User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-18-2010, 02:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinnygog View Post
You gotta let me know what you think about our song!!!
I can tell you already.... SOO much better... lol! It needs those heavenly overdubs. I can't imagine how dry Ghosts would sound, for example, without them!
Old 04-18-2010, 02:42 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SapphireSister View Post
Mike can you please re-post this link (it's not working) with any other Nightmare's you have? I only have one demo of poor quality.

Drownded baby!
Were you able to get this downloaded? Have you ever heard the remix that was only on vinyl? I THINK it was called a remix - or maybe it was just called the 12'' version...or was it also the regular 45rpm single version as well?! Someone here will have to clarify.

It's a different vocal than the album version and is longer - I have "Rock A Little" the same way. It's much better in my opinion - even better than the cool alternate you were looking for an active link to. I got them on the same CD that I got a perfect "Mirror Mirror" on and it's a direct digital transfer from the vinyl. Awesome quality - I'd be happy to post it here lossless.

Can someone tell me what the official title was - anyone have a scan of the label or picture sleeve? Is it "remix", "12'' version", "extended version".......
Old 04-18-2010, 02:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Were you able to get this downloaded? Have you ever heard the remix that was only on vinyl? I THINK it was called a remix - or maybe it was just called the 12'' version...or was it also the regular 45rpm single version as well?! Someone here will have to clarify.

It's a different vocal than the album version and is longer - I have "Rock A Little" the same way. It's much better in my opinion - even better than the cool alternate you were looking for an active link to. I got them on the same CD that I got a perfect "Mirror Mirror" on and it's a direct digital transfer from the vinyl. Awesome quality - I'd be happy to post it here lossless.

Can someone tell me what the official title was - anyone have a scan of the label or picture sleeve? Is it "remix", "12'' version", "extended version".......
I wish I could clarify.... but I'm not really sure about the different versions. I thought the one I had an mp3 of was the official extended version. But that was the same as the one Mike posted in lossless form...

I would LOVE to hear your direct transfer of "Rock A Little" extended version and "Mirror Mirror"... I've been searching for lossless copies of both of those for a long time! Thanks for the offer!
Old 04-18-2010, 02:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

It was labeled on the vinyl as "Vocal/Special Remix"
Old 04-18-2010, 08:29 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffd8382 View Post
I wish I could clarify.... but I'm not really sure about the different versions. I thought the one I had an mp3 of was the official extended version. But that was the same as the one Mike posted in lossless form...

I would LOVE to hear your direct transfer of "Rock A Little" extended version and "Mirror Mirror"... I've been searching for lossless copies of both of those for a long time! Thanks for the offer!
Yeah, I read that earlier in this thread and someone told you I had posted it in it's own thread lossless, so I assumed you had downloaded it! So go download it NOW!!! It's awesome quality - you'd never know it came from a cassette single. I'll upload the "Rock A Little" and "Nightmare" later today. Anyone know the official name of the "Rock A Little" vinyl version?

KarmaContestant, was the "Vocal/Special Remix" on ALL singles of "The Nightmare" or was it a bonus added track on a 12'' only? What is up with all these alternate ROCK A LITTLE songs?! I was gonna start a thread asking about them. "Talk To Me" also has an alternate released version.
Old 04-18-2010, 09:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

"The Nightmare" remix is only on the 12", not the 7". That's the album version.

"Rock A Little" was simply there on Side 2 on the UK 12" of "I Can't Wait" when it was released, no special labeling to denote it as anything different. I remember FREAKING OUT in January 1986 when I was leaving for class and listening to that "Rock A Little" for the first time and realizing it was totally different! AND that it was the PRINTED LYRICS from Rock A Little!!!! (Yes, I notice those things and obsess about them! )
Old 04-18-2010, 11:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

http://www.mediafire.com/?lbzoyz2lz23

Here's "She Still Loves Him". Remember, I said that there is some hiss, but Stevie's vocals are just amazingly clear ~ I've never heard a better version! All other vocals are warbly or cause feedback. I would love to hear even better versions, but this is the best I've found.

