Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-15-2018, 06:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientQueen View Post
Who?
I don't know him and nobody I know knows him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
Finn,
If not for the internet I wouldn't know who he was.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
I live in the US and I'd never even heard the name Neil Finn before in my life and neither had loads of my friends.
Thanks for the anecdotal evidence. It’s so relevant

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 08-15-2018, 07:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
Thank you...Got Amazing Seats--2nd row off centerish with a meet and greet!
Congrats on getting such great seats, the meet and greets were a great move by Lindsey I think this time, both for his and the ticketholders sake. Hopefully he will gain a real appreciation of how supported he is despite his firing....I hope this tour is a sellout, a critical success and is cathartic for him in many ways.
Old 08-15-2018, 07:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
It’s been a karaoke band since 1997…

That’s how it was in 1987. Lindsey quit on Aug. 6 and the first show was Sept. 30. It’s Rock and Roll, not rocket science.

Who’s to say that there won’t new music on the box?

How do you know they haven’t?

They could have died 31 years ago because of him.

Finn and Lindsey are cut from very similar cloths. They’re both the type to place art over commercial viability.

Nobody suggested they did.

He is. Verifiably. Maybe not a megastar, but he’s internationally famous. Finn was awarded an OBE (Officer of the British Empire), a couple of steps below knighthood, for his contributions to music. So clearly he’s achieved some level of noteworthiness.

He had more than one hit, and the last time FM had a hit was 28 years ago.

I don’t know if he’s miraculous, but he was awarded an OBE (Officer of the British Empire) for his contributions to music.

Steve you can defend them all you want, I applaud your optimism actually.

For me, I just can't anymore and that's on me, completely my choice. I don't expect everyone to feel the same or agree.

I just don't think they are in a place where doing anything new or risky is even remotely in their playbook now.

I don't believe Lindsey was the sole roadblock or root of all their conflicts. Even with him out of the band, I'd be shocked if they went through the effort to work on new material. Two new folks join the band and they still begin rehearsals two months before their first gig. They're in "good enough" mode if you ask me.

No doubt, I bet Mike and Neil would sign onto doing an album, it's actually the rest of them that I think would kill the idea before it ever got off the ground.

Yeah, I could be totally wrong too.
Old 08-15-2018, 07:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Also...it does irk me to think of the likelihood of Mike and Neil being treated like hired guns. They are indeed huge talents and I find it kind of sad that they are going to spend a big chunk of time playing other people's parts and singing other people's songs they have no actual tie to.
Old 08-15-2018, 08:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel75 View Post
Congrats on getting such great seats, the meet and greets were a great move by Lindsey I think this time, both for his and the ticketholders sake. Hopefully he will gain a real appreciation of how supported he is despite his firing....I hope this tour is a sellout, a critical success and is cathartic for him in many ways.
Totally agree--and the fact the M&G is included in the ticket price....unlike his former colleague, I think is pretty genius too. I hope he feels all the appreciation and affection from his fans.
Old 08-15-2018, 08:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
Also...it does irk me to think of the likelihood of Mike and Neil being treated like hired guns. They are indeed huge talents and I find it kind of sad that they are going to spend a big chunk of time playing other people's parts and singing other people's songs they have no actual tie to.
And getting paid a lot less than the rest of the band. BUT--they willingly signed on and knew what they were likely getting into. I still hold the belief the "opening night" set list will change drastically as the tour goes on. "Rattlesnake Shake" and all the others will eventually get dropped and it will once again be a greatest hits tour with DDIO and SDMHA thrown in.
Old 08-15-2018, 08:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
And getting paid a lot less than the rest of the band. BUT--they willingly signed on and knew what they were likely getting into. I still hold the belief the "opening night" set list will change drastically as the tour goes on. "Rattlesnake Shake" and all the others will eventually get dropped and it will once again be a greatest hits tour with DDIO and SDMHA thrown in.
I am sure DDIO and SDMHA will be there from day one as well as one other Petty song perhaps too. I think there will be less than 5% of the audience that even knows Rattlesnake Shake so that's not going to last long.
Old 08-15-2018, 08:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I am sure DDIO and SDMHA will be there from day one as well as one other Petty song perhaps too. I think there will be less than 5% of the audience that even knows Rattlesnake Shake so that's not going to last long.
Oh now, now. Station Man is going to be the big number of the night. Stevie says so!

via GIPHY

Old 08-15-2018, 09:12 PM
Angel75
This message has been deleted by Angel75. Reason: Dulpicate
Old 08-15-2018, 09:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Oh now, now. Station Man is going to be the big number of the night. Stevie says so!
And we all know Stevie is always right!
Old 08-15-2018, 10:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I don't believe Lindsey was the sole roadblock or root of all their conflicts.
I don’t blame Lindsey for what happened. I don’t have enough information about what went down to have a judgment. Stevie has been much more the one holding them back. I doubt Lindsey would have even suggested a concurrent tour if Fleetwood Mac (read: Stevie) agreed to do another album.

Quote:
No doubt, I bet Mike and Neil would sign onto doing an album, it's actually the rest of them that I think would kill the idea before it ever got off the ground.
There is only one person in the band who would…ehm...nicks the idea of a new album.

Quote:
The only reason I’m 50/50 there’s even a shot of new music is because of those two. Bands typically don’t bring in people who are noted songwriters if they’re not planning new music. Fleetwood Mac would be fools to miss the opportunity to make new music with talent of that caliber, and I have every faith in their ability to do just that.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 08-15-2018, 11:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Dude,
I was just expressing how little I know about the Finn.

One of the reasons that Campbell and Finn were picked
was because what they would except as pay. You can bet
that both together will be much less the Mr. B.

It all works out in the end. More for $tevie.
Old 08-16-2018, 02:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Being famous is exactly that - people know you. One by one. Or not, like in this case.
Old 08-16-2018, 05:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Exactly. The whole notion they are going to "dig into their gothic trunk of lost songs" is nice, but in reality, I don't think it has legs beyond the first month or so. Will wind up being a greatest hits tour, with DDIO, SDMHA, etc thrown in AND adding to the "wound", some of the songs on the greatest hits tour not sounding how the fans expect because they are being covered by 2 guys who didn't write/record/arrange.
Old 08-16-2018, 06:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
It wasn’t really allowed, I got a 10 day ban. But I don’t regret saying what many people in this board think. Yes, I will claim to speak for others just like you do.

For someone who spends hours each day taking shots at people but keeping the language just tame enough to keep under the mods radar screen, you have ridiculously thin skin. And you are the primary reason few people want to engage on this forum. You can’t let 90% of posts go without comment, it’s an absurd obsession. You also have to steer discussion into the direction you want. And you’re a misogynist.

Try taking a breath once in a while when you read a post you don’t like. Try expressing your feelings about Stevie Nicks using adult words. Try to avoid needing to rally people to your side like you’re in high school. Let this be a true discussion board - where people are allowed to express themselves without getting pounded on the head by you each time. Just some advice.

Thank you.
Old 08-16-2018, 06:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Not that you took the time to read the whole thing, but he was called 'stupid' first.
Thank you for the education. We all know this isnt the first time that stuff like this has happened and is continually overlooked because of the cliques on this board.

Last edited by JohnL; 08-16-2018 at 06:38 AM..