User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-05-2016, 10:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
I want the new music. Period. I don't care if it comes out as a four piece FM, or as a CM/LB duet. Just give us the music already!
i think we'll get it, one of those 2 ways. and i hope it's followed by an intimate tour in 2017, as Christine mentioned.

if the album comes out as FM that means Mick grew some real balls and cares about art over money. if it comes out as CM/LB that means Mick needs money again and wants to make sure there is yet another FM5 sure-cashgrab tour, holding both creative part of the band as well as SN a hostage.

i'm optimistic for 2017.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-06-2016, 12:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
I get what you're saying but I think she looks at her solo projects differently from FM because with her solo stuff she's in charge and can have everything how she wants (unless she's on klonopin and hates what she's doing lol), FM requires more struggle and so because of that she's less motivated to do it. And the fact that she had such a ball making IYD is I think part of the problem, now that she got that taste of such fun album making ("the best year of her life"), she doesn't want to compromise anymore to do something that won't give her that same joy.
And THAT'S the problem. She wants to be IN CHARGE. And she'll NEVER, EVER, be in charge of FM. She and her managers do have input into the whole shebang, but(regardless of her "star power"), she will NEVER have the final vote....unless it's in ticket sales. And she knows that, too.

Thus, the Mexican standoff that we're faced with.

I'd literally give my left *** if they'd just tell her to take a hike. Off a short pier.
Old 12-06-2016, 12:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post
All the above. Nicely put dreamsunwind! Time is short for all of them. They should do what makes them all HAPPY, not what makes them MONEY. At this point, I don't even care what some of the fans want. I'm looking for a little Kenny Loggins "peace of mind."
that's fine, but then she needs to not be a doosh about them releasing stuff they've recorded without her.
Old 12-06-2016, 12:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
And THAT'S the problem. She wants to be IN CHARGE. And she'll NEVER, EVER, be in charge of FM. She and her managers do have input into the whole shebang, but(regardless of her "star power"), she will NEVER have the final vote....unless it's in ticket sales. And she knows that, too.

Thus, the Mexican standoff that we're faced with.
amen, brother
Old 12-06-2016, 12:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karissa View Post
Honestly, as much the phrase "self care" squicks me out, I think that's a big part of it. I don't see Stevie as money-hungry-- I see her as realizing what makes her happy & what brings her joy. She's 68. She doesn't have time to live for other people-- especially ones that she feels (whether righteously or not) disrespect her artistic integrity. Stevie is taking care of herself. Working with LB takes an emotional & artistic toll on her-- as much as many of us love him. If she's realized she's given enough to FM & can't do it anymore (whether the reason is emotional, artistic, whatever), I respect her for standing up for herself. As someone who's worshipped FM since I was 3 years old, I want new music so much it hurts. And my first instinct was to be mad at Stevie. I have been all day. But I came around to wanting to trust her. She is raw. She is emotional & intense & sensitive. Despite her faults, she is quite self-aware. She knows what she can & can't emotionally handle. Personally, I can't fault her for protecting herself. I might not be happy with this, but I respect her & think I can wrap my mind around WHY she would do this.
Very well said. Completely agree with you. I have also been mad all day, but you are right. In the studio and personally, LB is too much for her and at her age she knows she needs to look after number one....I mean she is single still I am assuming so she has only herself and her own mind and heart to protect...she's not getting emotional support elsewhere and why waste so much time on something that is likely to make you unhappy. HOWEVER, In saying that I think after the EP she could do the exact same thing, bring along one -two old demos and turn up for a week lay down some harmonies and then be gone....
Old 12-06-2016, 12:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

http://www.fleetwoodmacnews.com/2016...twood-mac.html

Wow, now she's saying they shouldn't release an album without her and just tour. SHUT UP! Please FM release it without her. We want to her new music. Now she's talking about the freaking sales again. I thought that she decided with 24 k cold the ART was important. Oh SHUT Up!!!
Old 12-06-2016, 02:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
http://www.fleetwoodmacnews.com/2016...twood-mac.html

Wow, now she's saying they shouldn't release an album without her and just tour. SHUT UP! Please FM release it without her. We want to her new music. Now she's talking about the freaking sales again. I thought that she decided with 24 k cold the ART was important. Oh SHUT Up!!!
Agreed, she is being ridiculous.

As if she can tell the band what to do. Since when does one member's opinion trump the four others' desires?

