User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-21-2018, 07:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
I heard Mike talking about this today. The only point I was confused about was that he said "Lindsey left the band". I thought it wasn't Lindsey's choice or wasn't of his doing, according to the speech Lindsey gave at the political fundraiser. Are Mick and Stevie writing out Mike's cue cards, prompting him what to say?! So I really want to know, was Lindsey FIRED, or was he fired?!
isn't it interesting that the only 2 who talk about Lindsey not being in the band are the new guys. they get the heavy lifting, while the other 3 are just pretending they never broke the chain.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-21-2018, 07:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
isn't it interesting that the only 2 who talk about Lindsey not being in the band are the new guys. they get the heavy lifting, while the other 3 are just pretending they never broke the chain.
Probably because Lindsey was still in the band when the other three recorded their stories.

I love that John hasn’t said anything

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-21-2018, 07:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Probably because Lindsey was still in the band when the other three recorded their stories.

I love that John hasn’t said anything
we know Lindsey and Mick recorded their parts when Lindsey was still in the band. we have no clue when Stevie recorded her parts.

yes, John always leaves ALL the heavy lifting to others.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-22-2018, 12:04 PM
Junior Ledgie

Looks like the end is near for the FM channel ---

SiriusXM announced today it is launching a limited-run The U2 Experience Channel on channel 30 beginning June 1. This channel will air for 30 days, showcasing the band's music spanning four decades. The announcement also included more information on the broadcast schedule for the band's exclusive concert at the Apollo Theater on June 11 for SiriusXM:

This exclusive SiriusXM concert, and U2’s most intimate New York City show in nearly 20 years, will air on SiriusXM’s The U2 Experience, channel 30, on Wednesday, June 13 at 5 pm ET.

The concert will also air simultaneously on Howard Stern’s Howard 101 channel. Subscribers will be able to listen to SiriusXM hosts Bill Flanagan and Jenny Eliscu host the pre-show concert coverage from the historic Harlem landmark.

https://www.atu2.com/news/siriusxm-a...ng-june-1.html
Old 05-22-2018, 12:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamIsOver View Post

SiriusXM announced today it is launching a limited-run The U2 Experience Channel on channel 30 beginning June 1.
yay looking forward to that! seeing U2 twice mid June so this will be a nice run up to it!!

Old 05-22-2018, 02:35 PM

Default Rumours Revealed Album Special?

Old 05-22-2018, 03:13 PM
kak125
This message has been deleted by kak125.
Old 05-22-2018, 05:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

No idea how/if SiriusXM measures ratings, but I'm curious how the station has done on that front. If it's done well, maybe they'll bring it back down the road. Or move it somewhere else on the dial.
Old 05-22-2018, 07:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamIsOver View Post

SiriusXM announced today it is launching a limited-run The U2 Experience Channel on channel 30 beginning June 1. This channel will air for 30 days, showcasing the band's music spanning four decades. The announcement also included more information on the broadcast schedule for the band's exclusive concert at the Apollo Theater on June 11 for SiriusXM:

This exclusive SiriusXM concert, and U2’s most intimate New York City show in nearly 20 years, will air on SiriusXM’s The U2 Experience, channel 30, on Wednesday, June 13 at 5 pm ET.

The concert will also air simultaneously on Howard Stern’s Howard 101 channel. Subscribers will be able to listen to SiriusXM hosts Bill Flanagan and Jenny Eliscu host the pre-show concert coverage from the historic Harlem landmark.

https://www.atu2.com/news/siriusxm-a...ng-june-1.html
Wonder if they band wanted it to go on longer to help boost ticket sales.
Old 05-22-2018, 07:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
He's probably just trying to use neutral language. He's good friends with Stevie but he's also friendly with Lindsey and a fan of him so it's likely awkward for him.
Mike's in an awkward spot--I am sure partly--he's towing the line for the band, and partly trying to preserve his own integrity, maintain whatever relationship he has with Lindsey and rise about the noise that he really had no part in creating.

And it's good to be John McVie!
Old 05-22-2018, 08:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
Wonder if they band wanted it to go on longer to help boost ticket sales.
I wonder if it comes back in September.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-22-2018, 08:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Just heard “Caught In The Rain” and was struck by how much of a precursor it was to the Rumours era. The musical interplay between Christine on piano and Weston on acoustic guitar and the background vocal harmonies (on what was essentially an instrumental) made me realize just how close the band was to becoming what it eventually became.

Also, I switched when they played “Mr. Soul" by Buffalo Springfield over to Outlaw Country, and they were playing Billy Burnette. I laughed.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-22-2018, 08:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

While I get the anger over them not playing Lindsey’s solo stuff, they also haven’t played any Zoo, Mayall, Crowded House/Split Enz, Buckingham Nicks, or any of the early or post-Rumours Mac members’ solo stuff. Really, the only solo stuff has been Stevie, Christine, and (weirdly) John. Which especially sucks when they play so much Jackson Browne (I can’t stress how much I don’t like him getting played as much as he does on this station).

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-23-2018, 05:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
While I get the anger over them not playing Lindsey’s solo stuff, they also haven’t played any Zoo, Mayall, Crowded House/Split Enz, Buckingham Nicks, or any of the early or post-Rumours Mac members’ solo stuff. Really, the only solo stuff has been Stevie, Christine, and (weirdly) John. Which especially sucks when they play so much Jackson Browne (I can’t stress how much I don’t like him getting played as much as he does on this station).
They also play way too many songs as inspiration for the Mac. Its not like the Mac does not have such an extensive catalog of music. One out of every 4 songs is not a Mac song. It should be something like one out of 10.
I did hear Silver Heels yesterday. That was awesome. I want to hear more Christine songs from Heroes plus some Buckingham Nicks and Christine and Lindsey solo. You don't even have to play other bands on the channel. There are endless tunes from the Mac and Mac members.
Old 05-23-2018, 05:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
They also play way too many songs as inspiration for the Mac. Its not like the Mac does not have such an extensive catalog of music. One out of every 4 songs is not a Mac song. It should be something like one out of 10.
I did hear Silver Heels yesterday. That was awesome. I want to hear more Christine songs from Heroes plus some Buckingham Nicks and Christine and Lindsey solo. You don't even have to play other bands on the channel. There are endless tunes from the Mac and Mac members.
Yes! Far too many inspirations. It drives me friggin insane when I hear Al Green, Jackson Brown, Eagles, etc every four songs.
Old 05-23-2018, 06:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
Yes! Far too many inspirations. It drives me friggin insane when I hear Al Green, Jackson Brown, Eagles, etc every four songs.
I’d add CSN/Y t that list.

THE Stephen Hopkins