Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-27-2020, 10:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
Anger is a very ugly thing.
indeed it is. i'm so glad that Lindsey is so at peace. hope Stevie is also finally getting over her angry vendetta and to a peaceful place one of these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
Lindsey's anger about numbers is what got him kicked out of the band.
hahaha, that's a new one. i thought it was because he didn't wanna tour for a year?

of course, numbers was what made it possible to get him kicked out - the numbers that stevie was finally apparently certain enough she could use to convince Mick while frolicking together through Italy. because she could point to 2017 touring numbers showing she is larger name solo than BuckVie together.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 08-27-2020, 02:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I would not rank any Stevie album over any Lindsey album ... until IYD and 24KG.

Both are probably my fav Mac solo albums.

The irony is IYD is too long and 24KG gets better by having the two(?) bonus tracks.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 08-27-2020, 02:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
of course, numbers was what made it possible to get him kicked out - the numbers that stevie was finally apparently certain enough she could use to convince Mick while frolicking together through Italy. because she could point to 2017 touring numbers showing she is larger name solo than BuckVie together.
Stevie stole the FM name that would have been rightfully attached to that album — THEN we would see who sold better than whom.

And this is why SHE should have bowed out if it was only about money — but instead it was about vengeance. Watch out for that Avenging Conscience, Stevie!!! “Like a heartbeat drives you mad”

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 08-29-2020, 06:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
Stevie stole the FM name that would have been rightfully attached to that album — THEN we would see who sold better than whom.

And this is why SHE should have bowed out if it was only about money — but instead it was about vengeance. Watch out for that Avenging Conscience, Stevie!!! “Like a heartbeat drives you mad”
Funny how her own lyrics turned against her. "Like a heartbeat drives you mad" and "the sound of my voice will haunt you". Yeah, Stevie, Lindsey is still crying for you...

She's such a pitiful and lonely person.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 09-01-2020, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
indeed it is. i'm so glad that Lindsey is so at peace. hope Stevie is also finally getting over her angry vendetta and to a peaceful place one of these days.

hahaha, that's a new one. i thought it was because he didn't wanna tour for a year?

That's why they call her $tevie. BuckVie did quite well for a first venture. I was shocked the album climbed the charts that it did.

I'll never forget that summer of 2017. What a treat to see that show! I couldn't believe I was seeing Christine McVie in 2017, let alone a small venue.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 09-01-2020 at 08:31 AM..
Old 09-01-2020, 12:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

When you think about it, it's really ironic that it was new Fleetwood Mac music that broke up the band.

Yeah we were told of all of the other issues and narratives that the band wanted to spew, it was really the fact that Buckingham McVie saw the light of day that broke up the band. Failing to yeild to Nicks was the final grenade of political band napalm. They called her bluff in the end, as predicted she went ape-sh*t over the whole scenario. Aso, Christine and Mick yielded to the cash of a new tour, also a highly predictable move.

I often wonder what Christine is doing these days, I wonder if she feels it was worth it all. Lindsey was probably the only working musical ally she had in the band. Mick is a social friend, Stevie is a tour buddy (but Stevie will tell you differently, of course).

Last edited by BigAl84; 09-01-2020 at 12:40 PM..
Old 09-01-2020, 03:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
When you think about it, it's really ironic that it was new Fleetwood Mac music that broke up the band.

Yeah we were told of all of the other issues and narratives that the band wanted to spew, it was really the fact that Buckingham McVie saw the light of day that broke up the band. Failing to yeild to Nicks was the final grenade of political band napalm. They called her bluff in the end, as predicted she went ape-sh*t over the whole scenario. Aso, Christine and Mick yielded to the cash of a new tour, also a highly predictable move.

I often wonder what Christine is doing these days, I wonder if she feels it was worth it all. Lindsey was probably the only working musical ally she had in the band. Mick is a social friend, Stevie is a tour buddy (but Stevie will tell you differently, of course).

Of the 3 songwriters in the Rumours 5, I would happily wage Lindsey is the only one we will ever hear anything new from
Old 09-02-2020, 09:11 AM

Quote:

My best friend called it. He's not a FM enthusiast, but he'll watch videos and such with me. When he saw the BuckVie video he stated, "Oh my Lord, they are going to pay for this!"

And I said, "No, she's not that petty."

I WAS WRONG!
Old 09-02-2020, 10:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
My best friend called it. He's not a FM enthusiast, but he'll watch videos and such with me. When he saw the BuckVie video he stated, "Oh my Lord, they are going to pay for this!"

