Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-04-2018, 11:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
Richard tweeted again (I think implying that he's spoken to Lindsey recently-- after he went to one of BM shows he posted about it and said he'd be keeping closer contact with both of them) saying he can "confirm" Lindseys crushed and in a lot of pain over what's happened and Richard thinks it's not right that this is happening.

https://twitter.com/richarddashut/st...994116096?s=21

I wouldn't have expected him to be thrilled and happy dancing but it's still pretty upsetting to hear that he's really hurt. I think that would explain his wife continuing to talk about the situation. I think on here it's easy to forget that these are still people with feelings and this is probably a really difficult time.
So awful. I can only imagine how betrayed he must feel. He works so hard for them, he gives them so much of his time and effort while Stevie is off doing her own thing, he pushes them to create rather than be stagnant... he sings, so earnestly, "I will stand with my band" - and they kick him in the teeth. Not to mention the personal betrayal of Stevie. So much of his life dedicated to Fleetwood Mac... all of that ripped away, his past contributions treated as if they meant nothing.

Last edited by sodascouts; 07-04-2018 at 11:48 PM..
Old 07-04-2018, 11:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I know this will be an unpopular notion, but I still see a possibility of a Lindsey return. Not for this tour, but afterwards. If history has taught us one thing, it’s that Stevie fawns over her collaborators profusely, then shows them the door just as abruptly as they appear. I suspect these “yes men” eventually bore her. She says she wants calm & peace, but turmoil fuels her. This is why despite some truly ugly situations, she’s always returned to Lindsey. He’s probably the only person left living who will stand up to her.

For those who will inevitably throw the age thing out there, spare me.
We can only hope.

Old 07-05-2018, 08:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Let's not forget how we found out YEARS after the fact that she was unhappy with the '09 unleashed tour because there wasn't any drama. She described it as "benign"

I've always looked at this as the first time Lindsey may have learned to "not take the bait" from Stevie all the time.
Old 07-05-2018, 11:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
Let's not forget how we found out YEARS after the fact that she was unhappy with the '09 unleashed tour because there wasn't any drama. She described it as "benign"

I've always looked at this as the first time Lindsey may have learned to "not take the bait" from Stevie all the time.
Well, they could make his return into a really interesting and dramatic narrative for the two of them. The trademark tempestuous relationship played out at high intensity one last time. It would make a great story and be the perfect theme for a farewell tour.

Unlike the "story" of Stevie's milquetoast lot of yes-men.

Last edited by sodascouts; 07-05-2018 at 11:07 AM..
Old 07-05-2018, 11:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
Well, they could make his return into a really interesting and dramatic narrative for the two of them. The trademark tempestuous relationship played out at high intensity one last time. It would make a great story and be the perfect theme for a farewell tour.

Unlike the "story" of Stevie's milquetoast lot of yes-men.
He'd better NEVER go back again.

Are you kidding me? After this SH*T SHOW, you'd WANT him to go back??????

I pray that he tells them to stick it where the sun don't shine.
Old 07-05-2018, 11:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Ehh...I get the whole dynamic thing and understand its draw. For me it was interesting between 1997-2004.

Actually moving forward and working together to potentially make something special was way more intriguing to me and kept me interested in the past ten years or so, but that ship has sailed so I'm over it.
Old 07-05-2018, 11:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post

Heck yes! I want my five fireflies back! I'm one of the people who loved going to their concerts, who got a lot of joy out of it. Call me selfish to want that again, even after all of this, but I do.

More importantly, I want my band to go out on a high note. I want this for Fleetwood Mac's legacy.

My favorite band can't end like this. Let this time be harsh, clanging notes before a soaring finale, not an ending that makes us all leave with our ears bleeding and our hearts broken.

There are such things as forgiveness and making amends. I want that for them.

Last edited by sodascouts; 07-05-2018 at 11:30 AM..
Old 07-05-2018, 11:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Heck yes! I want my five fireflies back! I'm one of the people who loved going to their concerts, who got a lot of joy out of it. Call me selfish to want that again, even after all of this, but I do.

