The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-07-2022, 01:10 PM

Prince's cigarette butts that he smoked while writing Stand Back.
Old 10-07-2022, 01:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

If Mick needs an income again, why doesn’t he hire himself out as a session drummer? Surely, many recording artists would love to have Mick Fleetwood play drums for them, in the studio or onstage or both. He could make a fine living at his age doing session work. Doesn’t that seem more interesting — if you’re a musician — than selling coffee or wine or electronic vests?

Everybody is sort of dumb in Fleetwood Mac. Even back in the old days, Peter and Danny and Bob Weston and others were all sort of dumb. Bob Welch may have been the only non-dumb one. Rick, too.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 10-07-2022, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
If Mick needs an income again, why doesn’t he hire himself out as a session drummer? Surely, many recording artists would love to have Mick Fleetwood play drums for them, in the studio or onstage or both. He could make a fine living at his age doing session work. Doesn’t that seem more interesting — if you’re a musician — than selling coffee or wine or electronic vests?

Everybody is sort of dumb in Fleetwood Mac. Even back in the old days, Peter and Danny and Bob Weston and others were all sort of dumb. Bob Welch may have been the only non-dumb one. Rick, too.
There's an idea! Play drums!
Old 10-07-2022, 03:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post

Who is dumber- Mick Fleetwood for selling balls he held on an album cover back in 1977, nearly 50 years ago, or the person paying thousands of dollars for them? Yet if someone has the money to afford one of these items up for bid, how dumb can they be?

I think folks are reading WAY to much into this auction and are being very judgemental. In America, as well as other developed countries, people are allowed to sell items they no longer want or need. How anyone on this board can be so outraged is a head scratcher to me. Who cares what they do with the money? To quote an aunt of mine, and I think it’s appropriate here- “Geez Louise!”

I guess I’m just being cranky, and I don’t know why. Guess I just can’t understand why people are acting so outraged because the band isn’t spending the money the way they think it should be spent.
Old 10-07-2022, 03:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I admit to being a bit behind the times, but what in the heck is: "A Harry Styles Pleasing "Shroom Bloom" Campaign Ensemble"?

I understand each of those words in isolation but do not know what they mean threaded together.
Old 10-07-2022, 03:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Items I would bid for:

Any wine glass Chris drank from

An empty baggie (no residue, I dont want to be arrested) from Lindsey's driveway from Mick's Tango days

Stevie's broken fingernail from the infamous fight in which Lindsey allegedly threw her against the car before quitting Fleetwood Mac

The monkey Mick had on his drums during the Mirage tour

Empty klonopin bottle from you know who

Elton John's auctions always raise lots of money for AIDS charities. In today's messed up world, we just had over 120 Americans die in Florida with hurricane Ian, Ukraine refugees, and other good causes that need money. To give broke Mick another $75,000 is just a waste. This auction could rake in over a million dollars too. Chris is worth tens of millions of dollars. I am sure she was hoodwinked into this to give Mick cover for his greed.
LOL excellent items! And the empty Klonopin bottle is practical, too, as it can be used again and again!

I think you are blaming Mick way too much here. First of all, I just don’t see Christine as someone who’s easily hoodwinked or taken advantage of in business. If anything, considering the fact that she’s the only person promoting the auction, my first thought was it was her idea. She never promotes anything, and all of a sudden she’s promoting Songbird and now the auction. Her handlers know what they’re doing. I understand you hate Mick, which makes it easy for him to be a scapegoat, but this could just as easily have been Christine’s idea- just like it was her idea to sell her catalogue. And even if it wasn’t her idea, she can do whatever she wants with her property. I’m considering buying her baby grand, and I think you should give serious thoughts to purchasing John’s surfboard!
Old 10-07-2022, 03:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
The whole thing lacks dignity. They're pocketing cash while only donating an undisclosed percentage.
I agree. It all smacks of greed and self-interest. Sadly, there is nothing surprising in this. Since 1976, the core trio of Brits has been obsessed with money, with earning, spending, and/or losing it.

