User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-09-2013, 09:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Glasgow show - October

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...-west-22832185

I hope for those that are attending the damage will have been rectified and everything will be ok.

I'm heading to London for mine, but nearly chose the Glasgow one.
Old 06-10-2013, 01:59 PM
Ledgie

Default Glasgow

For the first time ever I have front row tickets. I will be very annoyed if this cancels the concert, all the UK shows are sold out. Possibly head over to Amsterdam but that is not ideal! This will my seventh time and I was so happy to queue and get great seats as all the other shows that I have seen were in seats really far from the stage. Fingers crossed they will finish the venue on time.
Old 06-10-2013, 02:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dersaw View Post
For the first time ever I have front row tickets. I will be very annoyed if this cancels the concert, all the UK shows are sold out. Possibly head over to Amsterdam but that is not ideal! This will my seventh time and I was so happy to queue and get great seats as all the other shows that I have seen were in seats really far from the stage. Fingers crossed they will finish the venue on time.
It's typical, isn't it? They were already running behind schedule. Hopefully they will sort it out.
Old 06-10-2013, 04:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wow I hope they fix it up in time for the show.Thank goodness nobody got killed there .

As Hurricane Sandy ripped through the east coast here in the states last year .I thought they will be no more Jones Beach no more.They cleaned up the mess and FM will be playing there in a couple of weeks.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 06-30-2013, 09:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

so some friends of mine asked Mick at the meet&greet today whether FM has some kind of back-up plan in case Hydro doesn't open on time.

this is what they reported back:

"We asked Mick and he had no idea. The question scared him. He didn't know the venue wasn't ready or had any issues."

hope he remembers and has someone maybe follow up on this...

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-29-2013, 07:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The Daily Record

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/sc...ow-gig-2321828

Greedy fans cashing in on Glasgow gig by flogging Fleetwood Mac tickets for £1100 30 Sep 2013 00:01

TICKETS for next week's gig at the Hydro are being sold online for up to 10 times their face value.

GREEDY fans are raking in huge profits by selling their tickets for next week’s Fleetwood Mac gig in Glasgow at almost 10 times the price.

The band, celebrating the 36th anniversary of the release of their classic album Rumours, play the new SSE Hydro venue on Thursday.

The face value for tickets is £45-£125 but some fans are offering theirs for sale online at up to £1000 – more than it costs to see the band play Vegas later this year.

On Ticketmaster site Get Me In, which describes itself as a safe and secure marketplace for sales, Row Z tickets were available yesterday for £1100.

Over at Stub Hub, run by eBay, £125 tickets had been bid up to £343.86, while on Viagogo, tickets were priced between £249.99 and £699.

Meanwhile, Viagogo also had tickets to see Stevie Nicks and Co at the famed MGM Grand Garden Arena Hotel in Las Vegas from only £91.44.

Kirsten McAlonan, communications manager at the Hydro, said: “It’s nice to be compared to Vegas but, unfortunately, secondary ticketing is something we have no control over.

“Our best suggestion to fans is to make sure that they register with www.thehydro.com for access to our presale tickets for all upcoming gigs.”
Old 10-02-2013, 10:30 AM
Senior Ledgie

Default 3/10/13 Glasgow

Go your own way — Ticket agency leaves Fleetwood Mac fans disappointed

By Alan Wilson, 2 October 2013 3.05pm.

Fleetwood Mac are playing Glasgow's new Hydro venue on Thursday night.Getty Images

A Dundee mother has spoken out angrily after two tickets she bought for Thursday night’s Fleetwood Mac concert at Glasgow’s Hydro failed to materialise.

Gwen Louden paid three times the face value from secondary ticket agency Seatwave, which claimed to give a 100% guarantee of securing tickets for customers.

Despite paying more than £360 for two tickets in February, they still had not turned up by last Thursday so Gwen called the company and was sent an email which told her the tickets would arrive soon.

When they still had not turned up on Monday, she called again only to be told: “Sorry, the seller didn’t get back to us.”

Gwen said: “All he could say was they would cancel the sale and refund the money.

“I told him ‘That’s not on. I paid for four tickets and there were four of us going through. We have to get hotel rooms and train tickets booked and now you’re telling me we’re not getting the tickets’?

“I told them it was cruel to do that to people — we’re devastated. He said they are just an intermediary, but that isn’t the point. Their email said not to worry, the tickets would be sent out.

“Now two of my pals are left without tickets and I feel awful for them. We’ve all been looking forward to it since February.

“I usually go on to official selling sites like Ticketmaster but they didn’t have any left and we checked out Seatwave.

“It seemed to be a reputable agent and we knew we had to pay over the odds but to say they’re 100% guaranteed is just a lie.

“The manager told me tonight she was sorry they had fallen short of their own high standards and they were trying to source more tickets for us but I don’t hold out any hope at all. I would advise anybody thinking about buying tickets through Seatwave not to do it.”

Seatwave were asked for a comment but had not done so at time of going to press.

Tickets for Thursday night’s gig have been selling for four figures as fans rush to see the legendary group in Glasgow’s new concert venue.

