Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Christine McVie
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-14-2006, 10:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Christine helps out...

Christine has acknowledged when Lindsey or Stevie has helped her with a song. She's said Lindsey worked very close with her on a number of her tunes, and Stevie gave her the "I can't walk away from you baby if I tried" line for "Oh Daddy."

Anyone know of examples where the opposite scenario's true? Any Stevie songs where Christine came up with a key part in the words, melody, or instrumenation? Any cases with Lindsey?
Old 05-15-2006, 03:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm not sure about Stevie or Lindsey but Bob Welch has acknowledged that Christine played in a big part in getting the tempo right for Hynotised

Gail
Old 05-15-2006, 05:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gailh
I'm not sure about Stevie or Lindsey but Bob Welch has acknowledged that Christine played in a big part in getting the tempo right for Hynotised

Gail
Yes, that's true. She has also said that she & Bob worked very closely together on that entire album.

She & Lindsey did work on each other's Tango songs, as far as writing goes. Chris started "Mystified" & Lindsey added to it. Lindsey started "You And I Part II & Chris added to it.

John McVie also did give her a bit of credit for "Forever". He said that he was playing along to a drum machine. She heard the riff & then took it from there. That was in his Q & A. Also, he was playing around with that great bass part on "The Chain". She heard it & said, "I LIKE that" & it stayed in the song.

Last edited by macfan 57; 05-15-2006 at 05:38 AM..
Old 05-15-2006, 10:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfan 57
Yes, that's true. She has also said that she & Bob worked very closely together on that entire album.
How come on your Web site you renamed South Orange as Oakland?
And where is your US Fest soundboard?!

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 05-15-2006, 10:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
How come on your Web site you renamed South Orange as Oakland?
Because there was a thread a while back here on the Ledge where you discovered that the show that was labeled South Orange/San Diego was in fact in Oakland. I believe you or someone else on the Ledge could hear Stevie mention that they were in Oakland. I think Peter Frampton played that same day, which was in August 1975. I changed my label to correct it.

Quote:
And where is your US Fest soundboard?!
I don't have an US Festival soundboard. The show I have is definitely an audience recording. Do you have a soundboard for that show? If you do, can I have it?
Old 05-15-2006, 02:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfan 57
Because there was a thread a while back here on the Ledge where you discovered that the show that was labeled South Orange/San Diego was in fact in Oakland. I believe you or someone else on the Ledge could hear Stevie mention that they were in Oakland. I think Peter Frampton played that same day, which was in August 1975. I changed my label to correct it.
Ohhhhh yeahh..... how clear my memory is! & how reliable!
I don't remember being totally convinced by that situation, as I recall, but it was ... I think Lisa (?) who started that thread. Lisa? you around? Lisa's a great gal who has been converting a lot of her audio into CD.
Quote:
I don't have an US Festival soundboard. The show I have is definitely an audience recording. Do you have a soundboard for that show? If you do, can I have it?
It's one of those Maureen "specials"--a partial. You sure can have it because you are special & sweet & a swinging gal to have on the ledge, even though sometimes I yell at you. What should I do? burn you a cd? what's easiest for you? I seem to recall my cd from maureen having a label on it which rendered it unburnable. However I think I have some high-quality MP3s. should I post those? do you care about the slight lossy aspect of mp3 vs. cd? I sent that cd to Bob once & he tried to copy it but he couldn't copy it either, thanks to that ****ing label.

PEOPLE STOP PUTTING STUPID LABELS ON YOUR CDS!!

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 05-15-2006, 03:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It's one of those Maureen "specials"--a partial. You sure can have it because you are special & sweet & a swinging gal to have on the ledge, even though sometimes I yell at you. What should I do? burn you a cd? what's easiest for you? I seem to recall my cd from maureen having a label on it which rendered it unburnable. However I think I have some high-quality MP3s. should I post those? do you care about the slight lossy aspect of mp3 vs. cd? I sent that cd to Bob once & he tried to copy it but he couldn't copy it either, thanks to that ****ing label.

PEOPLE STOP PUTTING STUPID LABELS ON YOUR CDS!!
I know all about those labels. I have 1 CD that has a nice, fancy looking label on it, but I can't even play it in the CD player on my computer, let alone even try to burn it. It does play in my regular CD player though. Actually, it's that CD that was originally labeled Orange, NJ.

If you can't burn a CD, I guess the easiest thing to do is post those high quality MP3's that you have. The lossy aspect of mp3 vs. CD doesn't bother me...as long as I can burn a CD, it's fine. You can post them here in the Chris forum. I didn't even know that there was a soundboard from that show. I thought I had all of the soundboards that are in circulation. Thanks so much!

By the way, I don't remember you ever yelling at me.

Last edited by macfan 57; 05-15-2006 at 03:38 PM..
Old 05-15-2006, 06:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Ohhhhh yeahh..... how clear my memory is! & how reliable!
I don't remember being totally convinced by that situation, as I recall, but it was ... I think Lisa (?) who started that thread. Lisa? you around? Lisa's a great gal who has been converting a lot of her audio into CD.

Yes, that was me that posted about it being Oakland '75. Here's the link to thread: http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showth...t=south+orange.
It is Oakland. Lindsey yells out the city, and Stevie mentions the city is where she and Lindsey are from.

And, thank you Dave, for the compliment.

Inspired Angel: Stevie Nicks
Old 05-15-2006, 07:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gailh

Gail
I didnt know that.
Old 05-16-2006, 03:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi
Stevie gave her the "I can't walk away from you baby if I tried" line for "Oh Daddy."
I didn't know that
Old 05-17-2006, 01:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyluva
I didn't know that

Yeah, I didn't either, until I read it right here on a link...Each songwriter explains his/her reactions to the songs on Rumors, and Chris credits Stevie withthe line.