Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-14-2013, 03:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
that is scary!

it's been floating around fb for the last few days... thanks for bringing it here.
I remember seeing this on tv in 81/82. We ALWAYS watched Toppop, hosted by Ad Visser. So to my knowledge, this was in the Netherlands, I was very psyched seeing him in my fave popprogramme, but was freaked/scared out a little too

But, the rythmic shoesoleshowoff still is frigging brilliant.

Last edited by shackin'up; 02-14-2013 at 03:22 PM..
Old 02-14-2013, 03:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
But, the rythmic shoesoleshowoff still is frigging brilliant.
I was noticing that. It gets a little steep at times. There's a certain skill involved. I could just see tipping myself right over if I tried that.

Michele
Old 02-14-2013, 03:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Okay, It's clear: it was on Dutch TV on feb 20th 1982, TOPPOP, broadcasted by AVRO, hosted by Ad Visser. I was sitting on the floor before our black and white TV with a beating heart that day, yelling " shhhhh Shut up! " to my brothers who were making fun of him. OK, they had a point, and I got them hooked on L&O anyway, later on.... I had just turned 16.

Last edited by shackin'up; 02-14-2013 at 03:45 PM..
Old 02-15-2013, 04:24 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
Okay, It's clear: it was on Dutch TV on feb 20th 1982, TOPPOP, broadcasted by AVRO, hosted by Ad Visser. I was sitting on the floor before our black and white TV with a beating heart that day, yelling " shhhhh Shut up! " to my brothers who were making fun of him. OK, they had a point, and I got them hooked on L&O anyway, later on.... I had just turned 16.
Thanks for this info and your memories of watching

I was certain it wasn't from the UK TOTP so nice to know for sure when and where it was shown.
Old 02-15-2013, 04:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsfan View Post
Jesus, man he does look very insane. Now I know why his next solo album was named Go Insane.
Old 02-15-2013, 06:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Haha omg I love him trying to lip sync. I actually find it endearing that they don't do it that well. I can't remember the other video, it was an FM song, but they all looked bored out of their minds. I can imagine it's quite difficult to do, especially trying to look like you're playing as well. He looks hella crazy in that video! lol What was he on?! Love it though And that GIF is amazing
Old 02-19-2013, 07:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KindOfWoman90 View Post
I can't remember the other video, it was an FM song, but they all looked bored out of their minds.
"Big Love". Lindsey's lip synching on that is ATTROCIOUS! Stevie and Chris got it better at it later on. Some of the older videos (I'm talking MTV videos) like "Gypsy" and "Hold Me", though good videos, had some pretty dire lip synching, but by "Seven Wonders" and "Little Lies", they were doing ok. Lindsey never seemed to get any better at it, bless him
Old 09-05-2015, 09:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

New Jersey 1015

http://nj1015.com/5-top-10-1980s-rec...-like-totally/

5 Top-10 1980s records you have forgotten, like totally

By Craig AllenSeptember 5, 2015 3:29 PM

Here at New Jersey 101.5 and nj1015.com, we LOVE the 1980s!

Especially, the music…on an “AWESOME ’80s LABOR DAY WEEKEND!”

Stay close to WIN tickets to see Rick Springfield, Loverboy and the Romantics at the PNC Bank Arts Center, from New Jersey 101.5! If you’re a New Jersey Insider, you can inside information to help you win.

Here at New Jersey 101.5 and nj1015.com, we LOVE the 1980s!

Especially, the music…on an “AWESOME ’80s LABOR DAY WEEKEND!”

Stay close to WIN tickets to see Rick Springfield, Loverboy and the Romantics at the PNC Bank Arts Center, from New Jersey 101.5! If you’re a New Jersey Insider, you can inside information to help you win.

Lindsey Buckingham “Trouble” (#9/1982)

Buckingham started his musical journey in the California band “Fritz.” There, he met Stevie Nicks, who was the lead singer.

Buckingham started his musical journey in the California band “Fritz.” There, he met Stevie Nicks, who was the lead singer.

“Trouble” was Lindsey Buckingham’s first solo hit, debuting on the Hot Hits charts in November 1981. It is also the only song on the “Law And Order” album where he doesn’t play drums! That honor goes to Mick Fleetwood.

In an interesting twist, Buckingham felt that there weren’t any drum sessions that were “solid” from start to finish…so he isolated about 4 seconds of drums, and used this tape loop throughout the song!

As you enjoy the video, there are a few faces you might recognize, including: Mick Fleetwood, Bob Welch (former Fleetwood Mac guitarist) and Tom Petty!

Fleetwood Mac “Big Love” (#5/1987)

As long as we are on the subject of Fleetwood Mac, their musical catalog is full of huge hits that go largely unnoticed today. The fact that they are touring as you read this, may help to jog the casual fans’ memory …

What can be said about the band’s exploits (drug problems and in-band hookups) that isn’t widely known? So, I’ll move on to a fun fact that I learned of recently, and have shared with you on-air.

In a January magazine interview, Christine McVie describes the band’s rather unique pre-show ritual: “Before shows, we rub elbows and growl.” McVie says it all started when someone had a cold. “We didn’t want to hug each other. So, we started rubbing elbows. And we don’t kiss. We just go, Grrrr

“Big Love” can be found on the “Tango In The Night” album. Originally, Lindsey Buckingham wrote the song with the idea that it would be a part of one of his solo albums.

He describes the song as a “Lustful mid-to-up tempo number featuring love grunts.” While many fans (including me) assumed they were voiced by Stevie Nicks…its Lindsey’s voice processed through an oscillator!

Grrrr, indeed!

Fleetwood Mac “Grrr’ed” in Atlantic City earlier this year, and has been touring Europe this summer.