Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Post-Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-04-2009, 05:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Another Mick & Rick interview

This interview was in Norway during the MFBB's European tour. I didn't know Mick had spent a few years growing up in that country. He manages to speak a bit of the language.

Some interesting stuff. Mick was so drunk the first time he met Rick, he doesn't remember the meeting. Imagine that.

When Rick first came into FM, the blues numbers he was allowed to do were 'rationed', according to Mick --- "Somewhat sadly" he adds, because, "in retrospect, there were two people on that stage who wanted to let Rick lead the band farther into that blues direction."

However, he says the blues influence was always with FM -- "even, to some extent, with Lindsey and Stevie." He says listen to Don't Stop -- it's actually a blues shuffle.

He also expects the blues music he's playing now to "live and breathe long after Fleetwood Mac is gone."

Probably make more sense if I just posted the link, instead of trying to remember everything he said.....

http://www1.nrk.no/nett-tv/klipp/394883
Old 04-04-2009, 06:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Which 2 people?

Him and John?

Him and Rick?

Michele
Old 04-04-2009, 06:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Which 2 people?

Him and John?

Him and Rick?

Michele
I took it to mean Mick and John -- two people other than Rick. Chris had blues roots too, but by this time she'd established her mellower pop sound. Stevie's style was Rumours (still is...). Billy just seemed to be having a good time and throwing a bit of county into the mix.
Old 04-06-2009, 12:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Just listened to the interview. Really great!! I know they missed a lot of potential when Rick left the band, but they just couldn't get more blues into the set. What a shame.

I'm totally loving the MFBB though and I hope and pray they continue, either with more covers of old Peter and FM stuff or with originals from Rick and other blues artists. I don't care. It works for me.

This band has a great potential for future albums and tours outside the FM machine and I hope it happens.

Thanks for posting the link OldTimer!!! Very much appreciated!!
Old 04-06-2009, 02:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up Thanks!

Thanks for posting the interview Old Timer. Great! I saw MFBB on the european tour last autumn, so I am very pleased to hear this interview.

Ms Moose
Old 04-06-2009, 07:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Anyone else think that Mick talks too much?
Old 04-06-2009, 11:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Anyone else think that Mick talks too much?
Oh, I don't think so. His wife might agree with you. Mick does tend to ramble on and on and on and on and on and.....but I love listening to him. (I feel like such a sap to admit it, but I'm a hopeless sucker for accents. )

Rick, on the other hand, seems to be far less gabby. Maybe that's why the two of them work so well together.

Yeah, I agree about the great potential of this band, but they're going to have to expand their setlist! I don't know if you saw the videos from April 2nd in Waikiki, but the songs were Black Magic Woman, Red Hot Gal, and World Turning -- all songs they did last year. Time to throw some new material out there....but of course these guys are intelligent enough to know that, they don't need an oldtimer to tell them that.

Hopefully there'll be some more performances after the Unleashed tour, with new material. Rick has a wealth of great stuff on his albums that they could use. On Band Box Boogie there's a terrific Chuck Berry-style rock-n-roller called Can't Stop Rockin' that would be awesome live!
Old 04-10-2009, 12:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldTimer View Post
Oh, I don't think so. His wife might agree with you. Mick does tend to ramble on and on and on and on and on and.....but I love listening to him. (I feel like such a sap to admit it, but I'm a hopeless sucker for accents. )

Rick, on the other hand, seems to be far less gabby. Maybe that's why the two of them work so well together.

Yeah, I agree about the great potential of this band, but they're going to have to expand their setlist! I don't know if you saw the videos from April 2nd in Waikiki, but the songs were Black Magic Woman, Red Hot Gal, and World Turning -- all songs they did last year. Time to throw some new material out there....but of course these guys are intelligent enough to know that, they don't need an oldtimer to tell them that.

Hopefully there'll be some more performances after the Unleashed tour, with new material. Rick has a wealth of great stuff on his albums that they could use. On Band Box Boogie there's a terrific Chuck Berry-style rock-n-roller called Can't Stop Rockin' that would be awesome live!

I agree!! With the wealth of material from the original Mac and Rick's catalogue, as well as his songwriting ability, this band has great potential for going forward for a long time. They certainly don't have to go back and cover Peter's material or Danny's or Jeremy's, or Rick's old material for that matter. They can do all new material or a mix or cover other blues greats as well.

Good Luck! God Bless! Long Life to the MFBB!!!!