Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-23-2009, 09:14 AM
Ledgie

Default Alternate Line Ups thread

Just curious, which of these three lineups other than the classic line up would you choose.

Mick, John, Stevie, Lindsey(Unleashed/Say You Will)

Mick, John,Stevie,Christine,Replacement Guitarist(Tango in the Night/Behind the Mask)

Mick, John, Christine, Lindsay(never happened, but could have)

tell me what you think!

and oh yeah, Merry Christmas!
Old 12-23-2009, 09:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

unleashed/say you will

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 12-23-2009, 09:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Mick, John, Lindsey, & Christine. Fleetwood Mac without the drama!! Seriously, I am a fan of Stevie, but I get tired of the problems, arguments, fights, and drama concerning Lindsey and Stevie.
Old 12-23-2009, 12:09 PM
Senior Ledgie

^^ I agree with you. I'd really be interested to hear what Mick, John, Chris & Linds sound like these days when there's no Stevie. It wouldn't be like the FM we know most likely but they're 4 great talented musicians and they surely would create some great music. I think the life performences would suffer a bit though. I mean, Stevie doesn't do that much but she's a front woman and Chris would never be that. However, she's the better one in the studio I guess.
Old 12-23-2009, 12:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I don't know... any deviation from the Rumours 5 kinda falls flat for me.

Without Lindsey the band sounded like any other over produced soft rock adult contemporary group.

Without Christine, there's no one to soften the chasm between Stevie and Lindsey (musically and drama wise). You're also missing the pop element that made the band so popular. And you're missing 1/3 of the voices that made Fleetwood Mac's harmonies world famous.

When Stevie was gone, you lost all the passion and drama that people so loved about the band. People just don't give a damn about Fleetwood Mac without her.

It was the combination of the 5 most unlikely people that made the band so special. I don't like a single one of them being gone. For me, I suppose the lesser of the evils is Christine being gone. Lindsey is an absolutely essential creative force, and Stevie's emotive presence also sets the band apart. Christine was the bridge between the two obviously. But Stevie and Lindsey are the stars. You really can't lose either of them.
Old 12-23-2009, 02:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
It was the combination of the 5 most unlikely people that made the band so special. I don't like a single one of them being gone. For me, I suppose the lesser of the evils is Christine being gone. Lindsey is an absolutely essential creative force, and Stevie's emotive presence also sets the band apart. Christine was the bridge between the two obviously. But Stevie and Lindsey are the stars. You really can't lose either of them.
I only have SYW, because it was GIVEN to me(I did steal [DL] it, beforehand). My cousin's roommate bought it, and heard Come, and decided that it sucked, and gave it to me! "What is this noise? It doesn't sound like FM".

Without Chris, FM is not FM, to me.
Old 12-23-2009, 05:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
At gunpoint, I'd pick Mick+John+Christine+Lindsey because it would give me the opportunity to hear Christine once again, & then I could use Lindsey's songs for phone calls or bathroom breaks or churros.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 12-23-2009, 06:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I only have SYW, because it was GIVEN to me(I did steal [DL] it, beforehand). My cousin's roommate bought it, and heard Come, and decided that it sucked, and gave it to me! "What is this noise? It doesn't sound like FM".

I agree that FM these days is... something different. Christine was what unified the radically different people, and made the band cohesive and enjoyable. To me, the history of FM began when Christine joined, and essentially ended when she left. She WAS the sound of Fleetwood Mac. Just as Stevie is undeniably the face. I wanted to like SYW very much, because I'm such a fan of Buckingham and Nicks. But the band is just not the same without Christine's counterpoint. The formula has been tampered with, and the magic has evaporated. Granted, there were some solid songs on SYW... but they could have been SO much better with Christine's touch.
Old 12-23-2009, 07:53 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I don't know... any deviation from the Rumours 5 kinda falls flat for me.

Without Lindsey the band sounded like any other over produced soft rock adult contemporary group.

Without Christine, there's no one to soften the chasm between Stevie and Lindsey (musically and drama wise). You're also missing the pop element that made the band so popular. And you're missing 1/3 of the voices that made Fleetwood Mac's harmonies world famous.

When Stevie was gone, you lost all the passion and drama that people so loved about the band. People just don't give a damn about Fleetwood Mac without her.

You have been spot on lately.
Old 12-23-2009, 08:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

MJLC for me, definitely. In recent years I've preferred stevie solo vs her stuff with FM. So fm plus stevie solo would be the best of both worlds.
Old 12-23-2009, 09:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Mick, John, Christine, Lindsey. I love the current lin-up...BUT, it would be cool to have the 4 musicians together, jamming. Plus, I really love Chris and Linds singing together. That would be neat : )
Old 12-23-2009, 11:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Mick, John, Christine, and Lindsey.

ALTHOUGH...I'd still rather have Mick, John, Christine, and Billy over the current incarnation.

For that matter, if Peter Green had been mentally healthy enough to come back into the popular music world like Mick had wanted around the time the band was making Tusk, I think it would have been especially cool if Peter Green and Bob Welch came back to Fleetwood Mac around the time the band was thinking of firing Lindsey. If it would have been a full time thing, I think there could have been a few more amazing Fleetwood Mac albums.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-23-2009, 11:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I agree that FM these days is... something different. Christine was what unified the radically different people, and made the band cohesive and enjoyable. To me, the history of FM began when Christine joined, and essentially ended when she left. She WAS the sound of Fleetwood Mac. Just as Stevie is undeniably the face. I wanted to like SYW very much, because I'm such a fan of Buckingham and Nicks. But the band is just not the same without Christine's counterpoint. The formula has been tampered with, and the magic has evaporated. Granted, there were some solid songs on SYW... but they could have been SO much better with Christine's touch.
She really was THE SOUND of FM. The Great Unifier!

And I agree that there were a few solid songs on SYW. It would've been a MUCH stronger album, if they'd cut it in half! I love WTWCT, Steal Your Heart Away, Miranda, Thrown Down....

But stuff like Come and Murrow???? C'mon, those belonged on a solo album, not a FM album!
Old 12-23-2009, 11:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
She really was THE SOUND of FM. The Great Unifier!

And I agree that there were a few solid songs on SYW. It would've been a MUCH stronger album, if they'd cut it in half! I love WTWCT, Steal Your Heart Away, Miranda, Thrown Down....

But stuff like Come and Murrow???? C'mon, those belonged on a solo album, not a FM album!
I totally agree! SYW was so bloated it couldn't take off, and collapsed under it's own weight. Had the album been more concise and direct with the point it was trying to make, it could have really worked.
Old 12-24-2009, 08:44 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
I totally agree! SYW was so bloated it couldn't take off, and collapsed under it's own weight. Had the album been more concise and direct with the point it was trying to make, it could have really worked.
I loved Say You Will personally. It had an updated and contemporary feel, yet retained much of the mac sound. Lindsay had some brilliant songs (come has to be one of FM's heaviest songs), and Stevie really stepped up to the plate to deliver a bunch of great songs! I have the feeling though that if christine had stayed, many of stevies songs would have been taken off, which would not be fair.

I eagerly await the new mac album!

Merry Christmas