More importantly, I want my band to go out on a high note. I want this for Fleetwood Mac's legacy.

My favorite band can't end like this. Let this time be harsh, clanging notes before a soaring finale, not an ending that makes us all leave with our ears bleeding and our hearts broken.

There is such a thing as forgiveness and making amends. I want that for them.
Well, if I could have dreamed this whole sh*t show, and it never happened, I want them to end like that, too.

But we know what selfish idiotic diva ruined the ending. Ho ruined the ending of the book! It's beyond repair now, IMO, at this LATE stage in the game.

I hope they ask him, and he tells them to go straight to Hell. I'd lose all respect for him if he didn't. To treat him like this, for the rest of the world to see?????? F*CK them.
Old 07-05-2018, 11:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

it just gets more and more awful

Stevie broke my heart

I'm glad I didn't cave and buy tickets to this tour

I really cannot handle seeing her or any of them (newbies or old)

I wish Lindsey would have released his album by now and announced a tour--that would offer some consolation

AND I want to show him some support!

I WILL buy new music from any of the original fireflies or this evil conglomerate, but only because I'm invested in the soap opera

This ending is tragic and pathetic. A reflection, I believe, of our fractured culture.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 07-05-2018, 02:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
Ehh...I get the whole dynamic thing and understand its draw. For me it was interesting between 1997-2004.

Actually moving forward and working together to potentially make something special was way more intriguing to me and kept me interested in the past ten years or so, but that ship has sailed so I'm over it.
This. Between 2004-2013, following Fleetwood Mac became tedious. It started getting interesting again to me in 2013 when it became clear that Christine was moving away from retirement and towards coming back.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 07-05-2018, 02:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Richard tweeted again (I think implying that he's spoken to Lindsey recently-- after he went to one of BM shows he posted about it and said he'd be keeping closer contact with both of them) saying he can "confirm" Lindseys crushed and in a lot of pain over what's happened and Richard thinks it's not right that this is happening.

I wouldn't have expected him to be thrilled and happy dancing but it's still pretty upsetting to hear that he's really hurt. I think that would explain his wife continuing to talk about the situation. I think on here it's easy to forget that these are still people with feelings and this is probably a really difficult time.
That makes me very sad. I am thrilled that he's working with Brandi Carlile. They should do a tour together.
On edit: Oops it's Brandy Clark. I guess I'll have to check her out.

Last edited by gldstwmn; 07-05-2018 at 02:30 PM..
Old 07-05-2018, 02:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:

There are such things as forgiveness and making amends. I want that for them.
Definitely. It would be awful if this was the real end.
Old 07-05-2018, 03:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
That makes me very sad. I am thrilled that he's working with Brandi Carlile. They should do a tour together.
On edit: Oops it's Brandy Clark. I guess I'll have to check her out.
She's a relatively new country/folky-ish kind of singer. Kind of a random collaboration but we'll have to see!

EDIT: I just looked into her more and she's not that new after all. I just had never heard of her at all. But she is quiteee country. I'm not the biggest fan of country music. Still have hopes!

Last edited by dreamsunwind; 07-05-2018 at 08:10 PM..
Old 07-05-2018, 07:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

This actually saddens me a lot. This story has more legs than an octopus. It really sickens me that this is how this band could go out.
Old 07-05-2018, 08:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post

Seriously! I mean, I'm sad and my brain understands these 4 people
(specifically one) hurt him. So the idea of him coming back to that environment as if nothing happened and for these 4 people to act as if nothing happened, and to sing Landslide again hugging and holding hands and acting like people who actually love each other is something that I will never understand. I know it will probably happen because that's how twisted they are, but I won't celebrate it and I can't understand how some fans want it to happen when we all know it will be an awful lie.

Just the 5 of them together again smiling fake smiles just for the sake of fans and of their pockets. Awful.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.