Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-31-2016, 04:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I was finally able to catch up on the show over the weekend. Count me as less than thrilled with the reality tv show turn the show took. I was hoping for something deeper and more substantial. I seem to be the sole dissenter, though. All my friends LOVED the plot twist.

I also read an article today on how a future season will be a crossover of Coven and Murder House. Those are my two favorite seasons by far. I'm anxious to see what comes of this:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/30/entert...ven/index.html
Old 11-01-2016, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
Who plays the real butcher? Is it still Kathy bates? I couldn't find that in any reviews.
I finally stumbled upon the name of the Butcher's actress yesterday, it seems that she's a new entry by the name of Susan Berger and she previously played the aunt in Hannah Montana:

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I was finally able to catch up on the show over the weekend. Count me as less than thrilled with the reality tv show turn the show took. I was hoping for something deeper and more substantial. I seem to be the sole dissenter, though. All my friends LOVED the plot twist.

I also read an article today on how a future season will be a crossover of Coven and Murder House. Those are my two favorite seasons by far. I'm anxious to see what comes of this:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/30/entert...ven/index.html
Actually I'm not thrilled about the twist either since it wasn't so unpredictable but I enjoyed Angela Bassett's first attempt as a director so I let it slide. Murphy said that he did it because he wanted to do a sort of critique to the new reality show tv culture. He also said that there will be another twist on the last episode that will call into question again all the previous episodes. The last news are that Lana Winters will appear again, so maybe what we are seeing or will see is a report by Lana Winters for the lone survivor as an act of denunciation? This may be interesting. http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/amer...on-1201904768/

The crossover news is interesting but before I had read that the next season will examine in depth some Freak Show characters.

On another note did you see Finn Wittrock as one of the Polks brothers? He's said to be the most dangerous, I can't wait to see.
Instead I discovered that Mama Polk is played by the same actress that in Asylum played the mother of the possessed boy.
I hope that Matt's enamored state with Scathach is at least partially caused by magic, it would be a waste to leave that storyline unused.
I'm starting to think that the lone survivor will escape thanks to one of the latest people that have died.
Old 11-08-2016, 12:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thank you so much SNR! I should have checked i here sooner. I have thoroughly enjoyed your posts about this season. I can't seem to come across anyone else who's watching.

Yeah, I watched this on the FX website, where Kathy Bates meets the real butcher. Creepy as HELL. Even with Jessica Lange not around, I have to say I think this is their best season yet!
Old 11-08-2016, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
Thank you so much SNR! I should have checked i here sooner. I have thoroughly enjoyed your posts about this season. I can't seem to come across anyone else who's watching.

Yeah, I watched this on the FX website, where Kathy Bates meets the real butcher. Creepy as HELL. Even with Jessica Lange not around, I have to say I think this is their best season yet!
Yes, I enjoy talking about this seasons because it's the most interesting one since Asylum if I really have to be strict. It seems that the many fans who don't like this seasons are those who prefers Hotel and/or Coven. Coven at the time was an enjoyable change mind you, but it's not the best. Hotel is my least favourite.
However did you guys enjoy the backroung information about the famous Piggy man? The Polk son said it was his ancestor that transferred in Chicago to work as a butcher and then turned into a murderer because he became obsessed with the Butcher's. I searched back about the myth presented in the first season and it fits, he was said to be a butcher who transferred to Chicago for the Colombian Exposition and died in 1893 in a misterious accident. In my opinion this character will explored more in depth in future series.

I'm glad that Wes Bentley made his appearance in an almost ridiculous way, I want to see how the character he plays really is.

It was also interesting the little background information about the theets, about the Polks wearing necklaces made of theets as protection from the ghosts during the Blood moon. I didn't see if Angela Basset, Lee or Audrey have grabbed them, this could really help them. Also it's interesting to note that human teeth are the only part that can't be eaten by pigs, it seems. Creepy...

I also appreciated the little homage to Hostel, the scene where Sarah Paulson/Audrey gets her teeth extracted.

Do you guys really think Lee's confession was real or was it just a bluff? Or maybe it could even be both, in a twisted way, like Mason was killed by the ghosts and she let them or even traded Mason's life with something else. I just think it's too simple.

In the promo for the next episode I think I catched a glimpse of Taissa Farmiga, you can see two excursionist and one is a girl with very long ash blonde hair. Seems something very "The Blair Witch Project"-like:

Who do you think will survive? For now I place my bet on Angela Bassett.

Last edited by SisterNightroad; 11-15-2016 at 04:50 PM..
Old 11-15-2016, 05:16 PM

A few considerations about the last episode before I forget before seeing the finale:

What about the real Flora? Why had we never seen her? And how did Mason really die?
We've seen Schatach can possess people, so she probably did that, but I want to know exactly what happened.

Again with Wes Bentley's character: New Fave=Instant Kill

Was the confederate flag on the Polks' wall a clue?

Again the driver Rhett Snow. Self quoting or clue?
Old 07-21-2017, 09:51 AM
SisterNightroad
This message has been deleted by SisterNightroad.