User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-03-2005, 12:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
Same with John Stewart -- Stevie never told the press she & Stewart were together on the 1981 tour, but Stewart finally did.
Ok - we were talking about this awhile back and you never mentioned this??? So where did he say this?? I'd like to read it. All I can say is poor Buffy!! Weren't she and John married at that time? What a thing to do to your soul mate. Shame on you John and Stevie!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Vicky
I hadn't heard this before either. I knew that Stevie had inspired at least one of Stewart's songs (the name escapes me now) but a relationship???? My god.

Poor Lindsey. And Stewart's not the only artist he collaborated with to end up with Stevie. Even Walter Egan did for awhile.
I believe the song is "Blonde Star in the Texas Sky." And in my opinion, I believe that "Dreamers on the Rise" was written about Lindsey and Stevie.

After awhile I think that Lindsey probably just became numb as regards his feelings about Stevie sleeping with some of his good friends. He had to. I believe he's still friends with them, so it was obviously something that he just had to accept and he obviously forgave Stevie too. I could never do it. But, then again, maybe its something that just comes along with the rock and roll lifestyle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts
Let's not forget another hero, Dennis Wilson, hopping into Stevie's bed. Edit: And Carol Ann's, too! Poor Lindsey.
Wait a minute - you mean Stevie slept with Dennis Wilson too?? I thought it was Chris who dated him? Lindsey has talked about Carol Ann sleeping with Dennis - he sort of laughed and joked about it. Makes me think he didn't really care that she slept with him. He probably wanted the relationship to end so that just made it easier.

Edit: Just read Nancy's post about during Dennis's relationship with Chris. What an awful thing for Stevie to do!! I can't believe she did that to Chris!!! Are you sure about that?

As far as all these men being attracted to Stevie, I have a friend that reminds me of Stevie (with the relationships)....where she just has men falling all over her the time and she gives them the runaround and treats them like **** and they keep coming back. Begging her and pleading for her to give them another chance. She reminds me of Stevie. (although, I'm not saying that Stevie treated men like ****, but just the general puppy dog appeal) It seems like every male on the planet was in love with Stevie. What was it about her? The star quality? The looks? The personality? The talent? Or maybe it was something behind closed doors?

Apparently, the only man that was never attracted to Stevie was Stan Lynch . I wonder why.

"Hearts will break with choices we must
make, so sleep and dream of me."
- LB

Last edited by AliP; 07-03-2005 at 12:46 AM..
Old 07-03-2005, 12:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD
Well, that TOTALLY explains the sarcasm directed towards Stevie at the "Tusk" sessions. Wow. That's all I can say.
I'm glad somebody else is saying this stuff about why LB seemed to lash out a lot in a childish way at Stevie. If I were saying this stuff my ass would be getting flamed all to hell right now.

Whenever I go down the road of Stevie's indescretions with all the men LB ever knew I always get called a liar or Stevie hater. Maybe these guys are all lying about her? I don't know? I heard the stories for years. They all sure as **** have big mouths. What stands out in my mind is the fact that LB has not talked about these things himself and held back saying a lot of nasty things about her affairs.

How the guy was able to maintain any sanity while in Fleetwood Mac is beyond me.

You gotta have a screw loose to stand by and watch this kind of thing go on and not go postal on somebody.
Old 07-03-2005, 01:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:

As pictured on the sleeve for Walter Egan's Not Shy.
I always thought that was Stevie.
Old 07-03-2005, 01:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD
Well, that TOTALLY explains the sarcasm directed towards Stevie at the "Tusk" sessions. Wow.
No, it doesn't. It had nothing to do with that. Fleetwood Mac members always patronized Stevie in the studio over the years. It had nothing to do with Dennis Wilson! It had to do with the sorry fact that Stevie opens her mouth & says sort of dorky, stupid things in the studio (in trying to explain things, she might opt for a girly metaphor or a pseudo-mystical trope), & generally doesn't bring anything more to the recording studio table than the inclination to emote for a few minutes or hours & then take off in an exit of chiffon, platform boots & umpteen girlfriends.

