User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-12-2018, 08:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskisn View Post

Did Jenny really have an affair (or more than an affair of the mind) with Weston (Weston said no).

What ever happened to that final Weston album "At this moment (Jan 2008) Bob Weston is recording new material in the Markant Recording Studios in Heeze (the Netherlands). Expect some new material to be released later in the year." Four years later he dies alone in his flat and we will never see that album.
I didn't realize that Weston said there was no affair, as he doesn't seem to deny it at all on his Q&A on this site - or perhaps I am misreading his answers. See what you think: (he also mentions he read Mick's book and sites no disagreement in that area)

http://www.fleetwoodmac.net/fwm/inde...111&Itemid=215

Specifically this q/a:

4) This may be way too personal, so I'm preparing myself for a "That's none of your #$%@&-ing business" response, but were you and Jenny still an item after your split with FM? If not, have you had a chance since that time to speak with her? Are there any harsh feelings between the two of you over that whole episode? I'm laughing to myself as I write this next part, but please feel free to skip this question. God knows, none of us want to offend or make you feel uncomfortable!

Answered:
Q4: Re Jenny: she's since remarried, and is a qualified counsellor/psychologist; we keep in touch and remain the best of friends. In fact just recently she said much the same thing, that the Mick and Christine distance was sad given the shortness of time...

then this one later:
Hi Bob, time for a "tabloid question", someone has to ask (in fact if anyone already has, I apologise for the repetition). Any regrets about getting involved with Jenny? Was it love or just one of those things? How did it feel to be the third guy to be fired from the 'Mac? Do you regard Mick as a hypocrite given his later behaviour particularly regarding Stevie? On a musical note, did you have the same rapport on stage with Mick that Bob said he had in the last Q&A regarding spontaneous jamming etc? Have you been asked to participate in any solo albums by 'Mac members (Danny excepted)? Thanks for the time taken on this Q&A, I look forward to receiving the album and if you do decide to tour, keep Dublin in mind. (Peter Cunningham, Dublin, Ireland)

Answer:
Hi Peter,

No, no regrets. Jenny and I are still good friends.

Re leaving the Mac: it might sound strange, but I didn't feel at the time that I was fired. Usually you're fired by the boss; in my case there was no boss there. It felt more like a parting of the ways.

Re Mick's behaviour: I really didn't follow that situation; I wasn't interested, not my business. Don't know.

Re musical rapport: working with Mick on drums was a pleasure, but our stage set was a fixed format, very rehearsed, and we never digressed into jamming/improvisation.

Re solo albums: no, Danny was the only one.

See you in Dublin! Mine's a Guinness.
Old 06-12-2018, 08:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I love Weston’s playing on Murray Head’s “Say It Ain’t So.” Roger Daltrey’s solo version (which was basically The Who minus Pete, but with Denny Lane instead) was great, but the original was much deeper.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 06-13-2018, 08:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post
I didn't realize that Weston said there was no affair, as he doesn't seem to deny it at all on his Q&A on this site - or perhaps I am misreading his answers.
There was a quote somewhere, and I can't remember where or when, that he pretty said something about the fact it wasn't physical/sexual. It might have been Jenny that said that rather than Bob, but I do know that one of them did.

I've been on and off here since the Cyberpenguin days so have read so many articles and Q&As over the years that I can't back that up with a reference but I do know I read it about one of them saying it.

Then again, lots has been said in this band and most of it of questionable truth.
Old 06-13-2018, 10:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
There was a quote somewhere, and I can't remember where or when, that he pretty said something about the fact it wasn't physical/sexual. It might have been Jenny that said that rather than Bob, but I do know that one of them did.

I've been on and off here since the Cyberpenguin days so have read so many articles and Q&As over the years that I can't back that up with a reference but I do know I read it about one of them saying it.

Then again, lots has been said in this band and most of it of questionable truth.
The matter of his affair is really not disputed these days. After Mick's tell-all, it was official. We could engage in Bill Clinton-like semantics to define how much an affair has to be an affair to be an affair, but even Jenny Fleetwood (in Mick's book) owns up to it.

Many of the other questions you posed years ago appear to still be in need of answers...and may never get them.

Last edited by aleuzzi; 06-13-2018 at 10:22 AM..
Old 06-14-2018, 08:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
We could engage in Bill Clinton-like semantics to define how much an affair has to be an affair to be an affair,.
Totally off the topic but...

I used to catch up for a coffee with an old work colleague (female) who had a boy about the same age as mine. We'd both take our kids along and have some lunch and a coffee. Someone (anonymously) sent my wife a message on facebook saying that I was having an affair. Good thing my wife knew I was catching up with the woman or I'd be headed for the divorce courts.
Old 06-14-2018, 09:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I understand what you are saying. Yes, certainly a lot of questionable truths!
Old 06-14-2018, 09:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

About Danny and Janis, there is also a book that was printed out on line - who knows, this may all be rubbish, but here it is:

A book by John Glatt called "Live At The Fillmore East & West"

says: "Years later, Rod Stewart would reveal why he and Ron Wood had given her (Joplin) the cold shoulder.

"Janis Joplin was always chasing me and Ronnie around the place," he explained in 2013, "trying to shag one or the other of us, though without success. We were terrified of her and would hide."

Soon afterward, Janis managed to deflower Fleetwood Mac's original guitarist Danny Kirwan, who was still a virgin.

"Janis suffered from a reputation of eating men alive," said Mick Fleetwood. "Danny . . . looked like a little English choirboy with blond hair. Janis basically summoned him to her room. And Danny at that point I don't think had had sex with anybody. So he turned up the next morning [having] been ravaged by Janis. He had fingernail marks all over him, of which he was quite proud. She was one hell of a girl."

(I see you can buy this book on Amazon)

Last edited by Tango; 06-14-2018 at 09:22 AM..