User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-28-2020, 02:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicks Fan View Post
I am tired of the Prince comments. Her former Backup vocalist Jana Anderson was closer to Prince than she will ever be. When Prince died Jana penned a lengthy Facebook post talking about the song he made for her, the times they spent together at Paisley Park etc. All Stevie has is his work on Stand Back and him wanting her to write lyrics for Purple Rain and then nothing for years.
Stevie is an opportunist and a user.
Old 10-28-2020, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
It’s pretty bizarre to say she will kick her fans if they reach for her. It’s not unreasonable to be cautious and wary of hands grabbing you but the way she relishes her ability to do this is, um, effed up, especially since her fandom is her weapon. Those people reaching out for her are the ones who believe whatever she says.

Homer ain’t going to stand in the front row and try to grab her.
It's the one thing I loved that $he said. It's honest. And they should be kicked for believing what $he says.
Old 10-28-2020, 12:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I believe it was FM that fired her after the 2009 tour. But she was invited backstage and given tickets for either the 213 or 2014 tour. She has been pretty respectful of Stevie on Facebook though at one point in the past she did tell two stories about Waddy and or SN. In one story there were rehearsing for a concert and it was very hot out so she wore a light dress to be comfortable and was scolded by SN who said we don't wear dresses to rehearsal. Then during another rehearsal Waddy swore at them for moving their arms and said something along the lines of don't move your Fu-ing arms just stand there and sing.

When Prince died she posted a lot of stories of her time with Prince. He had composed a song for her called Jana's Jade Army, He played it for her at Paisley Park. He scolded her for eating a certain type of Candy saying it was bad for her etc. She was much closer to Prince than Sn ever was. Same with other artists like Sheena Easton whom she stayed with her at her home. Sheena also recorded a song she wrote and or composed. I love her Facebook stories.

As far as I know Price played Keyboards and or Synths on Stand Back and then tried to get her to write the lyrics for Purple Rain and after that they had nothing further to do with one another. To my knowledge there was no bad bad blood between them they just didn't do anything together since the 80's. I wish she would stop acting like they were so close or something.
Old 10-28-2020, 03:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wellll.... there was always a sort of undercurrent/rumours that there was something between them... she was always rather coy but kinda made it seem like it was from his side, unclear if she felt the same. She went and hung out with him after a FM show one night, fell asleep on his kitchen floor, then straggled back to the FM plane next day still in her stage clothes which supposedly got her some side eye from the band...

The song Thousand Days always seemed to be at least in part about that. "You've been asleep/well I've been asleep/for how long? she says" Or maybe he didn't come on to her, just dragged her off the kitchen floor... "The closest you've ever/ come to me was to /drag me up the stairs"

There was something also about him visiting her on the road, at her hotel, and her wanting more cough syrup and him telling her it was bad for her.

She's always been a bit vague about the whole thing and never said it was a romance just a "friendship" but given her history with famous men, it would seem unusual if it were just a professional friendship. Some on this board have suggested at various times that perhaps it was because he was black, but who knows...
Old 10-28-2020, 05:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
I liked her honesty about “Crying in the Night.” No invented story about its origins.
Well, I have some bad news...

https://stevienicks.info/music/bucki...-in-the-night/

“Crying in the Night” was inspired by a TV movie character, played by actress Lesley Ann Warren.

“‘Crying in the Night”s about an actress; her name is Lesley Ann Warren and she did some movie that was very a-la-Gunsmoke Kitty, you know that type of thing, and I wrote this song about her. And many years later when I did the video for ‘Stand Back,’ and Jeffrey Hornaday choreographed it, they were going together and he in fact introduced me to her and I told her about it, that this song had been written about her. So this was a song that was really written about a certain person, and if you know that she is and whenever you hear ‘Crying in the Night’ will know that that’s what I wrote it about. And she thought it was pretty neat, and I thought it was pretty neat. I thought it was pretty neat to get to tell her that I wrote it about her.”

Although Stevie has never said what the movie was called, her description appears to match the character of “Mae” in the ABC TV movie The Daughters of Joshua Cabe (1972), in which Lesley Ann Warren played a “come-on girl,” or a prostitute (see video below).

ETA: This was from a Rockline in 1989 and I remember listening to it when it aired. It was a few months before I got my first copy of Buckingham Nicks.

THE Stephen Hopkins

Last edited by SteveMacD; 10-28-2020 at 05:53 PM..
Old 10-29-2020, 07:50 AM
Senior Ledgie

I swear Stevie said years ago that Crying in the Night was about girls who used to hit on Lindsey back in the day, when she wrote it...

The boots. Just admit you can't walk on stilettos, girl. Enough with the Cobra Kai act.
Old 10-29-2020, 08:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarafield View Post
I swear Stevie said years ago that Crying in the Night was about girls who used to hit on Lindsey back in the day, when she wrote it...

The boots. Just admit you can't walk on stilettos, girl. Enough with the Cobra Kai act.
Well I know she said that about Kind of Woman.
Old 10-29-2020, 09:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarafield View Post

She actually said that at one of the 24kg shows I went to. Either Prudential Center or Nassau Coliseum.
Old 10-29-2020, 11:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The answer to Crying in the Night reminds me of the Courtney Love interview. Stevie finally told Courtney she had no idea what the doggone song was about. Stevie finally met someone who could ramble on as much as she could and it utterly exhausted her. She waved the white flag.
Old 11-02-2020, 12:55 PM
Ledgie

Stevie and Prince do have other known collaboration that's not been widely heard. In July 1983, they recorded a song called "I Know What to Say to You" at a studio in Minnesota.

Details on the exhaustively detailed and helpful Princevault.com

http://www.princevault.com/index.php?title=I_Know_What_To_Say_To_You

Note that the site, which has incredible detail on personnel and recording dates from his studio logs for both released and many, many unreleased songs, has no entry for the obvious fake "All Over You." Prince fans know that sounds nothing like Prince.

Last edited by brad975; 11-02-2020 at 01:00 PM..
Old 11-02-2020, 01:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad975 View Post
Stevie and Prince do have other known collaboration that's not been widely heard. In July 1983, they recorded a song called "I Know What to Say to You" at a studio in Minnesota.

Note that the site, which has incredible detail on personnel and recording dates from his studio logs for both released and many, many unreleased songs, has no entry for the obvious fake "All Over You." Prince fans know that sounds nothing like Prince.
Interesting! Even fits the Stevie time line for her tour that year. On July 15, she played Minneapolis, had the 16th off, and then played Chicago July 17.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 11-02-2020, 04:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

It excites me to think about this.
Old 11-03-2020, 10:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

WOW-good find! We have something to look forward to! Thanks brad975