It was amongst Maureen's Mystery Box,
Old 04-18-2010, 11:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

http://www.mediafire.com/?mwhjzjmzqfm

Lindsay, did you ever get this outtake of "The Nightmare" to work for you?
Old 04-18-2010, 02:08 PM
Ledgie

Default The Nightmare & Rock A Little 12" versions

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffd8382 View Post

Here are the extended, alternate versions of "The Nightmare" and "Rock A Little" - digitally transferred from vinyl and here for everyone lossless.

http://www.mediafire.com/?0kk2lywzdiz

http://www.mediafire.com/?yhu2zy4g2my

Now does anyone know WHY so many songs on ROCK A LITTLE were released in alternate takes on singles than the album versions? Does anyone need the alternate "Talk To Me" - I have that one too?
Old 04-18-2010, 04:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Here's one of my favorite demo-like things of THAT'S ALRIGHT, from a CD-R called THE OTHER MIRAGE: http://www.sendspace.com/file/04mjwi

And for sing-along pleasure, here's the instrumental of SOME BECOME STRANGERS, lead vocal gone, dated 8.15.85: http://www.sendspace.com/file/iu8xjz
Dave! where the h*ll did that take of that's alright come from? I've never heard that EVER...in all my years of collecting stuff.

How'd I miss that? ::Scratches head::

Alex
Old 04-18-2010, 05:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
Dave! where the h*ll did that take of that's alright come from? I've never heard that EVER...in all my years of collecting stuff.

How'd I miss that? ::Scratches head::

Alex
Yes, David! Wow!!!! What other Stevie songs are on this The Other Mirage that this "That's Alright" comes from? It's amazing and so completely different!

Lisa, is this one of Maureen's CDs, too? I never had this!!! Too cool!!!
Old 04-18-2010, 06:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I checked through an old list of Maureen's stuff, and this isn't listed. I think this came out after she quit selling. Here's the track list I have for it.

The Other Mirage - Gypsy/If You Were My Love/Smile At You/Straight Back/
That's Alright/I've Been Loving You Too Long/EOTW/ Gypsy (early take)/
Gypsy (slow version)/Gypsy (short version)/
Gypsy (long version)/Straight Back (early take)/Straight Back (long version)/
That's Alright/That's Alright (long version)

I may need to dig this one out this week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebise View Post
Yes, David! Wow!!!! What other Stevie songs are on this The Other Mirage that this "That's Alright" comes from? It's amazing and so completely different!

Lisa, is this one of Maureen's CDs, too? I never had this!!! Too cool!!!

Inspired Angel: Stevie Nicks
Old 04-18-2010, 07:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by APerfectLie View Post
This one doesn't work.
Here's my favorite SOTM:

SISTERS OF THE MOON (Stevie OVERLAPPING herself, and with Christine vocals):

http://www.mediafire.com/?mzm11jyk1yw

SN: 4/6/11
I met my angel: 3/31/09
Old 04-18-2010, 08:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetAngel95 View Post
Here's my favorite SOTM:

SISTERS OF THE MOON (Stevie OVERLAPPING herself, and with Christine vocals):

http://www.mediafire.com/?mzm11jyk1yw
Thanks Miranda, I love this!
Old 04-18-2010, 10:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Here are the extended, alternate versions of "The Nightmare" and "Rock A Little" - digitally transferred from vinyl and here for everyone lossless.

http://www.mediafire.com/?0kk2lywzdiz

http://www.mediafire.com/?yhu2zy4g2my

Now does anyone know WHY so many songs on ROCK A LITTLE were released in alternate takes on singles than the album versions? Does anyone need the alternate "Talk To Me" - I have that one too?
Thank you very much for uploading these!! The RAL track is definitely a sonic upgrade, and the Nightmare sounds great (I had NOT heard this version and it ROCKS!) I did do a check of the spectrum and there does appear to be a drop off at just under 20 kHz, which would normally indicate a possible lossy source (but still good HQ).... but maybe this is a result of the method used to transfer the sound from the vinyl LP.. not sure about that, but thought I should pass on what I found.

It still sounds awesome though, and I REALLY appreciate the upload!!!