User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-11-2018, 05:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default The (Potential) New Album Thread

Hello everybody

I think that we need a dedicated Fleetwood Mac new swansong album thread.

1. What would you call the new album? My opinion is they should call it "Legacy"
2. What songs would you choose from the three songwriters' vaults?
3. Do you have any information like song titles left over from BuckVie? Care to share if you do?
4. Has anyone else heard of My Mother's Rings? It is a mooted new Stevie song written in memory of Barbara Nicks her mother. I read about it in a snippet on Fleetwood Mac News in 2013. It was in the comments section on an article by a poster who claimed to have inside information.

I think Stevie should contribute Space Needle, Julia and Joan of Arc as suggested by a different Ledgie in a Stevie thread. Castaway and My Mother's Rings should also be included and that would bring her to five "new" songs which would be the same as Tusk. Lindsey could contribute 8 newbies and Christine 7 and then we would have a brand new double album.

Love the part where she says "I haven't done this one so I may f-ck up once" The piano on the above song is stellar in my opinion. If that's Stevie then she should play keys on that song live and in studio if Fleetwood Mac release it.

Last edited by secret love; 01-11-2018 at 05:32 PM..
Old 01-11-2018, 10:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

There was already a Fleetwood Mac tribute album endorsed by the band called Legacy ..they have to be able to come up with something more original than that.

Old 01-12-2018, 12:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Unless there was news that I'm not aware of, there is not going to be a new album. This thread is misleading.
Old 01-12-2018, 01:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post

I think that we need a dedicated Fleetwood Mac new swansong album thread.

1. What would you call the new album? My opinion is they should call it "Legacy"
2. What songs would you choose from the three songwriters' vaults?
3. Do you have any information like song titles left over from BuckVie?

1. Over And Done.

2. I don't want any stinking vault songs.

If you're meaning use something that was left over
from Buckingham McVie on the new album, I'd say
that's a horrible idea. There's a reason songs are
culled.

New songs are key! And they'd better be more
listenable than what was on Buckingham McVie.

I've tried my best to hear what you guys like about
Buckingham McVie. And I just don't get it. I do admire
them for trying though. Unlike that person who wears
50 lbs of chiffon.
Old 01-12-2018, 01:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Aaaaaarrrrgggghhhhhhhhh
Just what I need... a misleading click-bait thread title. I really woke up excited hoping to find some new announcement about a brand new album.

Have you been hiding under a rock for the past 15 years? Stevie doesn't want to do another album with Fleetwood Mac. There never will be another Fleetwood Mac album. There have been countless threads on here going over and over and around in circles discussing this constantly. I think almost everyone now has faced up to that fact.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 01-12-2018, 03:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Yeah, it's NEVER going to happen. Stevie can't be bothered. I hope her legacy - is that she's what made them so popular, but in the end, killed their creativity, by sticking her toes in the mud, and refusing to let them move forward.

She's the worst thing that ever happened to them.
Old 01-12-2018, 06:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

The name of the album should be "Dream on silly dreamer" because I don't see it happening and the Eagles already have used the name Hell Freezes Over.

There is a reason many vault songs stay in the vault. Look at the creativity on Buckingham/McVie NO VAULT SONGS THERE

If you were to make a new album it should be fresh and new
Old 01-12-2018, 08:14 AM

I'll take another BuckVie Album. Still listen to it. It really sounds fresh after more than a 1/2 year.
Old 01-12-2018, 04:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think the original poster was simply engaging in a little harmless fantasy.

I agree with those who would prefer another BuckVie album over another FM album. I think it's actually much more likely that we will see that than another FM record.
Old 01-12-2018, 06:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I'll take another BuckVie Album. Still listen to it. It really sounds fresh after more than a 1/2 year.
IF (and this is a big IF) Stevie engages into any sort of FM album project, it has to be because she wants to. Because she really feels it's the right time to do it and because she still has something to offer. If that's the case, I'd love for a last FM album.

If she's gonna start complaining about Lindsey, Lindsey, Lindsey, bring BuckVie 2 on!
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 01-12-2018, 08:13 PM
Senior Ledgie

Album title?
They Played On...

When you don't know what it is
But you can't get enough of it
Old 01-12-2018, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
IF (and this is a big IF) Stevie engages into any sort of FM album project, it has to be because she wants to. Because she really feels it's the right time to do it and because she still has something to offer. If that's the case, I'd love for a last FM album.

If she's gonna start complaining about Lindsey, Lindsey, Lindsey, bring BuckVie 2 on!
If she put as much effort into writing as she does talking about herself, we'd have another Stevie solo album and 2 FMac albums.
Old 01-20-2018, 09:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LB Freakazoid View Post
Album title?
They Played On...
Or...

THEN PLAYED OUT.

“Big MAC” ain’t happening anymore (except in tours) but LB-CM could easily do another’s album. They’ve already floated the idea to the public, too. That’s what I’m really hoping for.
Old 01-21-2018, 08:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Or...

THEN PLAYED OUT.

“Big MAC” ain’t happening anymore (except in tours) but LB-CM could easily do another’s album. They’ve already floated the idea to the public, too. That’s what I’m really hoping for.
That would be the perfect title for their farewell album!

I think a second BuckVie album would depend on the length of the FM tour. Only Stevie and Mick want a two years tour. I’m sure Lindsey and Christine want it to be over soon so they maybe have a chance of a second album.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 01-21-2018, 11:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
I think a second BuckVie album would depend on the length of the FM tour. Only Stevie and Mick want a two years tour. I’m sure Lindsey and Christine want it to be over soon so they maybe have a chance of a second album.
I hope the latter is how it plays out. Stevie and Mick love being in the spotlight, over being creative.

I'd give anything for another BV album and tour. They were clearly so happy and relaxed during this last project. THAT'S how your career should end!