Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-15-2022, 06:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Now isn’t this Molly Meldrum interviewing them — the guy who used to flirt (successfully) with Stevie?

Now I certainly agree that Madame Nicks was a creative drag on the band after her heyday, owing in large part to her narcissistic attitude. She may seem plagued by self doubts, but I bet she really isn’t. She seems to have only a very narrow type of self awareness.

Now I think that she is living the life she absolutely wants to live. All this nonsense about children and families and so forth and Stevie pining away for “what might have been” is ridiculous. She is absolutely content where she is. Remember when Lindsey put out the word that his relationship with Carol had ended? He was deluged with fan offers of marriage. Had Stevie really wanted to, she could have snapped her fingers and summoned thousands of offers of marriage — probably from every high-octane multimillionaire in the entertainment business. None of this crap of standing in the driveway waving goodbye to Stevie as she jets off. That is Stevie mythmaking. She chose not to marry because she didn’t want to marry. You’re rewriting her narrative by making her the dissipated, embittered old woman who longs for children. Au contraire, she is having a ball. She is Queen Bee, Matriarch of Music.
I do agree Stevie is very happy. She does not need FM and no longer feels guilty about it to be loyal to them as a point. If the Mac disbanded after Lindsey was fired just maybe she would have felt guilty. But the band carried on without Lindsey by Stevie's power. She's got power and is not shy about using it. If you want to work with her, its going to be HER way.
Old 11-15-2022, 06:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Now isn’t this Molly Meldrum interviewing them — the guy who used to flirt (successfully) with Stevie?

Now I certainly agree that Madame Nicks was a creative drag on the band after her heyday, owing in large part to her narcissistic attitude. She may seem plagued by self doubts, but I bet she really isn’t. She seems to have only a very narrow type of self awareness.

Now I think that she is living the life she absolutely wants to live. All this nonsense about children and families and so forth and Stevie pining away for “what might have been” is ridiculous. She is absolutely content where she is. Remember when Lindsey put out the word that his relationship with Carol had ended? He was deluged with fan offers of marriage. Had Stevie really wanted to, she could have snapped her fingers and summoned thousands of offers of marriage — probably from every high-octane multimillionaire in the entertainment business. None of this crap of standing in the driveway waving goodbye to Stevie as she jets off. That is Stevie mythmaking. She chose not to marry because she didn’t want to marry. You’re rewriting her narrative by making her the dissipated, embittered old woman who longs for children. Au contraire, she is having a ball. She is Queen Bee, Matriarch of Music.
I absolutely agree she is living the life of her dreams, allegedly.
She is only responsible to her, No one else.

Two things though ..what do you mean by…” a narrow type of self awareness “ I don’t quite understand what you mean.
and why did she never marry or at least in later life have a long term partner ?
Seems sad really.
I think she is a sad person.
Old 11-15-2022, 06:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
I absolutely agree she is living the life of her dreams, allegedly.
She is only responsible to her, No one else.

Two things though ..what do you mean by…” a narrow type of self awareness “ I don’t quite understand what you mean.
and why did she never marry or at least in later life have a long term partner ?
Seems sad really.
I think she is a sad person.
I think she's really sad as well. And very jealous of Lindsey's family life. So she showed him. How dare he be happy...
Old 11-15-2022, 08:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I don't know who the interviewer is but the voice is not Molly Meldrum's, whose voice is deeper and presumably more flirtworthy.
Old 11-16-2022, 12:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

COMPLETELY AGREE.

Stevie is wealthy beyond belief, she can do whatever she wants, she answers to nobody, she’s close to her brother and niece, and she has all kinds of people kissing her ass all the time. Stevie was briefly married and a step-mother and it absolutely wasn’t what she wanted. Being a rock star absolutely was. She’s not sitting in a rocking chair, pining for what could have been, and she damn sure isn’t jealous of Lindsey’s life. Lindsey’s life would bore her tears.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 11-16-2022, 01:47 PM

I agree she would be bored to death with Lindsey's life. I know I would be. Both of them are the same thing over and over and over again.

I do think she is deeply sad, however. Having sycophants around you is a never ending circumstance of having your own way. There is hell in not being challenged. When you stop earning from your current life and live off the past, it's torture for a true artist. She ceased to be an artist long ago. She's an entertainer.

My opinion is: She boxed herself into a solo career that doesn't need more wealth or produce anything of significance. It only feeds her ego and her "yes people's egos. That's sad to me.

