Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-02-2007, 10:21 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
The cover is a hoot unto itself. Someone point her out in the picture please.
Do you really want me to?

Old 07-02-2007, 10:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgikallaroundme View Post

There is really no need, is there?

BTW....why is ever God Damned chapter named after a Stevie song or a Stevie lyric??

I notice that CA constantly feels the need to recount little conversations where Lindsey calls her "My Angel". In the four chapters I have read so far, she must have made that point ten times already.

"She has an exquisite femininity"......Lindsey
Old 07-02-2007, 10:51 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
There is really no need, is there?

BTW....why is ever God Damned chapter named after a Stevie song or a Stevie lyric??

I notice that CA constantly feels the need to recount little conversations where Lindsey calls her "My Angel". In the four chapters I have read so far, she must have made that point ten times already.

No **** man. Finally somebody feelin me!

Old 07-03-2007, 11:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
Oh yuk...!
Old 07-03-2007, 02:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

If it looks like ****, smells like ****, well guess what? it's ****!
Old 07-03-2007, 02:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Question

ok...excerpts of drugs and rocknroll ...where is the SEX?
Old 07-03-2007, 02:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

One thing that is completely off is her recollection of Lindsey's illness during the Rumours tour. She says it all took place in 1977, the big collapse and the subsequent spinal tap and him having to take medication three times a day, every day.

She mentions her being the one that looked out for him and made sure he took his pills, she even talks about this when she describes the events of the 1978 AMA awards, which were in January of that year. She talks about being the one that had to do all the damage control during that time, because the band didn't care about Lindsey.

But guess what? Lindsey's collapse and everything else that followed didn't happen until the summer of 1978. 6 months after all the award shows.
Old 07-03-2007, 02:44 PM
Michelle Daya
This message has been deleted by Michelle Daya.
Old 07-03-2007, 02:32 PM
Senior Ledgie

i haven't read the book but from what's been posted here, i don't think anybody can discount a 7 year relationship. i don't think it was all good & maybe most of it was bad. i do believe she was innocent when it started as lb has said himself in some interviews. something to the effect that he felt guilty or responsible because she didn't know anything when he met her. i believe that. & because of that, he probably did call her his angel. & for her, he was the love of her life.

i think she wrote this because she's hurt to this day that he married someone else but mostly because she's never gotten over him. it must be hard to love someone for so long after miscarrying his baby & spending 7 years of her life living with, coming out the other side with a major drug problem & issues that obviously have never gone away. i put myself in that position, of being 19 or 20 & finding myself involved with a rock legend & all that goes along with it. the money is only a fraction of what was being passed around in drugs, fame & f__king around. that would mess anyone up. & it was nice he bought her a condo & helped her get on her feet after it was over but i can't imagine coming out that other side with an addiction & heartbreak all the same time. so i cut her some slack. stevie has dissed lb way more than ca ever has. why is it ok for her? & one more thing. do you think the so-called spec of stevie & the collapse of lb's relationships had something to do with stevie trying to ruin them by saying "we slept together while he was with so and so?" even if it wasn't true, she was always around planting seeds that would upset any relationship. she didn't want him but didn't want anyone else to have him. unfair playing, wouldn't you say?

Last edited by Michelle Daya; 07-03-2007 at 02:37 PM..
Old 07-03-2007, 02:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I guess none of us will ever know what REALLY happened. I guess the thing to do is let her 15 minutes of fame run it's course and we'el be done withe her
Old 08-08-2007, 03:59 AM
Dreamz19
This message has been deleted by Dreamz19.
Old 07-03-2007, 05:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgikallaroundme View Post
Old 07-03-2007, 11:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Carol7lynn, you brought up some good points, and you aren't even reading the book.

I worked on it again last night. I gotta tell you, reading it word-by-word is hard....in fact, to me, it's sickening. I don't know if I will be able to finish it.

I've heard of "tooting ones own horn" but this girl (Carol Ann), is like a Disney cartoon heroine (think: Little Mermaid/Jasmine/Belle), so sweet so innocent, etc. etc. And the way she talks (it is a first person narrative) - well, I just ain't buying it. To me, the book is more fantasy -- hers.

The one point that is coming through (for me) is the comparison of Fleetwood Mac to Elvis's Memphis Mafia. The way she describes the workings of the inner circle, remind me of the books I read about him.

Come to think of it, CAH's book reminds me of the one Elvis's stepmother, Dee wrote. Both books are not a third person's candid observation ... they are definitely fantasy literature.
Old 07-03-2007, 11:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsy View Post
And the way she talks (it is a first person narrative) - well, I just ain't buying it. To me, the book is more fantasy -- hers.
From what I've read on the board, that sounds like you're hitting the nail on the head.
Old 09-04-2007, 04:59 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsy View Post
Carol7lynn, you brought up some good points, and you aren't even reading the book.
That explains a lot.

--
Thirty-five is a very attractive age. London society is full of women of the very highest birth who have, of their own free choice, remained thirty-five for years.
Oscar Wilde, The Importance of Being Earnest, Act 3
Irish dramatist, novelist, & poet (1854 - 1900)