User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-06-2009, 10:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I think he would collaborate with FM w/o Stevie... He did for "A Fine Mess" and also before the Dance... LB loves to be in the studio w/ Mick/John and Christine...

What do you all think...?
I agree. And Lindsey and Christine were on each other's earlier solo albums. I think he loves to be in the studio with Mick and Christine. I don't know about John, although I realize that John was there for the GOS stuff.

Michele
Old 11-06-2009, 11:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I agree. And Lindsey and Christine were on each other's earlier solo albums. I think he loves to be in the studio with Mick and Christine. I don't know about John, although I realize that John was there for the GOS stuff.
John seems to be agreeable at album time to laying down his tracks & then getting the hell out. Something tells me that John doesn't enjoy sitting around the production room after tracks are down, turning knobs & discussing with Lindsey, Chris, & Mick the sonic intricacies of one track vs. another & then trying to decide which one to use.

I don't think Stevie likes doing that, either. She likes standing at the mic & singing, but not watching a mix or a master being done, which seems to take months in Fleetwood Mac's case.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 11-06-2009, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
John seems to be agreeable at album time to laying down his tracks & then getting the hell out. Something tells me that John doesn't enjoy sitting around the production room after tracks are down, turning knobs & discussing with Lindsey, Chris, & Mick the sonic intricacies of one track vs. another & then trying to decide which one to use.

I don't think Stevie likes doing that, either. She likes standing at the mic & singing, but not watching a mix or a master being done, which seems to take months in Fleetwood Mac's case.
When they told Geddy Lee that it took them a year and a million dollars to make Tusk, he stated, "They must not be very good then." lol
Old 11-06-2009, 12:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post

Yes, Mick has said that Stevie and John were the ones who cared to be around the least and so they got the least input regarding studio matters.

Michele
Old 11-06-2009, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Yes, Mick has said that Stevie and John were the ones who cared to be around the least and so they got the least input regarding studio matters.

Michele
You know what Michele... it really shows how much Christine was there for Mirage and Tango... and even BTM...

Rumours and the White album seemed to be group efforts... vs the above... studio wise anyway..
Old 11-06-2009, 02:44 PM

Quote:

Michele
That's the impression I get... I think Stevie causes him a lot of grief when they are together in the studio...
Old 11-06-2009, 07:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh, let's take the hypothetical back further...

It's been my long time "alternate history" wish that BOTH Stevie AND Lindsey would've quit Fleetwood Mac after the end of the Tusk tour. Have Fleetwood Mac carry on with new people from 1981. (Martha Davis? Return of Bob Welch? Or?) Having those two whiny kids drag down Fleetwood Mac through the '80s is the main reason I really don't like either one of 'em. They held Fleetwood Mac hostage for an entire decade, then neither of them brought their "A" material to the band after that. I say GOOD RIDDANCE to 'em both...I don't care if a Fleetwood Mac plays venues the size of the House Of Blues, I'd still go see 'em...but, I'm not paying a dime to seem WITH Buckingham &/or Nicks anymore. F-'em!
Old 11-07-2009, 04:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I am sure they would do ok not sure how the tour would go though i do love christine and everyone else too but to me Stevie is the hook in the band i really don't think they would do well with out Stevie in my opinion the first person you think of when you hear someone say Fleetwood Mac is Stevie Nicks as far as with me with out Stevie Nicks there is no Fleetwood Mac.
Old 12-11-2009, 04:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
...I don't care if a Fleetwood Mac plays venues the size of the House Of Blues, I'd still go see 'em...but, I'm not paying a dime to seem WITH Buckingham &/or Nicks anymore. F-'em!
Though don't agree, I always respected your point about L&S and their impact in the band after Tusk. But.. how anger dear chili!! Anger, fear, aggression. The dark side are they.
Easily they flow, quick to join you in a fight. If once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will.
Anger is the path to the dark side. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering..
Old 12-12-2009, 03:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Without Lindsey, Christine tends towards the bland (her nephew's presence on ITM however was a fine antidote to this). Without Christine, Lindsey often sounds dry, almost entirely intellectual with little emotional heat. Together, they complement one another beautifully.

I love their collaborative work on Mirage and Tango. Many of the ITM songs would have sounded like Rumours-era smashes in Lindsey's hands. Many of the Say You Will/GOS/Under the Skin songs would have been better off with Christine's guiding hand.
Old 12-12-2009, 11:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
I don't care if a Fleetwood Mac plays venues the size of the House Of Blues, I'd still go see 'em
Oh my god ... what an unbelievably appealing, tantalizing thought. Lindsey, Christine, Mick and John performing at the House of Blues.

I don't go see Fleetwood Mac as they are these days, but I would be helping with the breakfast dishes to be first in line for those four at the HOB.

Imagine it ... no backup singers, no backup musicians ... just the four of them. The show opens with "Get Like You Used To Be."

They'd do one Stevie song, maybe "Rhiannon," trading vocals, and Lindsey would screw them up.

Stop me before I start to cry, because I'll never get to see this most incredible concert.
Old 12-13-2009, 12:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
They'd do one Stevie song, maybe "Rhiannon," trading vocals, and Lindsey would screw them up.
Actually, it would be interesting to think about which Stevie song they'd do. Landslide has that universal, hold hands and rock back and forth feel to it, so they might do that, because it's closest to being the anthem type of song that Don't Stop is. Then, they'd probably do Dreams because it went to #1.

For Landslide, Christine could do the vocals alone, like she does for Songbird. Then for Dreams they could trade lines. Well, that's my vision.

Michele
Old 12-13-2009, 12:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

From a commercial standpoint, I think the band would've been fine without Stevie, especially after Tusk. Christine and Lindsey were popular enough at the time, and the Fleetwood Mac brand was still a force to be reckoned with.

The thing is, I still think Lindsey wanted to be much more experimental than what the confinds of Fleetwood Mac would allow, and would probably have done solo albums anyway. But, with Stevie not there, I think he would have been more relaxed in that situation.

THE Stephen Hopkins