Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-15-2014, 04:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DauphineMarie View Post

A little low quality.. but
Gorgeous! In my excitement, I completely forgot that we're getting another single album cover - LOVE. This is asking way too much, but how awesome would it be to have a set of 7" records with cover art accompanying the vinyl release?
Old 09-15-2014, 04:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

When I heard this song on BBC Radio 2 (thanks Ken). I was really excited, still am BUT after listening on BBC Playlist 3 or 4 times....I think its a tad too long!!
I still love it but it is a bit long....it repeats too much.
Old 09-15-2014, 04:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLight View Post
This is asking way too much, but how awesome would it be to have a set of 7" records with cover art accompanying the vinyl release?
How awesome would it be? My reaction would probably best be described by a song from The Lonely Island called "J*zz In My Pants"!

Classy, huh?
Old 09-15-2014, 04:46 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
When I heard this song on BBC Radio 2 (thanks Ken). I was really excited, still am BUT after listening on BBC Playlist 3 or 4 times....I think its a tad too long!!
I still love it but it is a bit long....it repeats too much.
Here we go again with the "to long" It's perfect the way it is!
Old 09-15-2014, 04:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

A lot of you have been saying that these singles are "too long and too repetitive"...but this is Stevie Nicks we are talking about...are you people NEW???
Old 09-15-2014, 04:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorcerer999 View Post
A lot of you have been saying that these singles are "too long and too repetitive"...but this is Stevie Nicks we are talking about...are you people NEW???
Not exactly, FM fan since 1969......its just a thought that's all.
Old 09-15-2014, 04:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
How awesome would it be? My reaction would probably best be described by a song from The Lonely Island called "J*zz In My Pants"!

Classy, huh?
Ha, I think I'd have the same reaction
Old 09-15-2014, 04:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
If Stevie had here way, I'm sure every song would be 12-minutes long.
Old 09-15-2014, 05:02 PM
Registered

Stevie Nicks continues to fan anticipation for her upcoming solo studio album 24 Karat Gold: Songs from the Vault with song previews. The Fleetwood Mac star's latest offering is a reworking of a late 70s Nicks-penned demo called "Starshine"

The two-time Grammy winner posted the video on Sept. 15 at her official Facebook page. The 15-second clip reveals the chorus of the uptempo pop-rocker singing the chorus, "Starshine... Oh you used to be silver/Lovelight, lover's stare. Well you used to make me shiver."

"Starshine" premiered on BBC Radio 2 where Ken Bruce debuted the full track on his show today. Click here and advance the program ahead to the 2:22:14 mark to listen to the song in its entirety. The track will be available to purchase in iTunes on Sept. 15.

Nicks rearranged and re-recorded the demo in the studio and has included it among 14 songs on "24 Karat Gold." The album is primarily an eclectic collection of self-penned songs, which the enduring pop diva recorded over the years, but never released on an album. Co-produced by Nicks along with ex-Eurythmics co-frontman Dave Stewart and longtime Nick's bandmember and session guitarist Waddy Wachtel, the tracks were newly recorded in Nashville and mixed in Los Angeles.

The veteran singer-songwriter previously previewed ten other tracks from the album earlier this month, including "The Dealer," "If You were My Love," "Mabel Normand," "Belle Fleur," "All the Beautiful Worlds," "Lady," "I Don't Care," "Hard Advice" and "Carousel" and "Cathouse Blues." "24 Karat Gold" is available for pre-order and will be released Oct. 7 on the Reprise label. Click here for more information.

The diminutive songstress will hit the road this fall with the reunited Fleetwood Mac classic line-up, which will include the newly rejoined Christine McVie. The tour kicks off the tour in on Sept. 20 in Minneapolis, Minneapolis, at Target Centre and wrap up in on Dec. 14 in Dallas, Texas, at American Airlines Centre. For more information, click here.

Did you know? Stevie Nicks has revealed the over half the songs contained on "24 Karat" are about Fleetwood Mac bandmate and ex-lover Lindsey Buckingham.

http://www.examiner.com/article/stev...song-starshine
Old 09-15-2014, 05:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I hate myself for listening to this a zillion times already. Sigh. Stevie...
Old 09-15-2014, 05:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
don't think it's as repetitive as the stuff on In Your Dreams… There is a nice musical break in the song and she doesn't have too many lyrics. I totally enjoy it.
Old 09-15-2014, 05:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
don't think it's as repetitive as the stuff on In Your Dreams… There is a nice musical break in the song and she doesn't have too many lyrics. I totally enjoy it.
That bridge is amazing!! Can't stop listening.
Old 09-15-2014, 05:19 PM
Senior Ledgie

I like it, it's good and I'm sure it will grow on me even more as time passes. I have to admit though, I think I am going to miss polished final products like her previous albums. The 24 Karat songs all have a very live feel to them (probably because most of them basically are) and I also like hearing Stevie harmonize with herself and it doesn't seem like we're going to be getting much of that. That doesn't take away from my excitement though!
Old 09-15-2014, 05:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This song is every bit as good as Enchanted and it sounds good next to The Dealer.
Old 09-15-2014, 05:39 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by On Ice View Post
Smokin' little tune, great pace and perfectly sung. We're in for a real treat here folks.
It is Smokin' indeed! I can't wait to buy the single later tonight. I know it's formally not available until tomorrow-but I seem to be able to get the singles on Itunes around 8 or 9 PM pacific time.