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/news/loc...inted-1.137416

That has happened to me and its not a nice feeling.
Old 10-03-2013, 07:21 AM
Senior Ledgie

Default Seats available Tonight

some seats are available via Ticketsoup now if anyone is close enough to get there in time.
Old 10-03-2013, 10:19 AM
Junior Ledgie

TEENY bit bitter about tonight's show for the following reasons a) i have run out of money thanks to seeing them 4 times last week and b) i'm not going. BRING ON GLASTONBURY 2014 when I am sure the mac will return to British soil!
Old 10-03-2013, 06:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Gig review from Herald Scotland - Fleetwood Mac, SSE Hydro, Glasgow, October 3, 2013

http://www.heraldscotland.com/arts-e...gow.1380836530

Four Stars

MICK Fleetwood starts it off. Looking for all the world like a gnomish 1920s saloon barman, mouth working wildly in surprise or delight or both, there it is: a crash, a thud and Second Hand News. Opening the two-and-a-half hour set comes the whirlwind trio of Second Hand News, The Chain - John McVie delighting on the bass - and Dreams.

The whirlwind continues for the next hour, Rumours classics followed by a dabble around Tusk and Sisters of the Moon, performed for the first time in 33 years. Slipped in, almost so as you wouldn't notice, is new song Sad Angel.

Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham rotate round and out like cuckoos from the eponymous clocks, singing Landslide, a poingancy added by the truth of the line "I'm getting older", and Big Love before a neat and delicate Never Going Back Again.

The rotating is interspersed by an intimate bonhomie between the two who hold hands, hug and share coy little glances. She tells a lengthy tale of the band forming that culminates in the double entendre (from Buckingham to Fleetwood): "If you take me, you gotta take my girlfriend too."

Buckingham is slick in leather jacket and jeans; Nicks rambles charmingly before songs, claiming she has a glut of anecdotes to excise before travelling to Continental Europe where her tales of times gone by will be not understood.

Every track is a reminder of just how lithe and skillful Buckingham is on the guitar; Nicks's voice still powerful, although some of the top notes elude her; McVie and Fleetwood - dressed identically, bar Fleetwood's scarlet shoes - own their respective parts. The four come together most powerfully on Gold Dust Woman.

Occasionally the songs, and not only Nicks, ramble. There is a little midway slump, a little self-indulgence. But the whole excels in a way that only such a band with such a backstory can.
Old 10-03-2013, 06:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Nicks rambles charmingly before songs, claiming she has a glut of anecdotes to excise before travelling to Continental Europe where her tales of times gone by will be not understood.
I don't know you continental Europeans. I think she's throwing shade. Stand up for yourselves.

Michele
Old 10-03-2013, 06:58 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
I don't know you continental Europeans. I think she's throwing shade. Stand up for yourselves.

Michele
I'm seeing them next week. I'll be most disappointed if she doesn't tell her 'tales of times gone by'.
Old 10-03-2013, 10:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Gig review: Fleetwood Mac, Glasgow

by FIONA SHEPHERD
Published on the
04 October
01:38

http://www.scotsman.com/what-s-on/mu...sgow-1-3125546

Rod Stewart’s mini-residency has dominated a packed opening week at the Hydro but this visit from American MOR legends Fleetwood Mac was no less prestigious – and a touch more consistent in terms of musical quality.

Fleetwood Mac - SSE Hydro, Glasgow

It was difficult to argue with the opening salvo of classics from the mega-selling Rumours album, which has lately had the dubious distinction of a Glee makeover. The veteran four-piece delivered decidedly non-jazz hands renditions of Second Hand News and The Chain, still a sublime showcase of their natural harmonies, John McVie’s magnificent rumbling bass and Lindsey Buckingham’s blistering guitar playing, followed by Stevie Nicks’ musically smooth yet lyrically barbed Dreams.

Their quartet of tracks from Tusk was a mixed bag – Not That Funny was not that loveable – but it was Mick Fleetwood’s time to shine on the irresistible tribal throb of the title track.

Much of the performance played on the chemistry between former partners Nicks, our lady of the gothic shawls, and Buckingham, the birthday boy who was treated to an impromptu rendition of Happy Birthday by the crowd (“Don’t remind me,” he deadpanned) and some projectile undies.

The pair walked onstage hand-in-hand, slow-danced briefly to Sara and tried to outdo each other with the overwrought melodrama of Gold Dust Woman and I’m So Afraid. Buckingham’s Sad Angel bustled along with more momentum than melody, while Nicks described the winsome Without You as “the nicest thing I ever wrote about he and I”. But it was the bitter songs they wrote about each other – Go Your Own Way and Don’t Stop – and the intimate, healing finale of Say Goodbye which won the day.
Old 10-03-2013, 10:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtulip View Post
The pair walked onstage hand-in-hand, slow-danced briefly to Sara and tried to outdo each other with the overwrought melodrama of Gold Dust Woman and I’m So Afraid. Buckingham’s Sad Angel bustled along with more momentum than melody, while Nicks described the winsome Without You as “the nicest thing I ever wrote about he and I”. But it was the bitter songs they wrote about each other – Go Your Own Way and Don’t Stop – and the intimate, healing finale of Say Goodbye which won the day.
Ok, I'll ignore the fact that they didn't write Don't Stop, but how can I ignore the fact that it is NOT bitter.

Michele
Old 10-03-2013, 10:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Ok, I'll ignore the fact that they didn't write Don't Stop, but how can I ignore the fact that it is NOT bitter.

Michele
Reminds me of when Stevie said they wrote them all anyway...