The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-29-2018, 07:40 PM
Ledgie

It probably doesn't really matter where this gets posted, but I added it to "Post-Rumours" as well.

My favourite part of this site is the "wish setlists". If it was up to me, the list would look like this:

Albatross
Station Man
Straight Back
Spare Me A Little Of Your Love
Crystal
Remember Me
Angel
(from Tusk)
Heroes Are Hard To Find
Emerald Eyes
Over & Over
Say You Will
Carnival Begin
Sunny Side Of Heaven
Sugar Daddy
Affairs Of The Heart
The Smile I Live For
Sable On Blond
Honey Hi
That's Alright
Behind The Mask
Seven Wonders
Hold Me

Encore:
I Don't Want To Know
Why

I'll be there, as close to the stage as I can get. I don't know if I can stand another 11-minute "Gold Dust Woman". If they hafta do it, I hope they'll shorten it to no more than 5 minutes, and leave room for other songs.
Old 04-29-2018, 08:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLamb View Post
It probably doesn't really matter where this gets posted, but I added it to "Post-Rumours" as well.

My favourite part of this site is the "wish setlists". If it was up to me, the list would look like this:

Albatross
Station Man
Straight Back
Crystal
Remember Me
Angel
(from Tusk)
Heroes Are Hard To Find
Emerald Eyes
Over & Over
Say You Will
Carnival Begin
Sunny Side Of Heaven
Sugar Daddy
Affairs Of The Heart
The Smile I Live For
Sable On Blond
Honey Hi
That's Alright
Behind The Mask
Seven Wonders
Hold Me

Encore:
I Don't Want To Know
Why

I'll be there, as close to the stage as I can get. I don't know if I can stand another 11-minute "Gold Dust Woman". If they hafta do it, I hope they'll shorten it to no more than 5 minutes, and leave room for other songs.
That's a dream setlist if I've ever seen one. But I like it, A LOT!
Old 04-30-2018, 01:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Albatross
Station Man
Straight Back
Crystal
Remember Me
Angel
(from Tusk)
Heroes Are Hard To Find
Emerald Eyes
Over & Over
Say You Will
Carnival Begin
Sunny Side Of Heaven
Sugar Daddy
Affairs Of The Heart
The Smile I Live For
Sable On Blond
Honey Hi
That's Alright
Behind The Mask
Seven Wonders
Hold Me

Encore:
I Don't Want To Know
Why

Why only works if you had the 3 voices of CM, SN, and LB. And honestly, even if you did (or they did it now with Neil) their voices are too far gone from what they were in 75
Old 04-30-2018, 07:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I've always hated Family Man, the Ledge, Not That Funny, and Walk a Thin Line. I'd take those out and put in Crystal, What Makes You Think You're the One, That's All For Everyone, and Book of Love.
I can't stand Family Man either....which was a bit of my point...they can do all Lindsey songs, that would be funny.
Old 04-30-2018, 10:05 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
That's a dream setlist if I've ever seen one. But I like it, A LOT!
Well... I just got my tix. I'll be in the front row, hoping for the best (with a shortened GDW, and not a whole lot of story-telling).
Old 04-30-2018, 12:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well... I just got my tix. I'll be in the front row, hoping for the best (with a shortened GDW, and not a whole lot of story-telling).
That's awesome! Have a great time. Front row...lucky you! I have never been able to get quite that close.
Old 04-30-2018, 12:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Why only works if you had the 3 voices of CM, SN, and LB. And honestly, even if you did (or they did it now with Neil) their voices are too far gone from what they were in 75

Really??? It worked perfectly well on the MTM album a couple of years before BN arrived on the scene. I don't think CM, SN and LB was the definitive version of this song. I think they could give it a good go and it would also be very interesting to hear what Mike Campbell did with the guitar parts.
'Why' Take 3... could be interesting.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 04-30-2018, 07:46 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Really??? It worked perfectly well on the MTM album a couple of years before BN arrived on the scene. I don't think CM, SN and LB was the definitive version of this song. I think they could give it a good go and it would also be very interesting to hear what Mike Campbell did with the guitar parts.