I was horrified to see Mick give up his RRHOF award, not because the award itself is especially meaningful but because of how badly Bob Welch wanted one and how devastated he was not to be included in it. No tact whatsoever.
Old 10-07-2022, 04:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
I agree. It all smacks of greed and self-interest. Sadly, there is nothing surprising in this. Since 1976, the core trio of Brits has been obsessed with money, with earning, spending, and/or losing it.

I was horrified to see Mick give up his RRHOF award, not because the award itself is especially meaningful but because of how badly Bob Welch wanted one and how devastated he was not to be included in it. No tact whatsoever.
OMG
I never thought of that angle but YES its pouring salt in that Welch wound again. Who would have guessed that in 24 years after that fiasco that Mick would be selling it to the highest bidder

bwboy: I am not blaming Mick or blaming anyone. I am just saddened at the greed. All the items are theirs so that may sound harsh. They are free to do whatever they want with them. However this band goes far beyond the norm in selling their historic momentos. They should really just create their own Ebay account and sell it themselves for profit. I would have respect for that. But they are using the "rock star auction" tradition to enrich themselves. Not blaming anyone just horrified at their actions. It was tongue and cheek saying Christine was giving him cover. But lets be real, Mick knows he would have been thrown under the bus by the press for doing it himself. So he tried to make it a "Fleetwood Mac" auction. Yet is not, its just 3 members (who IMHO were asked to find something). They realize they are old and their days numbered. Clearly these items need to be found a home by someone who can preserve them. If all the items donated were for charity, they would all get a huge charitable deduction. Yet that was not good enough. Chris has a net worth of at least 65 million. Does she really need a few hundred thousand dollars? Or is there better way to funnel money from a rock star auction to a needy charity? They are free to do it just as I am free to criticize them for it. Having said all that, I think its official. They are done and cashing out. $$$$

Last edited by Macfan4life; 10-07-2022 at 04:29 PM..
Old 10-07-2022, 04:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I’m considering buying her baby grand,
You have that kind of money? Ooh la la!
Old 10-07-2022, 04:51 PM

Quote:

You've smacked me across the face with this most excellent point. What a slap in the face. And I'm someone that deeply respects Mick's body of work.
Old 10-07-2022, 04:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

One thing that boggles my mind is that Mick’s balls are going for about twice as much as Chris’ baby grand.
Old 10-07-2022, 04:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I admit to being a bit behind the times, but what in the heck is: "A Harry Styles Pleasing "Shroom Bloom" Campaign Ensemble"?

I understand each of those words in isolation but do not know what they mean threaded together.
Mick modeled in an ad for Harry Styles’ nail polish brand, Pleasing. The collection of colors was called “Shroom Bloom.” I’m guessing it’s the purple suit he was wearing in the ad.
Old 10-07-2022, 05:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
You've smacked me across the face with this most excellent point. What a slap in the face. And I'm someone that deeply respects Mick's body of work.
Its horrible.
Mick in 1998: You don't deserve this Bob.

Mick in 2014: Bob was just as instrumental to the band as Stevie and Lindsey

Mick in 2022: Who wants my RRHOF trophy? Btw I have a great deal on some britches. Barely worn.
Old 10-07-2022, 06:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Its horrible.
Mick in 1998: You don't deserve this Bob.

Mick in 2014: Bob was just as instrumental to the band as Stevie and Lindsey

Mick in 2022: Who wants my RRHOF trophy? Btw I have a great deal on some britches. Barely worn.
If 100% of the money were going to charity, I’d be tempted to get a bunch of us together to bid on it, put Bob’s name on the trophy, and give it to his next of kin.
Old 10-07-2022, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlie View Post
If 100% of the money were going to charity, I’d be tempted to get a bunch of us together to bid on it, put Bob’s name on the trophy, and give it to his next of kin.
Karlie, I'd be 10000000% into that. Love Bob Welch and his music.