The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-12-2014, 11:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I loved this interview. It just seemed different than the standard interview that Stevie does. The interviewer had the facts correct for once, and Stevie said some absolutely hilarious things. Quirky things that are just so unique and loveable. And there was some new content as well, ie. the aspirin/water combo up the nose totally bizarre. I've never heard that before from her, has anyone else??? I loved that she let them print that she is wearing Birkenstocks......she strikes me as the type that wouldn't have done that 20 years ago. My guess is that she would have preferred us to think that she wore those platform boots to bed. Anyways, she is such a character, and her individual shining star shone through in this writing so clearly. Just loved it.
Old 09-12-2014, 12:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The toe is troubling. She should just start the tour with the Reeboks and not try to wear boots at all. Just let her feet be as comfortable as they can be and give the rest of her body to fashion.

Michele
Old 09-12-2014, 01:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethemac1 View Post
I loved this interview. It just seemed different than the standard interview that Stevie does. The interviewer had the facts correct for once, and Stevie said some absolutely hilarious things. Quirky things that are just so unique and loveable. And there was some new content as well, ie. the aspirin/water combo up the nose totally bizarre. I've never heard that before from her, has anyone else???
Maybe that's how the notorious rumor involving the assistant and a certain orifice got started.

Last edited by SpyNote; 09-12-2014 at 01:13 PM..
Old 09-12-2014, 01:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I loved this interview. It just seemed different than the standard interview that Stevie does. The interviewer had the facts correct for once, and Stevie said some absolutely hilarious things. Quirky things that are just so unique and loveable. And there was some new content as well, ie. the aspirin/water combo up the nose totally bizarre. I've never heard that before from her, has anyone else??? I loved that she let them print that she is wearing Birkenstocks......she strikes me as the type that wouldn't have done that 20 years ago. My guess is that she would have preferred us to think that she wore those platform boots to bed. Anyways, she is such a character, and her individual shining star shone through in this writing so clearly. Just loved it.
The whole aspirin thing was the topic of conversation here way back in 2007 "The hole in the nose thing" so knowledge of it has been around quite a while...
Old 09-12-2014, 01:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyNote View Post
Maybe that's how the notorious rumor involving the assistant and a certain orifice got started.
????? Please tell, I've never heard this topic........
Old 09-12-2014, 05:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

"To wit, she has owned the rights to a collection of Welsh myths, which she hopes to turn into a miniseries."

So the "Rhiannon" project went from being a movie...to a ballet...to an animated movie...back to being a live action movie...and NOW it's going to be a television miniseries?

If this project EVER sees the light of day, regardless of how it is presented, I will be overjoyed...but the clock is a tickin', Miss Nicks!
Old 09-12-2014, 05:51 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorcerer999 View Post
"To wit, she has owned the rights to a collection of Welsh myths, which she hopes to turn into a miniseries."

So the "Rhiannon" project went from being a movie...to a ballet...to an animated movie...back to being a live action movie...and NOW it's going to be a television miniseries?

If this project EVER sees the light of day, regardless of how it is presented, I will be overjoyed...but the clock is a tickin', Miss Nicks!

A Web series
Old 09-12-2014, 06:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabruns View Post
I love the "enough demos to do three more albums" comment the best.
Mama's been trolling the Ledge
vault deux and trois are already wheels turning in her mind
Old 09-12-2014, 06:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabruns View Post
I love the "enough demos to do three more albums" comment the best.

Exactly! In all seriousness, Ledgies have been saying that for decades. Stevie doesn't really need to ever write another song if she doe not want to. She easily still has enough quality demos in the vault, or shoebox to release at minimum 2 records. I could dig it!
Old 09-12-2014, 06:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Who's the dude sitting outside the gate on the right? He looks like a tourist? He's talking to a woman with red hair maybe?
Could it be Bob Glaub ??
Old 09-12-2014, 07:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchChain View Post
Could it be Bob Glaub ??
I never tire of that name.

