User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-15-2008, 11:19 AM
Junior Ledgie

Default Palace of Fine Arts [San Francisco, 9/13]

Here are some notes from the show:

The venue is pretty small [475], was about 75% full. Crowd energy level about the same as Saratoga show.

Similar banter with crowd, he did mention he was from Palo Alto, and has some family in the audience, at which point they yelled "We Love You Uncle Lindsey!"

Same setlist as the Saratoga show [ie they did not close with All My Sorrows as in Tahoe]. Closed with Time Precious Time.

Performance was really good, and Time Precious Time was the best I have heard, including Saratoga, Seattle, and Rockline versions, both vocals and guitar, so it was great to see him pull it off so cleanly. His acoustic guitar was slightly out of tune during Under the Skin, which was surprising, but they kept going and it come off okay. The solos for Come and So Afraid were changed up a bit from the Saratoga show, which was good to hear as well. He did let some audience in the front row play his guitar during Go Your Own Way, but not nearly as much as he has done in the past. For version of Go Insane was still highlight for me.

After the show we did hang out back to try and meet him, there were about 20 people waiting with a pretty obnoxious security dude. Before Lindsey came out, Rick Turner [the Luthier] came out caring two of Lindsey's guitars [Model 1 in case, Renaissance acoustic/electric, no case], I would guess to take them back to his shop in Santa Cruz. I guess when you are a rock star you get this kind of service.

Lindsey did emerge, however could not stay long, and maybe two people got pictures taken. Then off in the SUV with Nealel and Brett.

Last edited by ken; 09-15-2008 at 11:50 AM..