The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-04-2014, 02:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think the video was stylistic - stripped down/simple, just like the song.

I agree that the angles were repetitive and that could have been fixed. I would have preferred her sitting in that empty stadium singing but also actually playing the piano. It's a video - they could have done that even if she'd be uncomfortable actually performing that way.

Loved the red velvet drape and the longer dress. The longer dress would not have worked as well sitting at the piano. But I think her sitting and playing the piano would have made this much better.
Old 09-04-2014, 03:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think I'm over tired, but some of the comments in this thread have had me in fits of hysterics...in a good way....

Nice video, beautiful location, and yes could have been better but it's fine as it is.

Last edited by MoonSister75; 09-04-2014 at 03:54 PM.. Reason: it didn't make sense :(
Old 09-04-2014, 03:33 PM
Registered

When will this be on iTunes?
Old 09-04-2014, 03:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't know what to think of the video. Long and a bit too intensely focused on Stevie herself, who seems lost as to what to do standing there. I think there could have been a lot more drama in the video, with some lighting and angles. And those hand gestures, oh dear. The video is a bit like the song itself. Kind of gives you the feeling you have walked in on somebody posing in front of a mirror admiring herself.
Old 09-04-2014, 03:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
Great concept. Bad execution.
I agree with all of your thoughts.

Most of her videos are hack jobs. On Dave's cheaper than free videos for In Your Dreams there was some nice imagery, but if you blinked you missed it. Every frame of each scene was at the steady pace of an assault rifle.

The most admirable thing about this video is that the austere concept is entirely appropriate for the song's character. In the hands of a true fan - a professional producer with tasteful production skills, creativity, and insight, the execution of this video would have been taken to higher level. Still, it's perfect for the way it is.

Instead of a silly contest to design a shawl, a contest which encouraged up and coming film producers to submit ideas and videos for Stevie would be a good thing.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 09-04-2014 at 06:38 PM..
Old 09-04-2014, 04:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

She's standing on a box that is hidden under her skirt. No one finds that amusing?
Old 09-04-2014, 05:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by reebokandlace View Post
Well....

One question.....Was it directed by a child? Like a 10 year old? I have seen 1st year NYU film school students do a better job than this crap.

One more question.... Who allowed this to happen? Obviously at the end of the day Stevie approved this, but I can't help but wonder why, in the last few years, does she continue to make one bad decision after another? She truly is becoming a train wreck.

I am so incredibly disappointed in her. She is the only artist i have ever really connected with. Yet, I grow more dis-enchanted by her every year. I can't figure out if it is because she has changed so much or I have changed or both.

It's just sad to watch. Even the way she looks has gotten "odd". For example, there is something wrong with her upper lip the past few years, it looks like she has had one too many Botox treatments and can't really move the upper lip. Her face recently has started to have that "octolady" look to it, the plastic surgeon is pulling too much, she is gonna end up with that " joker smile" if she keeps having work done by those LA surgeons......this last video broke whatever shred I was holding on to....

I am walking away now. After 35 years I can not keep watching this. I am done. Goodbye.

" I am dancing away from her now..."
I think I'm going to pee myself. I can't quit laughing. She is getting old you dip****. Life happened.

Last edited by Jondalar; 09-04-2014 at 08:41 PM..
Old 09-04-2014, 05:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by reebokandlace View Post
Well....

One question.....Was it directed by a child? Like a 10 year old? I have seen 1st year NYU film school students do a better job than this crap.

One more question.... Who allowed this to happen? Obviously at the end of the day Stevie approved this, but I can't help but wonder why, in the last few years, does she continue to make one bad decision after another? She truly is becoming a train wreck.

I am so incredibly disappointed in her. She is the only artist i have ever really connected with. Yet, I grow more dis-enchanted by her every year. I can't figure out if it is because she has changed so much or I have changed or both.

It's just sad to watch. Even the way she looks has gotten "odd". For example, there is something wrong with her upper lip the past few years, it looks like she has had one too many Botox treatments and can't really move the upper lip. Her face recently has started to have that "octolady" look to it, the plastic surgeon is pulling too much, she is gonna end up with that " joker smile" if she keeps having work done by those LA surgeons......this last video broke whatever shred I was holding on to....

I am walking away now. After 35 years I can not keep watching this. I am done. Goodbye.

" I am dancing away from her now..."
Jesus Christ... Chill. You're certainly entitled to your opinion but mine is quite different. I don't really care how she looks; hell, she's pushing 70. I'm grateful that she is making music and still willing to put herself and her music out there. She didn't have to make a video, she doesn't even need to make live appearances to earn her keep, and she certainly could rest on her laurels and collect royalties from her past successes. I hope when I'm her age I look as good as her but more importantly I hope I still have the urge to express myself as she obviously does. And if time and age have taught me anything it's that the older I get the more I'll be doing whatever it is I choose to primarily for myself, not to please everybody out there. I say kudos to you, Stevie!
Old 09-04-2014, 05:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh good, a Dave Stewart cameo.

She looks like she's auditioning for her high school musical.

Very beautiful imagery though.

http://www.twitter.com/jtwill84
Old 09-04-2014, 05:54 PM
Senior Ledgie

Loved it. Perfect as is.
Old 09-04-2014, 06:10 PM
Senior Ledgie

Thank you for posting the link olive!

This video is good. Could be better....could be worse. It does seem like they had a limited amount of time to make it.
I think Stevie should've went all out glam and wore a big opera gown. Maybe put her hair up. I like the dress she's wearing ... except for that corset-that-isn't-a-corset top thing.

Maybe the reason why the left side of her face is shown more is because it's her 'good side'? Even though I think she doesn't have a bad side.
Yeah I agree with the hand gestures. It's always been her thing (which I use to like) but it seems like they're more literal, slow and she does them way too often these days. It reminds me of the Secret Love video.
Now that I've watched the video again, I can see that she's standing on a box. Probably to get a better shot of her on stage.

One thing I find slightly creepy is the peeking behind the curtain first person view.
Maybe it's Mick from the Harmonica Killer.
Old 09-04-2014, 06:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh my....snooze fest.......so sad. She needs to fire that dude.
Old 09-04-2014, 06:34 PM
Senior Ledgie

beautiful....just stevie...and her story.
Old 09-04-2014, 06:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandon View Post
Oh my....snooze fest.......so sad. She needs to fire that dude.
Enjoy your slumber, Bandude.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 09-04-2014 at 06:56 PM..
Old 09-04-2014, 06:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
Enjoy your slumber, sleep tight dude.
Whatever dude.