I WAS WRONG!
If only her megafans could see what a nasty, petty, selfish person $tevie is. $he's the worst thing that ever happened to FM.
Old 09-02-2020, 12:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post

I WAS WRONG!
Oh I had the same reaction as your friend. The minute they announced that album was coming out without Nicks...I knew a ticking timebomb was now out in the wild.

They broke the #1 unspoken law of the band that had been going on for the past 15 years - 4/5ths of the band can start a project, but if Nicks' refuses to participate, it's subsequently shelved indefinitely.

She didn't like the press that made her look like sour grapes for not participating. The press also took notice that it was pretty much a Fleetwood Mac affair minus herself.

Yet somehow...OF COURSE....Mick got a pass for his remarks praising the album and mentioning "they might be walking down red carpets with this body of work"
Old 09-02-2020, 01:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
Of the 3 songwriters in the Rumours 5, I would happily wage Lindsey is the only one we will ever hear anything new from
Oh you're absolutely right. It's been how many years since songs from the vault and Stevie has expressed zero interest in even doing a follow up. Apparently warner approached her about doing other reissues and she wanted nothing to do with that either (somebody posted about that here a while back)

I mean, as sad as it is Tom Petty's estate is more active in releasing content for fans and the poor guy has passed away.
Old 09-02-2020, 07:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It's been how many years since songs from the vault and Stevie has expressed zero interest in even doing a follow up. Apparently warner approached her about doing other reissues and she wanted nothing to do with that either (somebody posted about that here a while back)

I mean, as sad as it is Tom Petty's estate is more active in releasing content for fans and the poor guy has passed away.
I can't believe she didn't record a More Songs from the Vault album in the time period from February 2018 to August 2018. I know she did a private gig or 2 in May.

I suppose the Stand Back 1981-2017 collection was a reissue of sorts. Nothing like a Leann Rimes cover to celebrate her historic career!
Old 09-02-2020, 08:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Honestly, I think the next couple of years are going to be hard for her. She will have lost a year to covid and by the time things start returning to normal, the reality and limitations of her age will be very evident. Any momentum from the RRHOF induction will have long since passed, burned her bridges with Lindsey etc

I can’t see ANY of them actually coming together for these one off performances they have talked about pivoting to. Way too much work.

I know I said this before, but it really struck me how the entire band brushed off the fallout like it was 1987 again, as if they have another 20 years to pull **** on one another, do ****ty things, and eventually kiss and make up over the next decade. None of them (besides Lindsey) acknowledged how privileged they were to all still be healthy and able to perform together after all of this time. In the 11th hour of their careers they dove head first into complete petty nonsense over a god damn greatest hits tour. It will never make sense to me how they chose to die on the cross for a tour that really had no significance and still has no significance.

Last edited by BigAl84; 09-02-2020 at 08:45 PM..
Old 09-02-2020, 08:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Honestly, I think the next couple of years are going to be hard for her. She will have lost a year to covid and by the time things start returning to normal, the reality and limitations of her age will be very evident. Any momentum from the RRHOF induction will have long since passed, burned her bridges with Lindsey etc

I can’t see ANY of them actually coming together for these one off performances they have talked about pivoting to. Way too much work.

I know I said this before, but it really struck me how the entire band brushed off the fallout like it was 1987 again, as if they have another 20 years to pull **** on one another, do ****ty things, and eventually kiss and make up over the next decade. None of them (besides Lindsey) acknowledged how privileged they were to all still be healthy and able to perform together after all of this time. In the 11th hour of their careers they dove head first into complete petty nonsense over a god damn greatest hits tour. It will never make sense to me how they chose to die on the cross for a tour that really had no significance and still has no significance.
I mean the the 18-19 tour was about money. In 2008, Journey debuted a new singer with new music, The Cars did it with Tood Rundgren too. They didn't even name the 18/19 tour (On With the Show, Live 2013, Unleashed, 24 Karat Gold, Heart and Soul).

I don't think she cares about a friendship with Lindsey. She did once call him her partner-in-crime

It's not like they did a transformative setlist heavy on pre-soft rock FM or dove into BTM or Tusk
Old 09-02-2020, 09:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I can't believe Christine is hanging in there at her age. Stopping for a full year at that age has to be rough. But of course she's doing little actual playing these days, so as long as she can croak out enough notes to pass, I guess that's all that matters.

But $tevie says $he's not the boss, so what gives?

Her ego is out of control, and $he KNOWS $he's the boss. The only guarantee for a moderately full house- is for Mick to have that old goat front and center. He knows her herd will follow. Because $he's the be$t. $he's awe$ome!