User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-27-2022, 08:53 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I like your list, but could do without Hold Me, especially if Lindsey won’t be on it.

I’d love to see Warm Ways, Brown Eyes, Over and Over, and Game of Pretend.
"Hold Me" would rely on brass and woodwinds. I would think flute, piccolo, and clarinet, and oboe during the verses, saxophone on the instrumental, then horns on the outro.
Old 03-27-2022, 10:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I think a percentage of the population thinks of Christine when they hear the word Songbird. It's a good title for her project. Especially at this stage in the game.
unfortunately, it's a smaller percentage of the population, people know it's FM song and call Nicks a Songbird, since she's the face. i've seen some music "critics" wrote articles like that too, apparently thinking SN wrote Songbird. same as most people think SN wrote and sings GYOW, you know it's her "top hat" signature song.

so taking all that into account it is more than appropriate that Christine takes Songbird back where it belongs, and owns it once and for all.

i've recently seen a discussion on FB with some random guy being completely oblivious about the fact that Christine wrote double the amount of FM hits Stevie and Lindsey did and claiming that's just an "opinion" and asking to name the hits.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-27-2022, 10:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Another funny part of the interview besides her calling her first album Christine Mcvie was asking uncertainly that Tusk came after Rumours. She knew that but seemed a bit uncertain. Its funny because we probably know so much about their careers that they forget sometimes.
Charming to say the least
She rarely mentions her solo album and career. It was so nice of her to speak about it in such glowing terms and how much fun it was. Touched my heart
Old 03-27-2022, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
If she tours the new Album, she won’t have to play or pretend to play.
She can sit in front of a small orchestra …and let them do their work.

I can see her perched on a stool, next to a grand piano, with pianist playing. .. maybe for an easy arrangement she could walk round and play..
I'd pay anything to see that!
Old 03-27-2022, 11:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

nice overview of the interview by one of members here, FMfanUK -

http://fleetwoodmac-uk.com/wp/fleetw...eU58f2PIlVn4FE

CHRISTINE MCVIE, FLEETWOOD MAC, RELEASE INFO, UK ARTICLES
FLEETWOOD MAC STAR CHRISTINE MCVIE ANNOUNCES NEW SOLO ALBUM | RETRO POP
MARCH 27, 2022 FMFANUK LEAVE A COMMENT

Christine McVie will release a new solo album this summer.

The singer-songwriter helped take Fleetwood Mac to the top of the charts with classic hits such as Say You Love Me, You Make Loving Fun, Everywhere and Little Lies.

Now, she’s set to revisit some of her best-loved compositions for a compilation album of reimagined recordings.

She told Gary Barlow’s ‘We Write The Songs’ podcast: “I’ve just finished an album, which is a compilation of my biggest hits, but they’ve all been produced again by Glyn Johns, Vince Mendoza on strings – who does this fantastic version on Songbird.

“So that’s gonna be released – but they all sound completely different.”

Elaborating on the new recording of the group’s classic piano ballad, she said: “We’ve just now actually re-cut it with a complete string orchestra and it sounds beautiful.”

Christine released her self-titled first solo album ‘Christine Perfect’ in 1970 and, 14 years later, returned with ‘Christine McVie’, featuring the UK Top 40 hits Got a Hold on Me and Love Will Show Us How.

Two decades later, she released its follow-up ‘In The Meantime’, and in 2017 collaborated with Lindsey Buckingham on their eponymous duets album.

While there’s new music in the pipeline, Christine is less certain about the future when it comes to returning to the road.

Asked whether there are plans for live shows, she confessed: “That, I daren’t comment on yet. I’m very cagey about things like that.”

While firm release details have yet to be confirmed, the album is due in June.

Retro Pop
27/03/2022

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-27-2022, 11:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Another funny part of the interview besides her calling her first album Christine Mcvie was asking uncertainly that Tusk came after Rumours. She knew that but seemed a bit uncertain. Its funny because we probably know so much about their careers that they forget sometimes.
Charming to say the least
She rarely mentions her solo album and career. It was so nice of her to speak about it in such glowing terms and how much fun it was. Touched my heart
In an interview Christine gave as publicity for the Mirage Deluxe Edition, she admitted she had received her copy days before but hadn’t gotten around to listen to it yet. I was shocked. I mean, how could she have been so busy that she couldn’t play a CD? That was when I came to pretty much the same realization as you… the fans not only know more about the albums, dates, trivia, etc, but also are much more interested in their music than they even are. Or at least Christine, anyway. I mean, I can actually picture Mick or Lindsey opening the Deluxe Editions and listen to them and maybe compare the alternate takes to the original CD, but Christine just doesn’t have the interest. Nothing wrong with that, it just surprised me at first.
Old 03-27-2022, 11:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
unfortunately, it's a smaller percentage of the population, people know it's FM song and call Nicks a Songbird, since she's the face. i've seen some music "critics" wrote articles like that too, apparently thinking SN wrote Songbird. same as most people think SN wrote and sings GYOW, you know it's her "top hat" signature song.

