Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-16-2018, 12:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Of course they had it planned before they ousted him. $tevie played this perfectly.
True. Stevie must have floated it by him to make sure he'd be available and willing.

I wonder if he feels even a smidge guilty, considering how much he claims to respect Lindsey?

Last edited by sodascouts; 06-16-2018 at 12:20 PM..
Old 06-16-2018, 12:12 PM
Dr.Brown
This message has been deleted by Dr.Brown. Reason: Leaving this site due to heavy-handed mod michelej1
Old 06-16-2018, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
True. Stevie must have floated it by him to make sure he'd be available and willing.

I wonder if he feels even a smidge guilty, consider how much he claims to respect Lindsey?
$$$$ washes all the guilt away.
Old 06-16-2018, 03:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Just ridiculous. Those are basically Lindsey's own words.
Old 06-16-2018, 03:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

I think everyone is freaking out over nothing. Of course Mick is going to say these things. My prediction will come true of them doing a new song in concert just to try to legitimize the band so everyone thinks they are the real deal. What else is Mick going to say? Of course he is being very optimistic about creativity and music. I don't see him saying anything other than what he has to say to convince himself and others this is not some replacement to do one final tour.
Old 06-16-2018, 07:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Mick you are an a$$h$ole!
Old 06-16-2018, 09:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post

Meanwhile, I think I detect a hint of actual meaning behind his rambling.

Nancy points out that the logic doesn't fit because "how can he say that they considering disbanding after firing Lindsey when they fired him in order for the band to tour?"

My theory for translating what he's saying is that there were at least two main factions (an anti-LB side spearheaded by Stevie and (in response to that) a pro-LB side solely or primarily constituted by Christine) and that all of Mick's musings about "taking a real, meaningful breath," "galvanizing," "needing to feel good about it" are references to the reservations on the side of the pro-LB faction, and the efforts by the anti-LB side to convince them. But whenever Mick speaks, he only permits himself to talk of the LB-less band as if it's a five-legged octopus missing one tentacle and has only one collective brain controlling its decisions, which results in this conflated nonsense.

So I think that what he is saying is probably an accurate description of what happened per se, once you translate it to two account for the existence of the two factions, and read between the lines accordingly.

But yes, as a statement of record, it ends up sounding contradictory in the way it's currently phrased.
I don't think his phrasing is an accident. I think he's purposefully trying to obfuscate what really happened. He is making it sound like they all had a crisis when really it was just Christine who was upset, and she found out after the fact. He's being deliberately misleading, IMHO, and that is as dishonest as an outright lie.

Old 06-16-2018, 10:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
I don't think his phrasing is an accident. I think he's purposefully trying to obfuscate what really happened. He is making it sound like they all had a crisis when really it was just Christine who was upset, and she found out after the fact. He's being deliberately misleading, IMHO, and that is as dishonest as an outright lie.
More so, in my book, as it requires so much forethought and planning. It's so malicious. It's depressing, the lack of balls here. And for Mick, no less.

Old 06-17-2018, 05:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Hot off the presses!!! NEW ALBUM TITLE!!!

FLEETWOOD MAC - JUMPS THE SHARK
Old 06-17-2018, 07:36 AM
Senior Ledgie

Lemonfan - great title!! I love it.

This situation is so sad. Mick is doing PR, but still! I'd like to think that one or two of the members would have a conscience and a respect for their own legacy. I keep hoping common sense will prevail, but I guess not.
Old 06-17-2018, 11:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by snroxman View Post
Lemonfan - great title!! I love it.

This situation is so sad. Mick is doing PR, but still! I'd like to think that one or two of the members would have a conscience and a respect for their own legacy. I keep hoping common sense will prevail, but I guess not.
had it been a situation where Lindsey said 'I've had enough, I'm out' I would look at this situation so differently.....not that I would be enthused in the least, but at least I'd have an ear bent toward hearing the new results. Not now, not at all. I'm not understanding this at all, this bit from Mick about 'being creative' sounds like it came from a script written by Lindsey.

I think it really is about Stevie not wanting to work with him anymore. If she had, they would be! So, continued respect for Stevie the artist but Stevie the Diva looks about as bad as it gets.
Old 06-17-2018, 11:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 06-17-2018, 11:51 AM
Dr.Brown
This message has been deleted by Dr.Brown. Reason: Leaving this site due to heavy-handed mod michelej1
Old 06-17-2018, 12:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Mick Fleetwood is so messed up in the head (we've all known for years) that I have to admit it IS fun to knock him over and over. In the Seventies, when he headed Seedy, he had integrity, if not personally then at least for Fleetwood Mac. He rightfully slammed Frampton for allowing himself to be marketed with gimmicky saturation campaigns (tchotchkes and other giveaways packed inside albums), and prevented Fleetwood Mac from being packaged and sold in like manner. But the integrity in Mick completely withered up within, say, five years of that. It was actually fun in those days being a fan of a superstar band that was so hip because of its music and its self-management. I remember how cool I thought it was that a band whose music was not a sellout also didn't crassly market itself like a Teen Beat idol. It was a rock band in those days, first and last. Probably without much in the way of obstruction from the others, Mick took it down over the years with his wines and eateries and his stupid lineups and all his other crap, so it's fun raking him over the hot coals. It's self-sustaining.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 06-17-2018, 12:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

When I saw the dollar signs, I immediately knew what this thread was about.
Old 06-17-2018, 05:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
no-creativity water-treading shameless a$$hole going by the name Mick Fleetwood.

i'm sorry, but how can anyone calling themselves any era FM fan (Peter Green, Bob Welch, Classic 5, post-Rumours - any version and/or members) give money to this guy in concert is way way beyond me. every time he opens his mouth he buries the current FM version deeper and deeper.

this Mick guy apparently doesn't seem to have an ounce of creativity left in him. he recycles Lindsey's words about treading water, importance of remaining creative, or throwing out some music as calling cards before the tour... so nauseating.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/mick-fleet...kip=1529090510

Mick Fleetwood on the new Fleetwood Mac: 'It's important to remain creative and not tread water'
Mick is many things. Greedy and self serving yes, but of those many things-An orifice is not one of them. You ought to be ashamed of the hate and dare I say it, DEFAMATION you are spreading, given you get so upset when your boyfriend Lindsey is defamed. No doubt you won't like to hear this but you need to listen and take it on board. I know he's not actually your boyfriend and yes I'm antagonizing you by saying that but YOU are antagonizing me and other fans of Mick by calling him an a-hole.
Old 06-17-2018, 06:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Of course they had it planned before they ousted him. $tevie played this perfectly.
This. Stevie wanted him in the band and knew he would do it. I think the idea of Mike being in the band has been forming ever since Tom died.