User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-16-2003, 05:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by bigmac
it's pretty nice but I really miss cueing 45's and playing spots from carts like we did in the good old days. [/B]
I don't miss cueing vinyl or spot carts, primarily because I don't miss logging and REcueing spot carts at the end. We've had SS32 for.. god, 3 years now? Before that, we used AXS in combination with cd, cassette (rarely), and cart.. It got really confusing: at one point, we had SS32, AXS, AND all the individual components. So you're sitting there at the board, "Ok, I know my song is about to end, but what the hell is it playing on?" lol!

I've slipped into the modern age, around here I'm "The Minidisc Samurai."

Sarah
Old 06-16-2003, 05:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by stefan
Laura posted this morning on Tracys website and was the first to notice that there was a strange sounding part but I didn't know what she was talking about as the radio link, that was posted earlier was of crappy sound quality. Now I listened to the song and realized what she meant...
What`s going on at 1:13 min ("here is the place...) for about ca 5 seconds? Is it a different sound quality/mix? Is it an afterwards added part which doesn`t sound the same? Can anybody hear that?
To me it just sounds like a little fill that was inserted into the mix, which is typical of radio remixes.

Bigmac... if you have a promo CD of Stevie's "Reconsider Me," let's talk!
Old 06-16-2003, 05:59 PM
Senior Ledgie

I like it, it's very poppy...I like how she does the "here is the place..." part like she does on tour.

"If this is to be my punishment, I will live it out as in a dream" SLN

"Twas I who was the hourglass and sands of time like shattering
glass went past me like a tunnel to the sea" SLN
Old 06-16-2003, 07:25 PM
Junior Ledgie

Sarah, THANKS so much for putting up the SYW single!!!

I am downloading it now on my S L O W dial up connection. LOL!

I am out here in EAST TENN too.........in the sticks!! LOL!

Please let all of us know if you get the other version of SYW and the LB peacekeeper!!

You Rock!

Lew (Linda)
Old 06-16-2003, 07:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks Sarah!!!

John
Old 06-16-2003, 08:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Thanks for sharing Sarah

Yes I love the new little parts - John's more excited bass in parts, Mick's extra beats in some parts.

So the Cold Remix must be the one from the other day that was in that crappy wma format. It had a different ending.
Old 06-16-2003, 08:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks for sharing, Sarah. John sure does kick some mighty ass! The rest of it doesn't do much for me tho. I miss the crystal clear Turner tones (signature Lindsey guitar sound). The guitar sounds very generic to me in this one, but maybe that means it'll do better on radio. What the hell do I know?

Last edited by glitter_fades; 06-17-2003 at 01:54 AM..
Old 06-16-2003, 08:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Sarah, thanks for posting this. I like Stevie's slightly different vocal and McVie's little bass solo.
Old 06-16-2003, 09:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation

Warning: this is a completely different song than the one
we've heard in the album. Not really a "new version"... it has some guitar parts changed (the riff was my favorite part of the song, and now it's hidden between a cool lead guitar, but it's not the same). I'll have to go through lots of listens to appreciate it more, I guess... but I stay with the album version for the moment.

To me, the perfect "single version" of "Say You Will" was the one on the album, without the children choir at the end, but with something like a Lindsey/Stevie a-cappella harmony vocal fading. But they never listen to me in the record companies...

Song of the moment - I Will Run To You
Old 06-17-2003, 01:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

"To me, the perfect "single version" of "Say You Will" was the one on the album, without the children choir at the end, but with something like a Lindsey/Stevie a-cappella harmony vocal fading. But they never listen to me in the record companies" In this one instance I wish they had!

Old 06-17-2003, 03:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Stew
To me it just sounds like a little fill that was inserted into the mix, which is typical of radio remixes.
Yes I thought so too. But this is not a bootleg or a demo from the studio- it is the real thing to get played on the radio... I think they left the probationer doing this mix? This is really not professional imo- a little tacky.
Concerning the song- I personally like Peacekeeper much better with all its little details and I think the 1037 times repeated SYW chorus on the album version is a little too much. I think it`s good that the single version is a bit shorter so that might be better now. It`s a nice pop song and I hope you`re all right and the song pushes the album sales and gets it back into the spotlight where it belongs.
Old 06-17-2003, 08:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by stefan
. . . and I think the 1037 times repeated SYW chorus on the album version is a little too much

I have always thought the same thing. I was like - where is the thrird stanza Steive! :

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 06-17-2003, 10:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Cristian
To me, the perfect "single version" of "Say You Will" was the one on the album, without the children choir at the end, but with something like a Lindsey/Stevie a-cappella harmony vocal fading. But they never listen to me in the record companies...
I totally agree! it would have been awesome if they had ended the song like they do live....with Just Lindsey and Stevie singing. And definitely no kids on the end....In fact, to me, they seem even MORE prominent on the Chorus in this version....did anyone else think that? Overall, It's interesting to hear a different version but I'm pretty sure I like the album version (or the live version) much better.

adam
Old 06-17-2003, 04:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

bump for a few people who are stubborn about scrolling..

Old 06-28-2003, 01:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking

Hello everyone! This is my first post as a new Ledgie - I've been a lurker for a while, and really enjoy reading everyone's posts.

Thank you, Sarah, for posting the "Say You Will" fade remix.

I've done some searching, but I can't seem to find the "cold remix" posted anywhere.

Does anyone know how I can get an mp3 of the "cold remix"???

Many thanks--
Chuck
Texas City, TX