so taking all that into account it is more than appropriate that Christine takes Songbird back where it belongs, and owns it once and for all.

i've recently seen a discussion on FB with some random guy being completely oblivious about the fact that Christine wrote double the amount of FM hits Stevie and Lindsey did and claiming that's just an "opinion" and asking to name the hits.
elle, I think you pay far more attention to Chiffonheads than you should. I mean, if someone called Stevie a ‘songbird,’ I highly doubt it was because they thought she wrote or sang the song Songbird. Songbird is a poetic term, like enchantress or some other silly word, ethereal is another word that comes to mind. Or maybe not silly, but those kinds of words are often used to describe her. I would hardly use songbird to describe Lindsey, or ethereal to describe Christine. Songbird does fit Christine because she wrote it, but it does tend to be used to describe female singers, not male singers.

Furthermore, if someone thought or thinks that Stevie wrote ago Your Own Way, then they’re clearly not a Fleetwood Mac fan.
Old 03-27-2022, 12:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Chiffonheads
Quote:
if someone thought or thinks that Stevie wrote ago Your Own Way, then they’re clearly not a Fleetwood Mac fan.
i'm referring to general population, not specifically chiffonheads, SN cult, or FM fans.

so i completely stand by Christine taking the term songbird back.

same as LB successfully re-established "LB, FM legend" with his last album.

Old 03-27-2022, 02:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Nice interview. Some interesting comments about songwriting and about Mick’s importance to her.

Future Games was not recorded on the mobile unit. Her first solo album was not originally called “The Legendary…”. Just “Christine Perfect.” The additional language was a Blue Horizon marketing ploy to capitalize on the White album’s success. In Christine’s place, I would be terribly upset by that. She never seemed happy with it.

I wish she spoke more concretely about the pre-75 experience in FM.
Old 03-27-2022, 02:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I'd pay anything to see that!
It would be really nice, to see her in her home town of Birmingham.
There are plenty of intimate venues in Brum, that would suit her.

I don’t think she would pull in huge crowds…..in The UK I don’t think any of them would.
(Well maybe Stevie)

Last edited by sue; 03-27-2022 at 02:31 PM.. Reason: Change
Old 03-27-2022, 02:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
It would be really nice, to see her in her home town of Birmingham.
There are plenty of intimate venues in Brum, that would suit her.

I don’t think she would pull in huge crowds…..in The UK I don’t think any of them would.
(Well maybe Stevie)
huge crowds no, but Lindsey is touring theater size venues there, and his european dates are either sold our or close to. and Christine i believe is better known than Lindsey there, especially if she has some marketing with her compilation album which would remind people of how many of her huge hits they know.

yeah, i'm thinking you have a better chance to see her solo than we do in the US, but here's hoping!

Old 03-27-2022, 02:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh—and yes, I hope she doesn’t tour. I have confidence she could still play the hell out of a piano, but vocally she cannot manage a live show, especially on her own. Maybe a movie-doc where the best live takes are selected from an intimate environment.
Old 03-27-2022, 03:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
huge crowds no, but Lindsey is touring theater size venues there, and his european dates are either sold our or close to. and Christine i believe is better known than Lindsey there, especially if she has some marketing with her compilation album which would remind people of how many of her huge hits they know.

yeah, i'm thinking you have a better chance to see her solo than we do in the US, but here's hoping!
I hope so, too.
I hope she does loads of tv and radio, pushing the Album.
…..she is very popular on radio in the UK.
(But then, BBC Radio 2 plays a lot of Fmac)
Old 03-27-2022, 04:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Well Stevie IS Fleetwood Mac. Do you have a vomit bucket I can borrow?

The general public is stupid, and so are those so called music critics.
Old 03-27-2022, 05:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Well Stevie IS Fleetwood Mac. Do you have a vomit bucket I can borrow?

The general public is stupid, and so are those so called music critics.
She's not Fleetwood Mac. She is the lead singer.