User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-30-2003, 04:44 PM
Senior Ledgie

Talking My Milwaukee Review!!!!

OMG! i had the time of my life....

we got to Summerfest at about 5. my friend Mal and I walked around for a couple hours, and then met my mom and her boyfriend at the Marcus Amphitheatre around 7:15. we went in, bought our t-shirts and keychains, and then went to our seats. we were pretty far back, but we had a GREAT view of the stage (we were more towards lindsey's side), so it wasn't so bad. so we sat and waited for them to start....it seemed to take forever!!!! but finally, the crickets came on, and soon after the opening chords of The Chain were being heard. i stood up right then, and didn't sit down at all. they sounded SO amazing!
Eyes of the World, Peacekeeper, and Second Hand News were all SO GOOD!!! i especially enjoyed Second Hand News....just beacause i'd never heard a live version before. Stevie totally ROCKED on Rhiannon!!! IMO, it was MUCH better than The Dance Rhiannon. I was disappointed that almost the entire crowd sat down for Come. i guess it's cause they didn't recognize it, but still! they all were on their feet by the end tho!! Lindsey is SO crazy....i love it!! he was running all over and jumping up and down. Landslide was cute...Stevie went behind Lindsey and was tapping her fingers on his shoulders....and they did the side-hug-kiss-on-the-forehead thing at the end. it was sweet. What's the World Coming To was a lot of fun....and so was Gold Dust Woman. Beautiful Child was PERFECT. i wasn't sure how it would sound, since it is a fairly old song, and Stevie's voice has changed so much, but it was completely perfect. i'm so so so happy they did that one. I'm So Afraid...wow. once again, Lindsey was incredible! Silver Springs was awesome....Stevie was grabbing the mic and everything at the end. one of my favorites was Tusk. i loved how Lindsey "tusked" Stevie and John! it's SO cute! another highlight was Stand Back. i saw it during the TISL tour, and i thought that it was good, but it didn't amaze me. but last night, it ROCKED! Stevie was all into it; dancing and twirling! basically, the whole concert was amazing, and it was definetly the best moment of my life. so now, they have do at least 1 more tour so i have the chance to see them again!!
Oh, steal your heart away~
Old 06-30-2003, 05:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm glad you had such a great time. It's hard to choose a favorite song, isn't it?
If I remember correctly, that's the venue I attended for the Mask tour.

- Jake
Old 07-01-2003, 04:38 PM
Junior Ledgie

Oh man!! Your so lucky!! I tried to get tickets, but I didn't have enough money, and the seats were crappy. I'm glad you had fun... did anyone sneak in cameras and take some pics? That'd be cool if ya did and posted em.

CRICHTON (pointing at Aeryn): That's my underwear.
AERYN (reaching back to see the tag): What does this say?
CRICHTON: Calvin.
AERYN: They're not yours. --Farscape--

Dawn: Lurk much?
Spike: I wasn't lurking, I was standin' about. It's a totally different vibe.
{Buffy The Vampire Slayer}

Rhiannon rings like a bell thru the night
and wouldn't you love to love her?
she rules her life like a bird in flight
and who will be her lover? --Fleetwood Mac, Rhiannon--
Old 07-01-2003, 04:55 PM
Ledgie

Great review Greta! I was really surprised, and happy, to see that they were playing Somerfest, since that event is usually reserved for the "younger" bands. I saw them on their second night in St. Paul and it was amazing. So much better than in '97, and I loved that concert. I totally agree with your take on "Second Hand News." It really seems to kick the show into high gear. And the crowd reaction to "Come" was the EXACT same in St. Paul. Everybody sitting at the start, and by the end he's getting the biggest ovation of the night. I just spoke with someone today who was at the same show I was, and she was simply blown away by how good they are right now. I think a lot of the casual fans who are going to these shows are leaving amazed, and converted to the kind of fans we all are. Good times!