That appears to be the house Mick & Christine were staying in earlier this year. It was likely taken the same day as the other full band press photos. Those definitely appear to be industry people out there- managers, publicists, or the like.
Old 09-13-2014, 11:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

So she and Lindsey aren't friends again? I thought they were getting along great and sat for hours talking. It all seems to be made up. They recycle their story over and over. Just sayin...
Old 09-13-2014, 11:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
So she and Lindsey aren't friends again? I thought they were getting along great and sat for hours talking. It all seems to be made up. They recycle their story over and over. Just sayin...
They recycle the story over and over again... but it's a pretty consistent theme, so I don't see why people think it's made up. The story has never been "We're best friends, and we hang out all the time." The story is pretty much always - "When we're together, we can sit for hours and talk and reminisce and it's great. But we really don't hang out at all when we're not working." Sometimes in the aftermath the nature of the pseudo-friendship they adopt during their "on" time together gets colored with animosity as a result of various conflicts they may have had over the course of a recording/tour... but by all accounts, this last time around they didn't have any huge issues & came out of the whole ordeal friendlier than in the past. But that doesn't mean Stevie's calling him up to go shopping or to come watch a movie or have dinner, which is what you might do with a normal friend. That, to me, is what Stevie expresses that she hopes they'll one day be able to do - be consistent friends that at least somewhat regularly spend time together.

Last edited by WildHearted; 09-13-2014 at 11:31 PM..
Old 09-14-2014, 01:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
They recycle the story over and over again... but it's a pretty consistent theme, so I don't see why people think it's made up. The story has never been "We're best friends, and we hang out all the time." The story is pretty much always - "When we're together, we can sit for hours and talk and reminisce and it's great. But we really don't hang out at all when we're not working." Sometimes in the aftermath the nature of the pseudo-friendship they adopt during their "on" time together gets colored with animosity as a result of various conflicts they may have had over the course of a recording/tour... but by all accounts, this last time around they didn't have any huge issues & came out of the whole ordeal friendlier than in the past. But that doesn't mean Stevie's calling him up to go shopping or to come watch a movie or have dinner, which is what you might do with a normal friend. That, to me, is what Stevie expresses that she hopes they'll one day be able to do - be consistent friends that at least somewhat regularly spend time together.
She is also more willing to label him a friend in any off the cuff introductions (Soldier's Angel at The Wiltern - 'oldest, dearest friend) or dedications (Landslide in Amsterdam - thanking him for his years of friendship). Press and media is a different matter. The usual pattern has been saying they're friends again near the beginning of a tour and then during the tour or after a tour, letting that slide into saying they'll never be friends. I think it actually depends on both ours and her idea of what a 'friend' is. I found the way she compared it with Mick and hers friendship last year quite well put:
Mick and I are friends in a way that Lindsey and I could never be friends. We’re just best friends. Our relationship didn’t last a long time, Mick’s and mine. It was a year. And Lindsey’s and mine’s relationship lasted from when we first met in 1968 and I joined his band up until now. Mick and I will be best friends when we’re 90. But Lindsey’s and mine’s relationship is different.
More complicated?
Much more complicated, yeah.
The 'hanging out' idea doesn't even necessarily EQUAL friendship but it's another matter on which there are some contradictions, tbh. In 2001 Stevie was saying how great it was that she could hang out with Lindsey now, that she only lived a short drive from him, etc. We also know he was hanging out at least some of the time during the making of TISL - not just for doing the guitar part on I Miss You. Stevie and a guitar player spoke about what seemed like more social visits, and he also attended the first playback for TISL.

Moving on a decade or so, and Stevie always emphasises that she called Lindsey and that he spent two days at her place (when they turned a corner, realised they could work together without being so Stevie and Lindsey, etc). He, however, has talked on more than a few occasions about spending 'a lot' of quality time with her that year. I honestly think he's pretty careful with his words most of the time and 'a lot' does NOT equal two days in anyone's book. Besides, she talked about them sitting down and listening to their SWS/IYD records back to back. He just happened to bring his on the second day of recording, and she had hers all ready to go on the same day they finished recording SA? Seems more likely he was around (hanging out?) that year more than she usually implies he was. IMO.

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 09-14-2014, 11:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetAngel86 View Post
this was hilarious.
Stevie is CRAZY.
must have been the coke making her think it was OK to do that
what the h3ll
Putting things in your nose works quicker as opposed to say swallowing them.
The gate picture is quite beautiful.