User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-28-2012, 11:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtulip View Post

Yep, lots more! Not clique-ish, we welcome LB lovers of all shapes and sizes!
Indeed we do I've met so many good people both at concerts, and online, that I've long since lost count. I make a point of, and I know many other LB fans do too, including and encouraging anyone who shows an interst in Lindsey and his music. It's the love of everything about him, that makes us anything BUT cliquish
Old 12-29-2012, 01:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm so confused. This thread was a very nice gesture and the pictures shared are amazing. And I appreciated the title, which grabbed my attention for sure.

But what is the big deal about elle's post? Why are people saying it is "unnecessary" if she decided to acknowledge other people who she knows are also huge LB supporters? I saw nothing but fairness in her post. I admit that I have often felt that I don't really belong in any clique on "The Ledge." I'm more of an outsider just sharing my love for Lindsey, who is my first and foremost where Fleetwood Mac is concerned. But I have so much appreciation and love for my fellow Lindsey fans, and elle's post was very appreciated by me. Sometimes it does sting to feel that, because one doesn't post as often or maybe isn't quite as consistent, they shouldn't also be considered amongst the group of huge Lindsey fans. Because I definitely am. Frankly, Lindsey is the only reason I come onto "The Ledge."

That and to read threads by many of you, especially the Lindsey stans. I am not slighting Vivfox's post. But I DO understand why elle felt the need to give a shout out to other huge Lindsey fans. She's a very fair person and I really admire that about her. Thank you elle.

Thanks for the thread. The pictures...Lindsey's hair has always held it's own.

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL
Old 12-29-2012, 01:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsfan View Post
And, with all due respect, I don't really understand the categorizing thing. Elle tried to do a nice thing, and point out that Lindsey has LOTS of dedicated fans. We're not a category. We're just fans. It's truly amazing the things that get blown out of proportion.
Well, I think I got my own separate "category" in Elle's list. I responded to that description of myself.

As for clique-ishness, I think that many fans believe there are certain ways to be a fan and they like to measure others' fervor against their own and rank it.

Michele
Old 12-29-2012, 01:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Well, I think I got my own separate "category" in Elle's list. I responded to that description of myself.

As for clique-ishness, I think that many fans believe there are certain ways to be a fan and they like to measure others' fervor against their own and rank it.

Michele
you got a special shout-out, not a category.

could be, i really dislike clique-ishness. in any shape or form. when i first started posting, i felt almost every post i made was being largely ignored by most who just continued talking to their own little clique, it was like HS kids lol. however, you made me feel welcome and that was one of the reasons i stayed. i don't feel clique-ishness is the problem here these days and that's a positive thing. but i do feel bad that so few people post here while choosing to start FB groups instead, for one reason or another. it would be great if we can change that.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-29-2012, 01:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
you got a special shout-out, not a category.
Well thank you. I think the language

Quote:
and added one or 2 who probably shouldn't be listed as such by any stretch
seemed exclusionary. The inclusion or expansion upon LB lovers was great.

Quote:
when i first started posting, i felt almost every post i made was being largely ignored by most who just continued talking to their own little clique, it was like HS kids lol. however, you made me feel welcome and that was one of the reasons i stayed. i don't feel clique-ishness is the problem here these days and that's a positive thing. but i do feel bad that so few people post here while choosing to start FB groups instead, for one reason or another. it would be great if we can change that.
Your efforts to do so and contributions here are appreciated.

I think people will go where they feel most comfortable and have the most friends. A lot seems to be happening on Facebook and I understand those that would rather be there. I just hate missing out on FM news that doesn't make it here.

Michele
Old 12-29-2012, 05:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Feel free to categorise me - I don't mind in the least!

I will always be ecstatic to be in an exclusive obsessive Lindsey category clique

Old 12-29-2012, 05:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
this is very nice of you, but you missed many huge LB fans, and added one or 2 who probably shouldn't be listed as such by any stretch.
(So i wanted to jump in the fight yesterday but i was too tired.)
This sentence bugs me, and i think that's what CADreaming meant when saying it is "unnecessary". Because you didn't categorize her as a LB fan (him? i think it's "her"...) while she was "listed" in Vivfox' dedication, which is, i'm sorry, not a very nice thing to do. I believe that you can be both a huge Stevie AND a huge Lindsey fan... And if stating the opposite is not being clique-ish...
On the other hand adding other people was nice gesture, i understand why you did it, but i really think that Vivfox was making a dedication to LB fans he knows and appreciates, rather than making a list.
Old 12-29-2012, 06:06 AM
Senior Ledgie

I would like to be categorized as someone that doesn't like to be categorized.

Oh, and I really like LB's music.
Old 12-29-2012, 08:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenzo View Post
I would like to be categorized as someone that doesn't like to be categorized.

Oh, and I really like LB's music.

lmao - someone else with a bit of tongue in cheek humour!

