phrase have another meaning to me.
Goodbye, sweet Christine. Rest In Peace. I only can say thank you. You and your music will be forever in my heart, and in my soul.
I'm still so devastated about this, so sad. I won't believe it!
Old 11-30-2022, 07:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

…Over and Over..
Just keeps going round in my head.
Old 11-30-2022, 07:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Goodnight Chris. So glad I got to see you live.

Starting my Chris listening marathon with Why.
Old 11-30-2022, 07:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I know that it's none of my business, but I'd like to hear what was communicated to FM Saturday telling them she was sick. I wonder if they knew it was near the end, at that time. On Saturday.
Old 11-30-2022, 07:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I didn’t realize what a gift “Songbird: A Solo Collection” was. And now Songbird is up for a Grammy. And now Everywhere is everywhere. The auction had me wondering. Christine was sharing her gifts with us one last time on her own terms. Such an amazing woman, such an amazing life. Blessed to have been here on the planet during her time. Thank you Christine!
Old 11-30-2022, 07:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I know that it's none of my business, but I'd like to hear what was communicated to FM Saturday telling them she was sick. I wonder if they knew it was near the end, at that time. On Saturday.
I was wondering the same thing. Maybe it didn’t seem as serious at first, since Stevie says she was told not to go to London?
Old 11-30-2022, 07:38 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
It is not unlike the RBG tribute, such as it was. I can’t help but have the image of being very ill in my deathbed and having my wacky friend insist on singing a song that I don’t know and have no connection to. Grief is crazy and so are people.
Old 11-30-2022, 07:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I've been watching tributes flood my social media news feeds, from friends, news outlets, and acquaintances alike. She's receiving so much love. I never even knew that many of my friends and acquaintances were fans. Christine made so many people happy. I hope she knew and felt that.
Old 11-30-2022, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
For some strange reason, Mean Old World was the first song that came to mind, here.
Warm Ways was my first song that popped in my head.