If you don't stick around for marathon studio sessions & at least make an attempt to intellectualize & see the developing track in an abstract way, Fleetwood Mac really doesn't need you there.
Old 07-03-2005, 01:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Every now and then the "Lindsey's women" bar that I made for a joke is necessary to educate! So here it is:

From left to right: First girlfriend Sally, then Stevie, Carol Ann, Cheri, Anne Heche, and of course Kristen.
They all sort of look alike. Except the first girl.
Old 07-03-2005, 01:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I think the exception to that is Don Henley. He looked a LOT like Lindsey back when Stevie was dating him. I think at the time she saw him as "Lindsey Lite" - hotness without the intensity. Sexy but willing to party.
The Lear jets and lavish gifts probably didn't make him less attractive either.
Old 07-03-2005, 01:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by glitter_fades
Whenever I go down the road of Stevie's indescretions with all the men LB ever knew I always get called a liar or Stevie hater. Maybe these guys are all lying about her? I don't know? I heard the stories for years. They all sure as **** have big mouths. What stands out in my mind is the fact that LB has not talked about these things himself and held back saying a lot of nasty things about her affairs.
He hasn't said much, that's for sure. But he has let some comments slip in interviews over the years that Stevie hooked up with plenty of men.
Quote:
How the guy was able to maintain any sanity while in Fleetwood Mac is beyond me.
By generally avoiding her. He didn't have to put up with her much in the studio -- on those days he did, he could probably self-medicate -- & probably avoided her on tour except for being onstage.
Old 07-03-2005, 01:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Yep, that's her all right. And the car they're sitting in? Was Stevie's.
No way! Now that's interesting. Is that the infamous Blue T-Bird of the song of the same name?
Old 07-03-2005, 01:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliP
Apparently, the only man that was never attracted to Stevie was Stan Lynch . I wonder why.
Oh, Mr. Lynch used to attend all those post-concert parties at the Forum Supper Club that Stevie used to throw PLENTY.

He was never one of the first to leave, either.
Old 07-03-2005, 01:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn
They all sort of look alike. Except the first girl.
Oooh...pale...shadow
Old 07-03-2005, 01:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by glitter_fades
I'm glad somebody else is saying this stuff about why LB seemed to lash out a lot in a childish way at Stevie. If I were saying this stuff my ass would be getting flamed all to hell right now.
Agreed. As I said, I could never forgive that sort of behavior. But he obviously has. So I guess that goes to show that he is a better person than I in that respect. Hats off to LB!

"Hearts will break with choices we must
make, so sleep and dream of me."
- LB
Old 07-03-2005, 01:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
To quote a certain character from a certain movie...

"Look, I've had a really bad night and I hate the f*ckin' Eagles!"
Hehe. I love The Big Lebowski.
Old 07-03-2005, 01:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I've forgotten, did Stevie sleep with Don Felder too?

P.S. Surprising she didn't go after Glenn. Definitely some prime Eagle there.
I think she dated "the honorary Eagle" J.D. Souther.
Old 07-03-2005, 01:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
No, it doesn't. It had nothing to do with that. Fleetwood Mac members always patronized Stevie in the studio over the years. It had nothing to do with Dennis Wilson! It had to do with the sorry fact that Stevie opens her mouth & says sort of dorky, stupid things in the studio (in trying to explain things, she might opt for a girly metaphor or a pseudo-mystical trope), & generally doesn't bring anything more to the recording studio table than the inclination to emote for a few minutes or hours & then take off in an exit of chiffon, platform boots & umpteen girlfriends.
Oh yeah. This too. Hehe!
Old 07-03-2005, 01:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

When did we learn that Stevie had an affair with Dennis Wilson? That one's completely news to me.

I do know that Stevie and Christine both dated Curry Grant at some point, and those relationships had to be pretty close to overlapping.

By the way, and not to sound like "Great Defender of Stevie" here again, but you guys and gals do all realize that you can date someone and NOT be sleeping with them, right?
Not saying that she didn't... just that our minds shouldn't automatically assume it as fact that she did.