User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-27-2014, 05:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabruns View Post
Well, sort of. On vinyl it was def a double album. On CD it was a (albeit quite long) single. Lindsey was disappointed that they didn't stick to doing a "double album", so from his view, SYW actually wasn't the double album (double CD) that he hoped for.

There's perhaps something to be said for this. If SYW had been a double CD its sales would have counted double. IF it had sold the same 900,000 it did, then it would have been certified Platinum (for 1.8 million), which might have goosed the sales somewhat and maybe could have bumped it to Double Platinum. That didn't happen because SYW was a "single" so it achieved Gold status for 900,000 in sales but stopped there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by James89 View Post
I wish they would certify 'Say You Will' Platinum. It really deserves it and would be good for press when they say that their last album went Platinum.
I would think strong sales from the new album might bump SYW past the 1 million mark!
Old 08-27-2014, 08:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I want Sara - the infamous 16 minute version... With"verses forever"....
Old 08-27-2014, 11:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabruns View Post
Well, sort of. On vinyl it was def a double album. On CD it was a (albeit quite long) single. Lindsey was disappointed that they didn't stick to doing a "double album", so from his view, SYW actually wasn't the double album (double CD) that he hoped for.

There's perhaps something to be said for this. If SYW had been a double CD its sales would have counted double. IF it had sold the same 900,000 it did, then it would have been certified Platinum (for 1.8 million), which might have goosed the sales somewhat and maybe could have bumped it to Double Platinum. That didn't happen because SYW was a "single" so it achieved Gold status for 900,000 in sales but stopped there.
They should have followed with Lindsey's concept. I think the album would have been more digestible and presented better if had been broken down to a double CD format.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 08-27-2014 at 11:48 PM..
Old 08-28-2014, 02:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I admit I have not heard Joan of Arc before but why would she not release a song about one of the greatest examples of a strong, independent woman
Old 08-28-2014, 08:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by singertobe View Post
I admit I have not heard Joan of Arc before but why would she not release a song about one of the greatest examples of a strong, independent woman
I have to confess that I am not a big fan of Joan of Arc. (sorry, I know there are lots of folks out there that love it) After about the 87th repetition of that "Turn it to the wall baby" I'm ready to cut my own throat.
Old 09-07-2014, 01:27 PM
Senior Ledgie

After hearing "Lady" , I wish she would have recorded "China Doll" in the same way.
Old 09-07-2014, 03:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feather Blade View Post
I have to confess that I am not a big fan of Joan of Arc. (sorry, I know there are lots of folks out there that love it) After about the 87th repetition of that "Turn it to the wall baby" I'm ready to cut my own throat.
I so agree with you, not a fan of Joan of Arc at all, too much repetition for me as well. Unless there is another version that has more verses that make sense, I can live without that song being officially recorded. I'd love City of Hope though esp. the full version. Amongst other songs.
..."There is a legend passed down through the ages...down through the crystal visions...down through the crystal clear-water fountain...the charmed ones remain...They are mine (you remain...ooh)...."