User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-04-2006, 10:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheEdgeof17
The sad part is, is that song is actually a pop song that was covered by a country singer. Why Bucky would do a pop song during country week (his "specialty") is beyond me?
I guess he's about as bright as The Pickle. I missed tonight's due to working late and hitting the gym. Damn gym. Sounds like I didn't miss much though, country isn't my favorite, and bad country - well, I'd rather have a hot poker in the eye.
Old 04-04-2006, 10:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzeQuze
I missed tonight's due to working late and hitting the gym. Damn gym. Sounds like I didn't miss much though, country isn't my favorite, and bad country - well, I'd rather have a hot poker in the eye.
You didn't miss a thing. I was looking for a knife to slit my wrists when I was watching. I can't stand country.

Old 04-04-2006, 10:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Next week is Queen week. Should be interesting.
Old 04-04-2006, 11:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Another lackluster week. Chris was my favorite -- kind of ironic that the "rocker" did so well on country week. Bucky was pretty bad. My guess is he'll go.
Old 04-05-2006, 06:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I thought Katharine did pretty well, considering. And Chris was good, in spite of a boring song. Kellie's version of Fancy was horrible. I've heard better karaoke singers do it when I used to bartend. Paris??? Heinous.

The whole night was PAINFUL. I mean honestly, even the country singers sucked. I was so disappointed in Taylor. I was tempted to vote for him last night just b/c I'm afraid he'll get voted off after that performance and I don't want him to go.

But my main problem right now...what in the HELL happened to Kenny Rogers? If it weren't for the distinctive voice, I would never have known it was him. Has he had so much plastic surgery that he is now unrecognizable? I was totally shocked.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Sorry, but that's not who I saw on TV last night.
Old 04-05-2006, 07:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

THIS SHOW SUCKED!!!!! And I LOVEEE Country Music, grew up in Nashville. No one was really great, even Mandisa couldnt bring it off. Can we just erase tonight and forget about it? Im assuming Kenny had some type of eye lift a few years back, ???? The rest of the face doesnt look that tight, ??? Hard to tell on TV with makeup and lights. Plus you people will notice there were NO closeups of him really. The camera was always at least several feet back, even though they do EXTREME close ups of the Idol Singers. Im sure its in Kenny's contract that you can not film him that upclose, then we would see how bad he really looks in person. Celebs like Cher have the same contract rider agreements about lighting, and the distance of closeups. Also with Cher, they NEVER show the sides of her face. They are too pulled up! Watch her last movie Stuck On You. Everything is full on shots, nothing showing the sides of her face. Ok my rant is done....

Oh yeah, I LOVE Pickler to death. No she aint no Reba or Martina in regards to vocal range, neither is Shania or Gretchen, and those 2 have had biggers success in the past 10 years than Reba or Martina! Its not all about range after Idol.
Old 04-05-2006, 07:22 AM
Administrator
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jannieC
But my main problem right now...what in the HELL happened to Kenny Rogers? If it weren't for the distinctive voice, I would never have known it was him. Has he had so much plastic surgery that he is now unrecognizable? I was totally shocked.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Sorry, but that's not who I saw on TV last night.
That is EXACTLY what I said. he looks like a different guy. just awful. not that he was a stud before, but his lines and droopy eyes gave him character. now he just looks like a generic white haired guy.

Last night i thought Katherine was okay...maybe Kellie too although i hated the song, i hate country in general. Taylor was an embarrassment. but bucky should go before him.

-Lis
Old 04-05-2006, 08:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I so wanted Taylor to do well, but he really just came out flat on that song. He has a great vocal quality but sometimes he just doesn't carry through and that's a shame. I don't want him to go yet either.

I thought Kellie did a good job, so did Katherine and Chris. Bucky really disapointed!

I can't believe Simon trashed everyone but Paris! Paris was horribly boring last night, HORRIBLY boring, and I'm sick of that song!

Mandisa was alright, but you can tell she's not comfortable singing this kind of stuff, same with Elliott, but I thought he did alright.
Old 04-05-2006, 09:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffdweller
I can't believe Simon trashed everyone but Paris! Paris was horribly boring last night, HORRIBLY boring, and I'm sick of that song!
I know! Paris was awful -- horribly out of key. Every time she tried to hit the note on "survive," I cringed.

Last edited by GypsySorcerer; 04-05-2006 at 09:40 AM..
Old 04-05-2006, 09:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn
Next week is Queen week. Should be interesting.

Are you serious? Should be dreadful is more like it. I'm scared.
Old 04-05-2006, 10:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin
omg. me too.

what.are.they.thinking?
Old 04-05-2006, 10:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin
There are FEW in the world who can cover Queen - FM's voice was one of a kind. Though, I must say, Annie Lenox did a fab job with Bowie in "Under Pressure" - then again AL has one of the better voices of our time

Also, Queen's songs tend to be very theatrical and long - so it will be interesting to see if they truncate them.

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 04-05-2006, 10:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind
There are FEW in the world who can cover Queen - FM's voice was one of a kind. Though, I must say, Annie Lenox did a fab job with Bowie in "Under Pressure" - then again AL has one of the better voices of our time

Also, Queen's songs tend to be very theatrical and long - so it will be interesting to see if they truncate them.
exactly!

I just don't see really any of them being able to pull it off. As much as I like a couple of them, they are no FM or AL. They should stick to genres instead of specific artists.
Old 04-05-2006, 10:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePenguin
That is EXACTLY what I said. he looks like a different guy. just awful. not that he was a stud before, but his lines and droopy eyes gave him character. now he just looks like a generic white haired guy.
-Lis
I didn't even recognize Kenny. I wouldn't have known it was him if they didn't say anything.

As for the rest of the show, no one was very good last night. Chris is still one of my favs and I think it was good that he did a different kind of song but it was boring.
Old 04-05-2006, 11:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazmenFlowers
I just don't see really any of them being able to pull it off.
Paris, Mandisa, and Chris should be able to do something interesting with Queen.

Katherine and Elliott: iffy

Bucky, Taylor, Ace and Pickle: Look, no.

One will be going home tonight though, I hope it's Ace.