Oh, and re LB -
Old 12-29-2012, 11:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by McTrouble View Post
Feel free to categorise me - I don't mind in the least!

I will always be ecstatic to be in an exclusive obsessive Lindsey category clique

lol Viv! always the comic relief when people get too serious, and how do you all say it? "knickers in knots" over nothing?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"

Last edited by elle; 12-29-2012 at 12:02 PM..
Old 12-30-2012, 10:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
But what is the big deal about elle's post? Why are people saying it is "unnecessary" if she decided to acknowledge other people who she knows are also huge LB supporters? I saw nothing but fairness in her post.

That and to read threads by many of you, especially the Lindsey stans. I am not slighting Vivfox's post. But I DO understand why elle felt the need to give a shout out to other huge Lindsey fans.
Great to see you again Nico, but I'm sorry it took this to make you post again. I've missed you around here. I thought Elle's acknowledgement of those she felt were left out of Vivfox's shout out was certainly fair. But, I thought her bringing attention to a thread in a different forum as a way to gauge Lindsey support was totally unfair and unnecessary. Elle will admit she likes to stir stuff up and that's exactly what she was doing. I just wasn't going to let it slide because it's not her place to label my support, for instance, of Lindsey Buckingham by my vote in a poll for Stevie Nicks as my favorite songwriter of the group. It's just simply not accurate. I personally was flattered Vivfox mentioned me in his original post because I'm sure most of these ladies who keep this forum going would not deem me to be included in their clique. And, honestly, it's not true -- I've probably spent more money, time and traveled further to see Lindsey than either Stevie or FM. I adore the man, but everyone knows that I also equally adore Stevie. I may be a rare breed - it always seems to be so split between "Lindsey fans" vs. "Stevie fans" and I don't usually fall into one of those groups over the other and I don't really understand it.

So, that's why I thought Elle's post was unnecessary. I don't begrudge the listing of those who may have been unintentionally overlooked in Vivfox's post, but singling out others as not being fit to be included in the list was not for her to judge. You can't possibly know how big of fan someone is based on anything posted -- or not posted.

Quote:

Yeah, I agree and I don't believe in it.

Quote:
I think the language seemed exclusionary.
Yes, that was my impression.

Quote:
The inclusion or expansion upon LB lovers was great.
Agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepless-Child View Post
This sentence bugs me, and i think that's what CADreaming meant when saying it is "unnecessary". Because you didn't categorize her as a LB fan (him? i think it's "her"...) while she was "listed" in Vivfox' dedication, which is, i'm sorry, not a very nice thing to do. I believe that you can be both a huge Stevie AND a huge Lindsey fan... And if stating the opposite is not being clique-ish...
On the other hand adding other people was nice gesture, i understand why you did it, but i really think that Vivfox was making a dedication to LB fans he knows and appreciates, rather than making a list.
Hi there, thanks for the post. I'm a "she", by the way. And, I appreciate your response. I thought Vivfox's post was wonderful and that he was only doing in this forum what he had so generously done in the others -- sharing wonderful pictures. His list may not have been all inclusive, but again I don't think that he intentionally slighted anyone - like you said it was just a list of folks he knew for sure were big LB fans - and Elle's expansion was nice.

Just wanted to explain. I'm all for enjoying the pictures again.
Old 12-30-2012, 10:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
lol Viv! always the comic relief when people get too serious, and how do you all say it? "knickers in knots" over nothing?

lmfao!!!! It's "knickers in a twist" !!!!

You can now just put me in "nitpicking" category!
Old 12-30-2012, 12:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Nice to see Elle selected me for the first team too. Always a huge Lindsey fan, just don't get the time to post as much these days but definitely check in everyday for my fix.
There's still a few actively flying the Lindsey flag high and proud in Ireland even after the downer last year.
Old 12-30-2012, 12:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
this is very nice of you, but you missed many huge LB fans, and added one or 2 who probably shouldn't be listed as such by any stretch. so i feel the need to right this wrong (see vivfox, no good deed goes unpunished
A dedication is a personal choice.You don't have the right to claim that 2 people shouldn't be listed in my dedication. If you look through the Ledge from the time you joined and way before that you will see that all these people I mentioned have posted positively in the Lindsey forum. If I forgot to mention some fans I do apologize because I would never want anyone to feel left out.
Old 12-30-2012, 12:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
It was sweet of Vivfox to dedicate the thread to a few people she knew who would appreciate it, for sure. Beyond that it becomes superfluous and borderlining on exclusive/cliquey.

But regardless, thanks for posting Viv! Enjoyed the pictures a lot and there were quite a few I hadn't seen.
She thanks you for the kind words. I'm not a fan of cliques. When I joined The Ledge in 2007 there were cliques and there were many members who were not in a clique as well. I am always one to embrace new Ledgies because I want everyone to feel like a part of the group. I have been friendly to every Ledgie on this site and several of them were venomous to me from the word go. Not everyone is gonna love you no matter how hard you try. I'm not gonna stop being nice.