User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-15-2017, 08:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
I don't remember talking to you about this subject...
Oh, my mistake. I'll just put you back on 'ignore.'
Old 10-15-2017, 08:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
No need to. I was out of this place for two months because of family issues. I can leave again so you can do your thing.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 10-15-2017, 11:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I hate to say this but Christine's voice has gotten weaker since the last tour. Also I don't think she ever recovered from that hand accident because she barely plays. I just don't think they should tour after this anymore with FM. I do think they probably have one more album in them as you can sing much better in a studio. I've done it and it's MUCH harder to sing in front of an audience with the band playing live then in the comfort of a studio.
Old 10-16-2017, 12:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Yes I know, I was not expecting it but just holding out hope. I love their new album but I am such a fan of Christine's solo work that I want to hear her play at least one song.
Also, too much has been invested in those karaoke tracks to change anything up
If it helps, I would gladly sing back up on Got a hold on me
Ugh, it NEVER HAPPENED! Just like Time, BTM, SYW, Bob Welch, or barely even acknowledging Peter Green(who?)!

As much as this is pretty much my FAVORITE FM project since Mirage, I can't and won't stop mocking the KARAOKE tracks. Lame, and lazy is what it is. Makes them look like hacks... That said, I'm back in line, 2 weeks from tonight!!!!

I'd kill to hear Chris' solo songs. She's (unfortunately) not proud of them?
Old 10-16-2017, 12:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Could you please STOP defending Stevie for 10 seconds, like she's your Mother. Good god.
Old 10-16-2017, 12:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
No need to. I was out of this place for two months because of family issues. I can leave again so you can do your thing.
Don't you dare leave!

I'm so sorry that you've had family issues, and I(we) completely understand. You're a valuable asset to this site, and I would miss you terribly!
Old 10-16-2017, 01:21 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdm6789 View Post
Okay you need to listen to You Make Loving Fun again because that is literally one of Fleetwood Mac’s top five best songs. Everything about that song is perfect. It’s also been played at every show since christine has been back.
I took another listen, and yes, it's funky in a good way. It's honestly too bad that time ages voices because how she sings now isn't as good as it was. Of course, I wish that she could sing this better and it sounded like she did in comparison to the LV show.

---------------------------------------

bwboy, elle, and Steviegirl, thank you for the kind words.

Also, I'm pretty sure that someone a few seats to the left of me had a Kiln House vinyl that they were holding.

As for why this is a separate post, I was typing for about 2-3 hours, and I wasn't aware that FMM2 already made a thread by the time I finished it.

Welcome back, button-lip!
Old 10-16-2017, 01:29 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilsrain View Post
I was there and to the OP: yes I was urging my wife to get up and dance at the beginning of the new songs and was like let's do ittttt but same thing. People were very shy for the first half of the show! You could tell they (the band) had more fun when everyone got up though.

I really hope that line at the end means there's more of this. They should frankly have done this sooner and just been recording like this all these years and not waiting around for Stevie to give her blessing. I guess hindsight as they'd never done this before. This new album and most the songs on it (except game of pretend and lay down for free -- which they sadly closed the show out with and I think are the weakest songs on there by far) is pretty solid. It feels like Mirage 2.

The show was good. I enjoyed the set and was thankful they played mostly new songs. I would have liked to hear a couple more solo songs that we don't get often (or ever) maybe "Love Will Show Us How" or "Got A Hold On Me" would have been a great addition, and I probably would have subtracted the last two songs from the set for that.

Something I noticed as I got up front and stood right in front of Chris for most of the 2nd half-- Her keyboard is kept very low volume most of the time. I see Brett playing a lot of the piano licks or doubling them. She almost looks nervous and shaky to me. Is that an age thing or has she always been kinda averse to the limelight? I may have been overthinking this but I feel like vocally she didn't sound all that confident in herself either.
Same, I hope for another Buckingham McVie project, but I hope Lindsey doesn't consolidate his upcoming solo album in January for that because presumably, he would have to cut it in half. Then, we may either have to wait for the cut material to come out in another album, which who knows when that will be gotten to due to the FM schedule. Sorry, if this got a little off-topic, but I'm just being fearful in my speculating.

I hope someone yells out "Carnival Begin" during this tour, so that he knows that would be great to hear live.

Glad to hear that you enjoyed the show as well! Yeah, I wished that they would change up the set list a little.
Old 10-16-2017, 04:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
I hate to say this but Christine's voice has gotten weaker since the last tour. Also I don't think she ever recovered from that hand accident because she barely plays. I just don't think they should tour after this anymore with FM. I do think they probably have one more album in them as you can sing much better in a studio. I've done it and it's MUCH harder to sing in front of an audience with the band playing live then in the comfort of a studio.
As you get older your vocal chords change. For some it happens early and some can make it to 80 before the change. George Takei was on Howard Stern talking about this. George makes a lot of money announcing things. He just turned 80 and was saying he is starting to get the change to sound like an old guy. No doubt Christine struggles at times. I just think its a miracle she is up there at 74. Its a blessing. I LOVE how she loves to perform again and tour (and at 74). As long as she is having fun, I am having fun. She could do sock puppets while Lindsey plays and I would still be happy
Old 10-16-2017, 11:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
As much as this is pretty much my FAVORITE FM project since Mirage, I can't and won't stop mocking the KARAOKE tracks. Lame, and lazy is what it is. Makes them look like hacks... That said, I'm back in line, 2 weeks from tonight!!!!
I completely agree with you on this. I love the album in spite of it what I view as its shortcomings: not enough keyboards, too much overdubbing of vocals, not enough simple two-part harmonies; and I loved the live show in spite of the karaoke!

Think of how much MORE people like us would love this project if it had more keyboards, and more rough edges! I would much rather hear everything live than everything perfect.
Old 10-16-2017, 11:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
I don't think [Christine] ever recovered from that hand accident because she barely plays.
Details, please? I haven't heard about her having a hand accident.
Old 10-16-2017, 04:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
Details, please? I haven't heard about her having a hand accident.
Chris had a deplaning fall and wore a splint. I can't recall where I read about it originally but there is mention in this old thread

http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showth...ng#post1166561
Old 10-17-2017, 12:55 AM
Ledgie

Too Far Gone video that I took. Sorry that it's very shaky and may cause potential motion sickness:

Go Your Own Way. Sorry that it's shaky and may cause potential motion sickness:

Various clips that I took:

I have some stuff from Las Vegas on the channel, but my seats were far away for that show. You could see TrueFaith77 dancing and standing up at the front though.

Last edited by RudieCantFail; 10-17-2017 at 01:02 AM..
Old 10-17-2017, 05:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Thanks for posting the videos. Looks like a good crowd. How full was the theater?
Old 10-17-2017, 07:40 AM

Wow!! Thanks for posting! Love it.