Her new material, as trite as it is, is embarrassing compared to her earlier work.

I feel that she deep down inside would long for a family and folks that don't suck from the teat, vs a family that loves her and her amazing history.
Old 11-16-2022, 03:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
Two things though ..what do you mean by…”a narrow type of self awareness“ I don’t quite understand what you mean.
I’m referring to her narcissism. She sees herself in romanticized terms: she sacrifices, she suffers, she exalts. She’s expansive, larger than life. A breakup isn’t just a breakup — it’s a tragedy. She sees herself in extremes, and that perspective is actually limited and even shallow (even though it makes for a great superstar vibe).

Quote:
Why did she never marry or at least in later life have a long term partner? Seems sad really. I think she is a sad person.
You know, Sue, I don’t think she’s all that glum. I suggest Stevie is pleased with her station and, if given the chance, would make absolutely no changes.

However, I do think aging has saddened her. It’s practically impossible to be a 75-year-old siren when reality is staring back at you in the mirror. Remember when she told Rosie in 2001 that she was horrified when she lost her “little wrists” because of weight gain? That was one of the few times I saw real sadness in her eyes, not just romantic posturing. Stevie wants to be eternally cute, and Mother Nature doesn’t cooperate with any of us.

But hankering after Lindsey’s married life? No way does she want that. She can’t even stay home for a year before she’s off and running on tour. (Besides, who says Lindsey’s married life is Norman Rockwell? Maybe his kids can’t stand their dad.) To believe that Stevie is preoccupied with Lindsey’s marriage is to believe that he is still the center of her universe, which is just the opposite of what most of us think.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 11-16-2022, 03:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
She ceased to be an artist long ago. She's an entertainer.
She’s a rock star. That’s the only distinction she cares about.

Quote:
I feel that she deep down inside would long for a family and folks that don't suck from the teat, vs a family that loves her and her amazing history.
I think she wants that about as much as you want a wife and kids in a small Midwestern suburb.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 11-16-2022, 04:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I’m referring to her narcissism. She sees herself in romanticized terms: she sacrifices, she suffers, she exalts. She’s expansive, larger than life. A breakup isn’t just a breakup — it’s a tragedy. She sees herself in extremes, and that perspective is actually limited and even shallow (even though it makes for a great superstar vibe).

You know, Sue, I don’t think she’s all that glum. I suggest Stevie is pleased with her station and, if given the chance, would make absolutely no changes.

However, I do think aging has saddened her. It’s practically impossible to be a 75-year-old siren when reality is staring back at you in the mirror. Remember when she told Rosie in 2001 that she was horrified when she lost her “little wrists” because of weight gain? That was one of the few times I saw real sadness in her eyes, not just romantic posturing. Stevie wants to be eternally cute, and Mother Nature doesn’t cooperate with any of us.

But hankering after Lindsey’s married life? No way does she want that. She can’t even stay home for a year before she’s off and running on tour. (Besides, who says Lindsey’s married life is Norman Rockwell? Maybe his kids can’t stand their dad.) To believe that Stevie is preoccupied with Lindsey’s marriage is to believe that he is still the center of her universe, which is just the opposite of what most of us think.
Thank you David.
I see what you mean about her narcissism..and her expansive view of herself.
I actually didn’t mean she was sad but a bit pathetic…however I’m sure she is happy in her own world.
But bored maybe, she does do a lot of touring…
She’s right about fat wrists though..
Old 11-16-2022, 04:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

David, who were you initially responding to? This interesting post seems like it might have been intended for a different thread? Or am I missing something?

Last edited by aleuzzi; 11-16-2022 at 04:33 PM..
Old 11-16-2022, 04:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
David, who are you responding to? This seems like it might have been intended for a different thread?
It seems like it belongs in The Music Lives On thread.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 11-16-2022, 04:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
It seems like it belongs in The Music Lives On thread.
Ah, that makes sense.
Old 11-16-2022, 06:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Ah, that makes sense.
I’m a hot mess, Tony.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 11-16-2022, 06:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I’m a hot mess, Tony.
Then you're on the right discussion board. Welcome to the choir, sir.
Old 11-21-2022, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
She’s a rock star. That’s the only distinction she cares about.

I think she wants that about as much as you want a wife and kids in a small Midwestern suburb.
Can I watch Bengals' games?