Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-23-2017, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
sheesh people! judgemental much? not everyone is patient and can wait like you two apparently can, some of us are inpatient!
No, I don't want to bring you down, No I never meant to give you a frown...
Old 05-23-2017, 04:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Not excited to drive into Boston on a Wed. night.
I'm going to the Boston show, and no way would I even consider driving. Take the T. The venue is on the Silver Line, which you get to from South Station. I will probably drive to Braintree on the Red Line and go from there to South Station, although if the commuter rail runs late enough, I might use that option. (I haven't researched yet how late the commuter rail runs at night, but the Silver Line/Red Line run until after midnight.) The Blue Hills Bank Pavillion website says:

Quote:
Public Transportation

To get to the Blue Hills Bank Pavilion by public transport, make your way to the South Station via either the MBTA subway, commuter rail, or bus.

From the South Station you can connect with the MBTA Silver Line Waterfront (one level above the Red Line, one level below the food court) to Silver Line Way.

You will see then see Blue Hills Bank Pavilion which is a short walk from this stop.
Old 05-23-2017, 06:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Me too. I couldn't care less what some idiot reviewer thinks. I'll give it my best shot at being the next love of my life.
And God knows we need some love in our lives.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 05-23-2017, 11:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
And God knows we need some love in our lives.
I know! My toys are old!
Old 05-24-2017, 05:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

ok, so I just placed my order for the vinyl, and got these other goodies:
Sgt. Pepper deluxe 6 disc set
Jethro Tull Songs From the Wood box set
Vashti Bunyan - Just Another Diamond Day vinyl w/bonus 7 inch.

good times a comin'!
Old 05-24-2017, 08:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Not excited to drive into Boston on a Wed. night.
Being more specific, it is not a fear of driving into a big city. It's the 90 min. drive home down the dark Mass Pike when I am exhausted after a show on a workday that I am not thrilled about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
I'm going to the Boston show, and no way would I even consider driving. Take the T. The venue is on the Silver Line, which you get to from South Station. I will probably drive to Braintree on the Red Line and go from there to South Station, although if the commuter rail runs late enough, I might use that option. (I haven't researched yet how late the commuter rail runs at night, but the Silver Line/Red Line run until after midnight.) The Blue Hills Bank Pavillion website says:
You will probably roll your eyes or laugh at me but I took the train with a friend into Boston a few years back for a SN concert and with all the transfers we had to do it was scary for me. My friend knew the route perfectly and those trains were packed. We got separated for a bit and I had forgotten my cell phone. Had I lost contact with my friend I would still be wandering around all these years later looking for the right train to take.
Old 05-24-2017, 09:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Being more specific, it is not a fear of driving into a big city. It's the 90 min. drive home down the dark Mass Pike when I am exhausted after a show on a workday that I am not thrilled about.

You will probably roll your eyes or laugh at me but I took the train with a friend into Boston a few years back for a SN concert and with all the transfers we had to do it was scary for me. My friend knew the route perfectly and those trains were packed. We got separated for a bit and I had forgotten my cell phone. Had I lost contact with my friend I would still be wandering around all these years later looking for the right train to take.
No eye-rolling from me, that does sound scary. Glad you were ok.
Old 05-24-2017, 06:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I know! My toys are old!
Oh, toys are good! They don't talk, they don't complain, they fulfill their task (almost every time).

Can't wait for my concerts!
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 05-24-2017, 07:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Had I lost contact with my friend I would still be wandering around all these years later looking for the right train to take.
Actually, there's a song about that. It's called "Charlie on the MTA." We can update the title to "Vivfox on the MBTA." LOL

Suit yourself about getting there. For myself, I hate sitting in my car in heavy urban traffic, and I hate not being sure of how to get to where I'm going, and I hate having to pay an arm and a leg for parking. I grew up in Boston, and I know how to get around on the T, and I find it easy and enjoyable to take the T to get places in Boston and Cambridge.
Old 05-24-2017, 09:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I would imagine we are going to start to have a lot more activity in the next few days. Interview, television appearances etc...
Old 05-24-2017, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
I would imagine we are going to start to have a lot more activity in the next few days. Interview, television appearances etc...
Let's hope so!
Old 05-25-2017, 08:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
If we don't then they and their pr / marketing people have dropped the ball once again, like we've been used to from so many times in the past. I have hope this time will be different!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-25-2017, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
If we don't then they and their pr / marketing people have dropped the ball once again, like we've been used to from so many times in the past. I have hope this time will be different!
It's so frustrating.
Old 05-25-2017, 11:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

15 more days. Any new tracks dropping tomorrow????!!!!!!!

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 05-25-2017, 12:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
15 more days. Any new tracks dropping tomorrow????!!!!!!!
looks like they dropped that Making Of video you can see in the other thread! that was really great!!