I think fans will judge Stevie harshly, even long after she is dead and buried, if she successfully kills off the last Fleetwood Mac album, leaving the songs to wither and die in the darkness.
Old 12-06-2016, 05:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karissa View Post
I don't see Stevie as money-hungry-- I see her as realizing what makes her happy & what brings her joy.
Perhaps what makes her happy is making others unhappy, or a particular other.
Old 12-06-2016, 07:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Both Lindsey and Christine left because of touring and not because of wanting to creatively contribute to the band. Lindsey created most of Tango and did not want to tour. Christine did not tour with the band but still contributed to Time. Stevie is saying she wants nothing to do with new material with the band, does not want to create new music but will graciously sign on the dotted line for big bucks for touring.
I see no comparison. If you don't want to play and contribute with the rest of the band members then you should not be touring with the band. There may not be big bucks in recording but all the money from touring is why you stay with the band. Lindsey and Christine did not have that philosophy.
Regardless of why Christine or Lindsey didn't tour or record with the band when they left, the point is they still didn't, and while I and many, many others were disappointed or devastated, it was still a choice on their part and we had to accept it. Same thing with Stevie. And I really think she dreads the thought of being in the studio with Lindsey for any length of time. If that's true, I hate it, and I wish she would suck it up, but she's gotta do what's right for her.

I won't go further about WHY the band is so hesitant to release an album without Stevie, it's all subjective, anyway.
Old 12-06-2016, 08:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I never thought I'd say this, but if she's definitely said no, they should record without her.

Yes, it won't make nearly as much money, but hasn't everyone been saying it's about the art? I can understand them waiting in the hope that she'd change her mind, but now that such a hope has been quashed, they should move forward as a 4-piece.

They could still tour with her even if they make the album without her, so they'll still make back their money.

Old 12-06-2016, 08:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

...I didn't think I would say this...but now I do think they should release an Album without Stevie..
...She has said she is not interested in joining them to make an Album...so come on give us some NEW music.
...Stevie is wrong, People who don't live in the States can't get to see her...so NEW music is important, a new Album is important to us.
...I can't afford a trip over to see her (or them for that matter) but I can and would buy a new Album.
Old 12-06-2016, 09:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

After all this begging for Christine to come back to the band, she comes back and Stevie does not want to make another record with her and the rest of the Mac?
Stevie debating if the new Mac record will be any "good." Oh really? You don't think when Chris, Mick, John, and Lindsey create music its not always "good."

I suspect some really bad stuff happened between her and Lindsey during the last long tour.
Old 12-06-2016, 09:39 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
After all this begging for Christine to come back to the band, she comes back and Stevie does not want to make another record with her and the rest of the Mac?
Stevie debating if the new Mac record will be any "good." Oh really? You don't think when Chris, Mick, John, and Lindsey create music its not always "good."

I suspect some really bad stuff happened between her and Lindsey during the last long tour.
Sadly what else is new? This is a cycle on seemingly every tour where midway, whether through a show speech or an interview, we hear Stevie saying "I'll be honest, this is the BEST time that Lindsey and I have had together; we finally buried the hatchet!"

Then at the end of the tour, we hear about the animosity again. We just want some new music. Please and kthx.
Old 12-06-2016, 09:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbfan View Post
Perhaps what makes her happy is making others unhappy, or a particular other.
hahaha - yeah. i think you hit the nail on the head there!

Quote:
Oh really? You don't think when Chris, Mick, John, and Lindsey create music its not always "good."

nope, don't think so. the whole last tour they were probably arguing in private about the album - and she is now finally airing it in public.

like some others have said, i think it's all about decades old push and pull, love and hate, with some power play sprinkled in it. they kept arguing whether or not FM should make / release new album during that whole FM 5 tour. this new SN interview airs out all their circular arguments from 2014/15 (plus probably 5 years before that, LB was talking about making new FM album since 2009!). we got some glimpses of what was happening from fans talking to Mick and Lindsey during the tour. it's all consistent with what SN says in this new interview, just fans didn't want to believe it to be the case.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-06-2016, 10:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
II can understand them waiting in the hope that she'd change her mind, but now that such a hope has been quashed, they should move forward as a 4-piece.

They could still tour with her even if they make the album without her, so they'll still make back their money.
no no, they need to tour new music without her. otherwise it will just be yet another stupid expensive GH FM tour. we need to hear at least 6 new songs, as has been the tradition with each new LB or FM album in the more recent times. and SN's timeline puts FM 5 tour in mid 2018 time frame.

they have plenty of time in 2017 to both release the album (which if we believe what Christine was saying is probably finished right about now), and tour behind it as a foursome so we can hear all those fab new songs.