"Why" would be like finding my Holy Grail of live Mac performances if I saw it in person.

I will forgive this band of all the grudges and resentment I'm not actually holding against them if they do "Why" on this tour. I'll also accept As Long as You Follow.
Old 04-30-2018, 08:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
You are obviously referencing the days of PRE-1997 TOURING. You are forgetting that the band now tours with an extra keyboard player, drummer, guitar players, AND VOCALISTS in tow--(even perhaps some Karaoke tracks thrown into the "mix"). Fleetwood Mac now has more musicians and voices than a Broadway show.

They will be able to perform "WHY" just fine--no doubt. The background vocalists (Sharon Celani and company) can handle the harmonies singlehandedly. If not, they'll just throw in pre-recorded tracks. (Reference "Hold Me" on the recent Buckingham McVie Tour).

The sad truth is that very few concerts are 100% live anymore. Everyone has a little "help".
Old 04-30-2018, 09:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchChain View Post
You are obviously referencing the days of PRE-1997 TOURING. You are forgetting that the band now tours with an extra keyboard player, drummer, guitar players, AND VOCALISTS in tow--(even perhaps some Karaoke tracks thrown into the "mix"). Fleetwood Mac now has more musicians and voices than a Broadway show.

They will be able to perform "WHY" just fine--no doubt. The background vocalists (Sharon Celani and company) can handle the harmonies singlehandedly. If not, they'll just throw in pre-recorded tracks. (Reference "Hold Me" on the recent Buckingham McVie Tour).

The sad truth is that very few concerts are 100% live anymore. Everyone has a little "help".
Yes, sadly, you are right. At least someone understood what I meant.
Old 04-30-2018, 09:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
You missed my point. I was talking about the quality of their voices now. Stevie wouldn't be able to do the high harmony she did in 75. And Christine's voice, if it's still in the shape it was on the BuckVie tour when I saw them, is pretty far off too.

But not to worry.Watch Chain provided the solution!
Old 04-30-2018, 09:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Here's mine:

Nope
Nope
No
Heck no
Nope
Nope
Nope
Nope
Ahhh..no
Nope
Nope
Nope
Nope
Nope
Maybe
Definitely no

Encore:
Nope
Nope
Nope
Old 04-30-2018, 09:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Somebody help me now! After being disgusted and outraged with this band's decision to fire Buckingham, I'm actually fighting back the urge to pull out my American Express Gold card to shell out $600 for two seats to this clown outfit.

God save me! I may be showing my face at this garage sale!

#SaveLindsey #WhoAreYouPeople
Old 04-30-2018, 10:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchChain View Post
Somebody help me now! After being disgusted and outraged with this band's decision to fire Buckingham, I'm actually fighting back the urge to pull out my American Express Gold card to shell out $600 for two seats to this clown outfit.

God save me! I may be showing my face at this garage sale!

#SaveLindsey #WhoAreYouPeople
After all is said and done, it’s just a band, and one whose music it’s safe to assume you enjoy. If Lindsey not being there is reason enough to skip the show for you, don’t go. Lord knows I skipped the 2009 and 2013 tours because no Christine or enough new music to warrant going, and the SNLB drama bored me to tears.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 04-30-2018, 10:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
After all is said and done, it’s just a band, and one whose music it’s safe to assume you enjoy. If Lindsey not being there is reason enough to skip the show for you, don’t go. Lord knows I skipped the 2009 and 2013 tours because no Christine or enough new music to warrant going, and the SNLB drama bored me to tears.
Thank you Steve Mac. You're always the grounded voice of reason that I need during a moment of temptation. Without your words of wisdom, I may well have driven off the deep end. Since I've attended every single Fleetwood Mac and solo tour since 1977, it will be difficult-but you're right.

AMEX back in fringed carpet bag purse.

#WhoAreYouPeople