Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-12-2018, 11:15 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
WHY was he unhappy?

She ruined a once very creative band. And Buck Vie WAS Fleetwood Mac, and should have been labeled as such.

On your last point, we disagree. They're past the point of reinvention. They're old, with their image cemented forever. I think ANY new lineup is a f*cking embarrassment to their legacy. I'm certain that Stevie's EGO would disagree with me.
Completely agree with you
Old 04-12-2018, 11:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I have the same experience with her. I was actually coming around again... but, the things I've heard.... $he played thi$ very well. Mick is a pimp, it'$ Stevie pulling the strings. People can't and won't see it.
Accurate description of what actually happened, whether the chiffonheads want to believe it or not. It's ok though, they'll die worshipping her and thinking that in every thing she does there's a valid reason for it. And a bit of golden dust. And of course, everything she does is because she loves them.

Awwww, how sweet is that?
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 04-12-2018, 11:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i wonder what is this based on?

from everything we've seen he's become way more down to earth, grounded person with age.

but when he's in stevie's company, it seems they both can't resist pushing each others' buttons till one of them explodes. she even said that in that 2014 RS interview. and the fact that interview even existed in the middle of the mac tour was her pushing buttons to the max - his and everyone's else's in the band. how did that happen that her publicist was somehow inexplicably publicist for the whole band too? got a call for band interview and turned it to Stevie-only interview? who was hugely egocentric self-serving diva in that case?

via GIPHY

Old 04-12-2018, 11:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
What if Lindsey kind of angled to get himself fired...
Maybe he didn’t want one huge tour with no new Fleetwood Mac music.
Like he said “close your eyes and take the money” maybe didn’t appeal anymore

He has a new LP waiting for release and he is still the artistic one.
No one knows what exactly went down between FIVE of them (yet)
If he tried to get back in the band once he was fired, he clearly wasn't trying to get fired...

If you're waiting to know what went down between the FIVE of them, that will never happen, but we know that only TWO of them (not Christine and John) forced tour promoters to choose between Lindsey and Stevie. That's a fact. And you don't get to that point without a previous fight.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 04-12-2018, 11:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
nope. the only official statement is that he will not be touring with them.

not that he didn't want to. he will not be touring with them, because they will not allow it.
It's nicer to say he didn't want to.

Everybody knows Lindsey was the driving force behing FM. To even suggest he didn't want to tour is ridiculous, even for Stevie's fans. They know it but they still go on with their "we don't know anything for sure/he wanted to go" theory. It's useless. You, me and many others here know what happened.

And his family confirmed it.
Old 04-12-2018, 11:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think she should have left with him. I'm angry with her for not doing so. If she said, "kick him out, and I'm gone too". There's NO WAY they could have let that scenario happen!

I was so touched by BV(I cried at both shows I saw), that her not saving the day by standing up for him, makes me think the whole thing was a farce, now.
Agree. No matter what loyalty you may have to Mick. If he was wrong firing Lindsey just because Stevie gave him an ultimatum, he was wrong, and she should have stepped up and speak. And yet...
Old 04-12-2018, 11:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
If he tried to get back in the band once he was fired, he clearly wasn't trying to get fired...

If you're waiting to know what went down between the FIVE of them, that will never happen, but we know that only TWO of them (not Christine and John) forced tour promoters to choose between Lindsey and Stevie. That's a fact. And you don't get to that point without a previous fight.

Right, hadn’t heard that he tried to get back..
That throws a different light, naturally.
Old 04-12-2018, 12:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
Right, hadn’t heard that he tried to get back..
That throws a different light, naturally.
Is this based on anything other than an passing comment someone made that there MAY be a lawsuit of some sort going on presently?
Old 04-12-2018, 12:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feather Blade View Post
Is this based on anything other than an passing comment someone made that there MAY be a lawsuit of some sort going on presently?
You’d have to ask ButtonLip....I was just replying to their statement.
Old 04-12-2018, 01:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Why does it has to be a passing comment? Many people have known for two months this was coming. Were they wrong? No. So do they have to be wrong with the rest of the story? I don't think so.
Old 04-12-2018, 01:43 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
On your last point, we disagree. They're past the point of reinvention. They're old, with their image cemented forever. I think ANY new lineup is a f*cking embarrassment to their legacy. I'm certain that Stevie's EGO would disagree with me.
Right, and the thing that's so frustrating about this "reinvention" narrative is that it implies they're still a band that creates music. They are not and haven't been for some time now, and that (I have no doubt) was at the root of this "disagreement" that led to Lindsey's firing.
Old 04-12-2018, 01:44 PM
Registered

Quote:
Why does it has to be a passing comment? Many people have known for two months this was coming. Were they wrong? No. So do they have to be wrong with the rest of the story? I don't think so.
I personally was rather shocked to find out on Twitter that this news has been circulating in the FM community for that long. If it's two months that means the blow up must then have happened at MusiCares or soon after.
Old 04-12-2018, 01:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
So an official source has stated that Lindsey is/was trying to get back into the band somehow? Can you clarify your earlier comment? I'm confused. Thanks...
Old 04-12-2018, 01:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
So an official source has stated that Lindsey is/was trying to get back into the band somehow? Can you clarify your earlier comment? I'm confused. Thanks...
It's complete bulls&&it.
Old 04-12-2018, 01:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
how do you read that as he didn't want to??????????
I wasn't being disingenuous. I literally can't keep up. This isn't the only thing I have going on in my life. Call me when it's over.